Mystery meets Thrills meets CIA discussion

Book discussion

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tom (new)

Tom Gabbay (tomgabbay) | 2 comments With the current turmoil over the disputed election in Iran, it seems an deal time to initiate a discussion about my new novel, THE TEHRAN CONVICTION. Here is the Publisher's Weekly review:

"Gabbay's winning third thriller to feature CIA spook Jack Teller (after The Lisbon Crossing) focuses on Iran during two pivotal years: 1953, when a mistake-laden covert CIA operation overthrew the nation's prime minister, Mohammad Mossadegh, and 1979, during the chaos of the Islamic revolution and Ayatollah Khomeini's rise to power. In 1953, as a naïve Company recruit, Teller befriends an idealistic Iranian government official, Yari Fatemi, only to be manipulated into betraying him and his family. In 1979, when Yari's sister shows up in New York and informs Teller that her brother is in jail awaiting certain execution, Teller feels compelled to return to Iran in a suicidal attempt to save Yari. Powered by relentless pacing and a story line abounding in subterfuge, treachery and subversion, this Ludlumesque page-turner offers invaluable historical insights into the turbulent relationship between America (“the Great Satan”) and Iran."

I will be responding to questions and comments about the book through the end of July, at which point I will post an abridged version of the discussion on various sites, including my web site ( www.tomgabbay.com). I will be sending autographed copies of the book to anyone whose questions or comments are used in the edited transcript.

Questions and comments can be sent to info@tomgabbay or through the Goodreads Q & A group (http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/2...) or my home page (www.goodreads.com/author/show/246736....).

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Tom Gabbay The Tehran Conviction A Novel of Suspense by Tom Gabbay

message 2: by Christina (last edited Jun 20, 2009 01:10AM) (new)

Christina | 4 comments Sounds like a great book, Tom. I have found, after finishing "Piercing the Veil" by Eric Wentz, that I actually have more interest in books such as yours. There was a time when I could watch the movies or documentaries, but wouldn't dream of picking up a book with military/CIA subject matter. Mr. Wentz' book changed that for me. So, thanks to him, I will be ordering your book next. Thank you for taking the time to inform us of about the book and being available to us. Best of luck to you.

Christina Piercing the Veil by Eric Wentz

message 3: by Tom (new)

Tom Gabbay (tomgabbay) | 2 comments Christina wrote: "Sounds like a great book, Tom. I have found, after finishing "Piercing the Veil" by Eric Wentz, that I actually have more interest in books such as yours. There was a time when I could watch the ..."

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on it, Christina.