Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

Archived Threads > Kimani promises more interracial storylines

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 7314 comments Mod
I have a google alerts for interracial romance and it pulled up an article with the executive editor, and she made this promise.

Show me the IR love, lady!

http://www.examiner.com/x-6658-DC-Pub...

message 2: by Arch , Mod (new)

Arch  | 6619 comments Mod
We need more interracial stories.

message 3: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (last edited Jun 14, 2009 08:34PM) (new)

CaliGirlRae (rae_l) | 2002 comments Mod
Thanks for posting this, Danielle! And Wendy wrote the article too, how cool!

Definitely looking forward to more IR. :-D

message 4: by new_user (last edited Jun 15, 2009 01:41AM) (new)

new_user Cool, so Harlequin is listening! LOL. :) I knew they did ever since they created that NASCAR line. How else would a Canadian company know that there's a race-car following among US families? LOL. I mean, NASCAR? Who else would have thought of that? xD

message 5: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

They are aiming for the solid audience in the Midwest and Middle America, a lot of whom buy the HQN books. I hope that they do deliver on this, although I think the IR should be throughout all the lines, not just in Kimani.

message 6: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

CaliGirlRae (rae_l) | 2002 comments Mod
Gatadelafuente (Danielle) wrote: "They are aiming for the solid audience in the Midwest and Middle America, a lot of whom buy the HQN books. I hope that they do deliver on this, although I think the IR should be throughout all the..."

I agree Danielle. I hope it does start to catch on and move throughout the lines. I really want to see more IR stories in Nocturne and Intrigue especially. Also in Superromances, too.

message 7: by Justine (new)

Justine | 1275 comments and another time I must ask- why da hell is the midwest running the country????????? i'm not even sure that anything west of chicago actually exists?!?!?

message 8: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Hmm. I'm not sure how to answer that question, Justine. :)

message 9: by new_user (new)

new_user LOL. Are most of their readers really in the Midwest? I always assumed they were in the South. xD So we're the ones holding the country back? D'oh!

message 10: by Justine (new)

Justine | 1275 comments new_user wrote: "LOL. Are most of their readers really in the Midwest? I always assumed they were in the South. xD So we're the ones holding the country back? D'oh!"

yes you are nu- and you all need to secede

message 11: by Justine (new)

Justine | 1275 comments Eugenia wrote: "Justine wrote: "and another time I must ask- why da hell is the midwest running the country????????? i'm not even sure that anything west of chicago actually exists?!?!?"

Yes, we actually exist ..."

Ok Eugenia - I'll have to give in to that one. I was in Seattle once. But the jury is still on everything east of you to chicago!!!!!!!!!!

message 12: by new_user (last edited Jun 18, 2009 11:18AM) (new)

new_user Justine wrote: "yes you are nu- and you all ..."

Okay, but we're taking our tacky shorts with us!

LOL.

message 13: by Justine (new)

Justine | 1275 comments new_user wrote: "Justine wrote: "yes you are nu- and you all ..."

Okay, but we're taking our tacky shorts with us!

LOL.

"

LOL- please do and take your cow boy boots with ya!

message 14: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Uh, sorry. I don't own a cowboy hat or boots, despite spending 16 years of my life in Texas on and off.

message 15: by new_user (last edited Jun 18, 2009 11:20AM) (new)

new_user I think the romance heroes bought them all. Why are they always wearing cowboy boots, I'd like to know?! It drives me crazy!

message 16: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Cowboy boots don't seem that comfortable, so I don't really know. I do love a cowboy hero though. LOL!

message 17: by Arch , Mod (new)

Sam wears cowboy boots. I guess you can't be a cowboy without wearing cowboy boots.

message 18: by Arch , Mod (new)

I own a black cowgirl hat.

message 19: by new_user (last edited Jun 18, 2009 01:44PM) (new)

new_user I mean, I can understand them on an actual ranchhand, but a man walking around downtown in cowboy boots just looks ridiculous. The only exception might be in Texas. It doesn't seem out of place there. LOL.

message 20: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

I haven't seen that many really cute cowboys. Most of the guys who wear hats are older guys. The younger guys wear the backwards caps. I'm waiting to see a really fine young cowboy guy, and you think I would in my profession, but not so much. I guess I need to start going to rodeos. LOL.

message 21: by new_user (new)

new_user People are still wearing backwards caps... *sigh, shaking head*

message 22: by Justine (new)

Justine | 1275 comments sorry eugenia. they may be comfortable but them things are the darned ugliest things :-)

message 23: by Justine (new)

Justine | 1275 comments Eugenia wrote: "Different strokes for different folks, you don't have to like them but I do. I mean, I don't like sweatpants and am seriously offended when I see people in them, I know they're comfortable but they..."

you mean crocs?

message 24: by Arch , Mod (new)

I wear sweatpants.

message 25: by new_user (new)

new_user LOL. Well, around here we have to wear Uggs in the blizzards. I understand crocs are also worn only by people for comfort, nurses, etc. I don't think anyone actually thinks they look good, LOL.

message 26: by Justine (new)

Justine | 1275 comments oh i see lots of out of towners in crocs. i know they are out of towners coz they've got maps and they clog up the ny streets. they so give me the urge to push them out of my way. but sigh... my fair city needs the money

message 27: by Justine (new)

Justine | 1275 comments Eugenia wrote: "Justine wrote: "Eugenia wrote: "Different strokes for different folks, you don't have to like them but I do. I mean, I don't like sweatpants and am seriously offended when I see people in them, I k..."

you right - they are ugly. probably only worn by people from that part of the country that doesn't really exist!

message 28: by new_user (new)

new_user I don't mind sleek sweatpants on a good-looking guy, LOL. As long as they're not the baggy, gray kind gathered at the ankle, LOL.