The Next Best Book Club discussion

Other Novels To Discuss > The war of the Worlds or murder on the Orient Express

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gabriella (new)

Gabriella (stardust_126) | 429 comments I am interested to know if anyone would like to read The War of the Worlds by H.g Wells or Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie. Please let me know, I would really like to discuss one of them with somebody

message 2: by Jeanne (new)

Jeanne Gabriella wrote: "I am interested to know if anyone would like to read The War of the Worlds by H.g Wells or Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie. Please let me know, I would re..."

I would be interested in Murder on the Orient Express. When would you like to start?

message 3: by Gabriella (new)

Gabriella (stardust_126) | 429 comments Today would be good, how about you?

message 4: by Jeanne (new)

Jeanne Gabriella wrote: "Today would be good, how about you?"

I will need to get it from the library, but I should have it in the next day or so. Would that work?

message 5: by Gabriella (new)

Gabriella (stardust_126) | 429 comments Yes that's fine

message 6: by Jeanne (new)

Jeanne I have the book. Are you ready to begin?

message 7: by Gabriella (new)

Gabriella (stardust_126) | 429 comments Yes, I am ready to begin.. Sorry to keep you waiting for a week. Have you read any other books by agatha christie?

message 8: by Jeanne (new)

Jeanne Long time ago I read Curtain (Ulverscroft Large Print Ser.) by Agatha Christie and Death on the Nile by Agatha Christie and The Mysterious Affair at Styles/The Secret Adversary by Agatha Christie and And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie . They were more teenage reads for me. I have been wanting to start reading them again. How about you?

message 9: by Gabriella (new)

Gabriella (stardust_126) | 429 comments The first agatha christie book I reads as And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie and I enjoyed it very much, and then after that I read The Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie , the Halloween party, The Hollow (Hercule Poirot, #25) by Agatha Christie and Peril at End House (Hercule Poirot, #8) by Agatha Christie I liked and then there none and the murder of roger ackroyd the best.

message 10: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Mclaren | 293 comments You can do no better than reading Agatha Christie, she has a very solid framework in all her stories. While I read and share books (or turn them in at the used bookstore) I keep hers always. Its been a while since I've read the Orient Express. This thread is peaking my interest.

message 11: by Robert (new)

Robert Raker (robert_raker) | 60 comments Murder on the Orient Express is an absolute work of art. I'll always be partial to And Then There Were None.