Harry Potter Fans discussion

The Deathly Hallows

Comments Showing 1-50 of 118 (118 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) i think that hermione would have been smarter than to just carry the basiliks fangs in her arms because after all, the are extremly poisonous. she could have summoned a bag to carry them at least!

but I like the book. Very good.

message 2: by Alex (new)

Alex I think that she could have made it a bit longer. I mean killing Voldemort was kinda fast...also I think it should have told when Harry Hermione and Ron went home and Harry seeing Ginny and everything else. but the book was still really really really good! i loved it!

message 3: by Teresa 8-22 (new)

Teresa 8-22 i loved mrs. weasley and "that's my daughter, you *@#$%"!!!!!! that made me laugh out loud. i agree, voldemort's downfall couldve been longer. and how ron went down into the chamber with parseltongue was really... weird. i thought that only special people could speak that way. like, its a "gift".

message 4: by Alex (new)

Alex but he HAD heard harry do like a lot of times!!!!!!

message 5: by Teresa 8-22 (new)

Teresa 8-22 yeah, but still. it was years ago when harry spoke in parseltongue.

message 6: by Alex (new)

Alex NO in the 7th book harry said it to the locket...OPEN UP...to open it and ron was there and so ya ran heard him say it like just then and the book did say that he had to do it a couple of times.

message 7: by Teresa 8-22 (new)

Teresa 8-22 oh yeah. i totally forgot about that!!

message 8: by Alex (new)

Alex ya...see i;m not just talking to my self!!!:P

message 9: by Teresa 8-22 (new)

Teresa 8-22 thats really weird... facts clashing with facts... maybe jo made a mistake?

message 10: by Alex (new)

Alex well i dont know i bet there's some people like half and half....man maybe i really am talking to my self cuz that sounds really stupid...

message 11: by Chris (last edited May 03, 2008 06:20PM) (new)

Chris | 4 comments There were a lot of death of characters but it was pretty good. It was pretty weird when Harry died and was alive again

message 12: by Alex (new)

Alex its because he was a horcrux (i think thats how u spell it)

message 13: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey Ellis (ellisk) i really liked the 7th book. what did u guys think?

message 14: by Alex (new)

Alex i LOVED it!

message 15: by Teresa 8-22 (new)

Teresa 8-22 but harry didnt die. he was only in a trance-like state. he appeared dead. if he didnt choose to go back at king's cross station, he would be dead. but he helped himself choose to save the world and go back.

i think that the 7th was my fav of the series. :) so happy-sad.

message 16: by Alex (last edited May 07, 2008 03:02PM) (new)

Alex my favorite one in the series was the second one....I HAVE KNOW IDEA WHY SO DONT ASK ME!!! oo oo my favorite line in the second book id (and this is molfoy (is that how you spell it?) speaking)

"famous Harry Potter cant even go into a book shop without making the front page!" man i have no idea why i like saying that....!

message 17: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey Ellis (ellisk) haha! in the 5th movie, one of my favorite lines is from Bellatirx, when she like, "He knows how to play! Pity Pity Baby Potter" i love IT! :)

message 18: by Alex (new)

Alex haha thats funny!

message 19: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey Ellis (ellisk) hahaha oh yah!

message 20: by Teresa 8-22 (new)

Teresa 8-22 ah, bellatrix... shes so funny, yet cruel. but i kind of like her, even though she is ruthless and will do anything for voldemort... :(

message 21: by Alex (new)

Alex grrr!!!

message 22: by Sella (last edited May 09, 2008 06:23PM) (new)

Sella Malin I half hate Bellatrix, and half like her. She's an awesome evil character. I love that it's Mrs. Weasley who kills her, though I kind of wished it was Neville.

The 7th is my favorite of the series. After that comes the 5th.

I agree, it was weird that Ron could say parseltongue. I don't think that was possible.

And J.K. went really slow on the horcruxes. They found most of them at the end, and they found the first one only well after the book started.

message 23: by Alex (new)

Alex my favorite is the 2nd one

message 24: by Teresa 8-22 (new)

Teresa 8-22 Did bellatrix die??? i wasnt so sure about that because it just said that molly hit her with a spell. oh, neville! i love neville! "dumbledore's army!!" he's definitaly one of my favorite characters.

she did go slow with the horcruxes. they spent a lot of the book trying to find and destroy the locket, and then they destroyed the rest of the remaining horcruxes in only a few chapters.

message 25: by Alex (new)

Alex wait what?

message 26: by Teresa 8-22 (new)

Teresa 8-22 what what??

message 27: by Alex (new)

Alex i dont get it

message 28: by Teresa 8-22 (new)

Teresa 8-22 get what??

message 29: by Alex (new)

Alex EVERYTHING!! ugh nvm

message 30: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin Yes, Bellatrix did die. Molly did kill her...don't you remember? She fell to the ground, dead, and Voldemort gets all angry because Molly killed his best servant...

message 31: by Alex (new)

Alex but his best servant is snape....:... well at least he THOUGHT but ya i guess your right!

message 32: by Teresa 8-22 (new)

Teresa 8-22 She really did die??? Huh. I don't remember that at all. Hmm, better go re-read. But I don't think that Voldemort would really care, because he doesn't have any emotional connections with anyone. He is really cold and emotionless. I thought Snape was his best servant too.

message 33: by Alex (new)

Alex he was but snape really worked for dumbledore

message 34: by Teresa 8-22 (new)

Teresa 8-22 but (mwa ha ha ha!!) voldemort didn't know that!!! haha!!! he was so foolish!!! foolish muggle... er, i mean... wizard!!! i cant believe that voldemort would overlook something so obvious!!!

message 35: by Alex (new)

Alex i know!! hes pretty stupid

message 36: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin Yeah, he was. Then again, Snape was a really good actor and occlumens. But don't you remember, Voldemort was furious when Molly killed Bellatrix, so he went after her.

message 37: by Alex (new)

Alex ya i remember, but then the invisable harry cast a shelding charm that saved Molly and he "died" for all his friends...

message 38: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin Yeah...

message 39: by Alex (new)

Alex so ya but you know that cup? i didnt really get that why did he choose the cup? voldemort mean.

message 40: by Teresa 8-22 (last edited May 16, 2008 05:03AM) (new)

Teresa 8-22 Because Voldemort liked symbolism. He chose the locket because it was Slytherin's, the diadem because it was Ravenclaw's, and the cup because it was Hufflepuff's. He probabaly wanted to get something from Gryffindor, so he could have all four of the houses, but the Sorting Hat and the sword, both of which were in Hogwarts, and used commonly, were Gryffindor's only known possessions.

message 41: by Alex (new)

Alex oh ya!!! now i remember!

message 42: by Teresa 8-22 (new)

Teresa 8-22 Okay. :)

message 43: by Alex (new)

Alex ya so about harry who do you think he should have liked if ginny and cho wernt there

message 44: by Teresa 8-22 (new)

Teresa 8-22 what???

message 45: by Alex (new)

Alex like who should he have liked? if ginny and cho we're never in the story

message 46: by Chris (new)

Chris | 4 comments so how many horcrux are there?

message 47: by Alex (new)

Alex 7 and harry is the last one....kinda wierd huh?

message 48: by Teresa 8-22 (new)

Teresa 8-22 i dont know who he'd like.... but they're there, so we dont have to worry about that!!! maybe he would have liked hermione, and ron and him would've gotten jealous of each other...

message 49: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey Ellis (ellisk) so what is your favorite harry potter character? they can be dead or alive.

message 50: by Alex (new)

Alex siruis!!!!!! is that how you spell it?

« previous 1 3