CLBB Refugees discussion

What's your user name on the CLBB

Comments Showing 1-50 of 53 (53 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Kristine (new)

Kristine (moxie) | 78 comments Mod
Some of us have different names here. I think I have everyone figured out but I'm sure others are scratching their heads.

I am KristiB.

message 2: by Nat (new)

Nat | 12 comments Natasha on CLBB - a ton of my friends call me Nat so I created my profile as such.

Jeanette (Ms. Feisty) | 66 comments I'm "generic" on CLBB. I'm one of those scratching my head. I'll be interested to see who's who! :)

message 4: by Elisabeth (new)

Elisabeth (elisabethm) | 4 comments I'm "Elisabeth13" on CLBB...although I'm not on there too often anymore.

message 5: by Julie (new)

Julie Kvalley checking in. Although I've checked out on CLBB...

message 6: by Erin (new)

Erin | 37 comments ErinM here, and I've pretty much checked out on the BB, too...

Jeanette (Ms. Feisty) | 66 comments Julie wrote: "Although I've checked out on CLBB... "I noticed. :( :(

message 8: by Kristine (new)

I noticed too. I keep waiting for that board to catch it's second wind.

message 9: by Tyra (new)

Tyra | 22 comments I have no creativity. I'm tbb113 everywhere :-)

message 10: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 34 comments Talk about no creativity...I am Jessica here and Jessica on CLBB. Feel free to friend me on FB--I am never sure who is who because I can never keep CLBB names and real names straight.

message 11: by Kristine (last edited Jun 12, 2009 06:55AM) (new)

I don;t see it as lack of creativity I see it as consistency.

I hear you on the Facebook names. I know Bob is Bob :)

message 12: by Sherri (new)

Sherri (sdmomchef) | 17 comments
SDMomChef on CLBB.

message 13: by Bob (new)

Bob | 31 comments I hear you on the Facebook names. I know Bob is Bob :)"

But Bob is Bob is considering "Miss Daisy" as his new FaceBook name.

Who's Nat? I gather he's not a BBer?

Bob

message 14: by Julie (new)

Julie Sherri wrote: "
SDMomChef on CLBB. "

Now I know who you are! Hi Sherri!

Bob- see above- Nat is our own lovely Canuck- Natasha.

message 15: by Sherri (new)

Sherri (sdmomchef) | 17 comments Julie wrote: "Sherri wrote: "
SDMomChef on CLBB. "

Now I know who you are! Hi Sherri!

Bob- see above- Nat is our own lovely Canuck- Natasha.
"

:) Glad that I'm no longer a mystery!

message 16: by Bob (new)

Bob | 31 comments Just goes to show how well I read! :-(

Sorry, Nat!

Bob

message 17: by Nat (last edited Jun 12, 2009 10:33AM) (new)

Nat | 12 comments No worries, Bob!

Nat(asha)

message 18: by Nat (new)

Nat | 12 comments Sounds almost like we should call this group "CLBB refugees" or ex-CLBBers ;)

message 19: by Erin (new)

Erin | 37 comments I like the CLBB Refugees!

message 20: by Kristine (new)

Done ;)

message 21: by Kim (new)

Kim De | 22 comments I am kwormann on CLBB - I have tried recently to post recipe reviews on the board, but Im not getting any response, so I may check out. I am Kim Bryant De on facebook. :)

message 22: by Acomes (new)

Acomes | 8 comments I'm sure I have people scratching their heads! I am beacooker from CLBB. Unfortunately I'll probably be as much a lurker here as I am there, but since I get so many of my book recommendations from you guys, I figured I better sign up for the group here, so I don't miss any good ones. :)

message 23: by Charisse (new)

Charisse | 29 comments cniles on the CLBB - I still post on the exercise thread! I need that to keep me going :)

Jeanette (Ms. Feisty) | 66 comments Ha! Refugees! Now I can't get Tom Petty out of my head. "No baby, you don't have to live like a refugee..." :D

Kim and Acomes, I was wondering who you were. Kim, I've seen your very nice recipe reviews on the BB. I can understand why you wouldn't want to continue if there's not much back and forth about the recipes.
Unfortunately I'm doing almost no cooking lately, and when I do it's almost always old faves. I'm still trying to stay active on the Other Stuff board.

message 25: by Alysha (new)

Alysha | 8 comments I'm lindrusso on the CLBB and I still participate. :)

Don't stop posting those review Kim - who will I stalk on the CLBB? ;)

I'm terrible about updating things over here and I tend to take a long time to get through a book (even if I try, I always nod off when I read! :o :o ), but I try..........

message 26: by Susan (new)

Susan | 5 comments Hi all,
This is SueK from the CLBB. Charisse was over tonight and I was telling her how I miss the monthly book threads on the bb. She told me to check out Goodreads and this group, so I have.

