This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
I hate Caillou

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kim (last edited Feb 09, 2008 08:37PM) (new)

Kim (kmdoubleday) C'mon... I know I shouldn't hate him, but he's annoying. I hate that he gets a grandmotherly narration while my internal narration would sound like Maggie Estep (who I hate). I hate that Caillou whines about what he wants and that kids will only watch part of the show and get the gist that it's okay to whine. I hate that Caillou's parents look interchangeable in their frumpy sweaters and I hate his name... who would name their kid something like Caillou? You see him getting beaten up for that alone once he hits elementary school... not to add on to the whining that he will never outgrow.

message 2: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa Mt son hated Caillou. Even when he was three, he would ask me "Why does Caillou act like a big baby all the time, and why is he bulb (bald) like a baby if he is four?" I hated that Caillou's mommy looked like she had a massive abdominal wall separation and needed a radical abdominoplasty, and that his dad wore very prissy, sissy shoes.

message 3: by Fredstrong (new)

Fredstrong I never knew who Caillou was. Your thread made me google him, hence introduce him to my reality. I hate you for that.

message 4: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) I did the youtube search...I hate you as well now. I'm glad I am no longer a nanny, Barney was torture enough back in the day. I think I would lose my mind if I had to listen to that horrible little cartoon boy singing with any regularity!

message 5: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony I hate Cailou so much too. He is the worst whiner in the history of children's television. Were Cailou somehow magically transferred into the world of Barney, Barney would say "toughen up, little f(bleep), or go back to your own cartoon."

That line about his dad's shoes made me laugh. I almost want to watch again to confirm.

message 6: by Valerie (new)

Valerie I hate that I can still remember the entire Caillou theme song from my own child's Caillou phase, and that it's now stuck in my head in an endless loop.

So many things to do
each day there's something new
I'll share them with you
I'm Caillou...

That makes me want to strangle someone.

message 7: by Kim (new)

Kim (kmdoubleday) I hate Maurice for throwing in a prog reference on my time and my hatred for Caillou

message 8: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Don't be whiny about it, though, because that's reminding me of Caillou, and I hate that.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.