FMHS Rockin' Readers discussion

Which character in your book do you relate to the most and why?

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura Anne (new)

Laura Anne | 2 comments Mod
It's always fun to read a book containing a character you can really relate to. Maybe the character reminds you of yourself or someone else you know. This is a discussion thread to talk about those characters. What is it about the character in your book that is so familiar?

message 2: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 1 comments i realate most to mattie the main character. She is a strong girl and has to survive on her own. She is very responsble and strong.

message 3: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 5 comments In the book Twilight written by Stephanie Meyer, I relate most to Bella. I think i relate to her the most because i am shy like her. She had to move and meet new people and i have had to do that also.

message 4: by ⇐Yolanda (new)

⇐Yolanda Williams | 1 comments I think I relate to the character Neddy. The runaway slave. Always wanting to break free beyond the horizon. Always wanting to help others before they help themselves.
Neddy was quiet and strong. When he spoked people would listen because he didn't speak for no reason. Those who didn't listen ended up fooled or perhaps baffled by his actions

message 5: by Taylor (new)

Taylor Rice | 1 comments In the book Shooter by Walter Dean Myers, I believe that I relate to Carla the most. She doesnt follow what anyone is doing or do anything to keep friends. She is her own person and doesnt take smack from anyone.

message 6: by Nathnael (new)

Nathnael Argaw | 1 comments I relate to jimmy who is the main character, strugling to believe that his father really killed a man or not.

message 7: by Melanie (new)

Melanie Snyder | 5 comments Elsewhere has a character, Curtis, that reminds me of my friend, Robin. She is very laid back and doesn't let anyone put her down like Curtis. Curtis was so carefree and had a happy afterlife.

message 8: by Cristina (new)

Cristina Villarreal | 4 comments i think its fun to be like the same. I think i look like one of the campers

message 9: by Sara (new)

Sara Weddington | 1 comments In the book Pretty Things i think i relate to Brie the most because she's just confused and doesn't understand what to do.

message 10: by Nikki (new)

Nikki | 1 comments I the book Tears of a Tiger I really related to Andy because even though he didnt have any direct words in the book ;his personality was widely given like me.

message 11: by Stephanie (last edited Feb 14, 2008 08:16AM) (new)

Stephanie | 1 comments In the book Rundown By Michael Cadnum, I think the older sister Cassandra relates to me some. She outgoing, smart, good at school and athletic. She gets attention, always gets the guy, and shes living her life the way she wants. I'll admit, I don't exactly know what I want yet, and I know I don't always give my 100% on my schoolwork, I don't get the good guys, but she seems very determined, and determination is something I've got. We both relate in the sense that we're proud, strong and independent.

message 12: by Holly (last edited Feb 14, 2008 11:51AM) (new)

Holly Williams (hollylynn) | 1 comments In my book, See You Down the Road, i related mostly to the girl Bridget. We didn't have a lot in common, but she's around my age and we kind of think alike.

message 13: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Headden | 1 comments In "Our Time On The River" I am most like Steven. He is nice and careful about a lot of things around him. That is how i am so thats why I think he is the one i relate to the most.

message 14: by Megan (new)

Megan | 1 comments I think that I relate most to the main character, Sorry, becuase he is very determined to do whatever he sets his mind to.

message 15: by Fiona (new)

Fiona Newberry | 1 comments In "Cujo" i relate most to Donna in this book because she is always putting other people in front of her;even when she is dying of heat exhaustion she is putting her on before her.

message 16: by Patrick (last edited Feb 18, 2008 12:52PM) (new)

Patrick Degnan | 1 comments In the book, The Seeing Stone I relate most to the main character of the story.He is obviously a boy or i wouldn't have picked him, but anyways i think we are kind of alike because he is kind, and he always helps other people. And he is also light hearted.

message 17: by Jenna (new)

Jenna White | 1 comments In Shadow of a Doubt i think i am not really ike any of the charcters but, if i hadto choose i would most likely relate to the main charcter because he ie a layed back kind o person and he cares about his grades and the inportan thinsn liferatherthn his apperence and what other people might think of him. That is why i think i would probably relate to him.

message 18: by Sam (new)

Sam Stratton | 1 comments In my book, Eagle Strike the character that related to me the most was the main character Alex. The reason is because he is a 14 year old boy and so am I. So we relate in age.

message 19: by Trevor (new)

Trevor Wilkinson | 1 comments in the book the long walk i would relate to the main character. I would relate to him because he never gives up and neither do I.

message 20: by Scubasteve01 (new)

Scubasteve01 Blanchard | 1 comments In the Harry Potter 3 book, i relate most to Ron Weasly because he is so random like me. HA HA.

message 21: by Shane (new)

Shane Sutton | 1 comments In my book Leons Story I can mostly relate to is Leon, the main character because he is always happy and is strong taking so much from racism and school situations.

message 22: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey Deporte | 1 comments In Eragon I relate the most to the main character Eragon, because he analyzes things before making decisions

message 23: by Lorna (new)

Lorna | 2 comments My book At first Sight by Nicholas Sparks i relate to Jeremy the most because he is confused about most things and im almost always confused so yea. lol

message 24: by ryan (new)

ryan REGISTER (kingman) | 2 comments In my book, I relate to Paul-Edward the most.
Like him sometimes I just can't put up with anything anymore. Sometimes you know I just feel like running away.

message 25: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 5 comments In my book Heartbeat i most relate to the character Max. I relate to him because we are both impatient and still learning about life's secrets.

message 26: by Jake (new)

Jake Reed | 8 comments i think in mostl;y harmless i relate to Ford because he likes to have a good time and so do i.

message 27: by ryan (new)

ryan REGISTER (kingman) | 2 comments N my book i rel8 to paul-edward the most, bcuz like him sumtimes i feel like i wanna get throo everythin myself, and wanna b indpendent. Like him i will do wat i need 2, 2 sieze wat i want, whether it b a impossible thing 2 imagine, or the simplest thing, i do wat i must. So paul-edwards is the character i relate 2 the most.

message 28: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 5 comments I relate mostly to Jacob Black because he is so open to his friends and so am I.

message 29: by Melanie (new)

Melanie Snyder | 5 comments I relate to the main character in my book, Defining Dulcie. She has to go through a lot of hard times, just like I have. I didn't drive across the country because of mine, but I can still relate to her problems.

message 30: by Jake (new)

Jake Reed | 8 comments in Martyn Pig i think i most likely relate to Martyn because i really love murder mysteries (again haha)

message 31: by Eric▲ (new)

Eric▲ | 3 comments I probably can relate to Arthur in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy because he really doesn't know whats going on, but goes with whatever it is.