Jeanette (Ms. Feisty) | 66 comments Hi Sue!
We're still doing the monthly book threads on CL, but we're having fun here, too. Welcome to the Refugees. ;-)

message 28: by Susan (new)

Susan | 5 comments Generic wrote: "Hi Sue!
We're still doing the monthly book threads on CL, but we're having fun here, too. Welcome to the Refugees. ;-)"

Thanks! :) I was telling Charisse that I used that monthly thread, along with emails from my local library and my subscription to Bookmarks magazine for good tips on books and that's when she mentioned this group. It'll be great to have this as yet another source!

Jeanette (Ms. Feisty) | 66 comments Bookmarks Magazine is also here on good reads. If you look at my profile on the right side just below my friends, it says "people Generic is following". Bookmarks Mag is the first icon. From their profile, you can click "follow reviews". Then whenever you look up a book you're interested in, their review of it will be at the top, easy to find. :)

message 30: by Kim (new)

Kim De | 22 comments Alysha wrote: "I'm lindrusso on the CLBB and I still participate. :)

Don't stop posting those review Kim - who will I stalk on the CLBB? ;)

"

Its a deal - I will post even if only for you. I have always wanted my own stalker... :)

message 31: by Linda (new)

Linda Olson | 4 comments kayaksoup on the CLBB. I still post to the the BB if by post you mean wish people happy birthday and occasionally drop in on a thread that catches my eye....

message 32: by Kim (new)

Kim De | 22 comments Acomes wrote: "I'm sure I have people scratching their heads! I am beacooker from CLBB. Unfortunately I'll probably be as much a lurker here as I am there, but since I get so many of my book recommendations from ..."

I am glad to see you here! I miss your CLBB posts!!

message 33: by Acomes (new)

Acomes | 8 comments
Wow - thanks, Kim! :)

message 34: by Kim (new)

Kim De | 22 comments You are quite welcome :)

message 35: by Holly (new)

Holly | 4 comments I'm NancyR on the CLBB. I think that is a great board but I come and go as I have time available. Thanks to all for directing me here.

message 36: by Kristine (new)

Welcome Holly!

message 37: by Nat (last edited Aug 19, 2009 04:42AM) (new)

Nat | 12 comments Seconding the welcome, Holly!

- Nat (Natasha on CLBB)

message 38: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (mcgeiger) | 2 comments mcgeiger :)

message 39: by Holly (new)

Holly | 4 comments Kristine wrote: "Welcome Holly!"

Thanks, everybody. I hope I won't say anything TOO stupid.

message 40: by Lisa Smith (new)

Lisa Smith (lisasmith) | 10 comments I'm Lisas3575 (aka LisaNumbers) on the CLBB. Count me in the MIA group.

message 41: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 13 comments Just joined goodreads- I'm gertdog on the CLBB. Mostly post on the new mom and preschooler threads these days. Nice to see a CL group here, whether active or refugee! :)

message 42: by Julie (new)

Julie Hi Stephanie- so great to see you again! And a belated welcome to Holly and Kelly!

--Julie (aka Kvalley)

message 43: by Kristine (new)

Welcome Stephanie!

message 44: by Charisse (new)

Charisse | 29 comments omg you guys!!! 7 years ago?!!! i got a new Kindle Fire and I've been exploring! I found this very old thread! it must have been when we all migrated to FB and joined Goodreads! Wow!!

message 45: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashleycovelli) | 4 comments Ha! Yeah I joined this late and didn't put my old CLBB name in, but it was SheRa ✨

message 46: by Badams (new)

Badams | 2 comments Better late than never!
My name was Catbatty. (Still is.)

http://greatfood.freeforums.net/

After CLBB closed, some of us migrated to a new place to hang out: Great Food Forum. Please come. We are always moaning about how we miss our old CLBB friends (+ of course, we are thrilled to meet new friends, too)! Everyone is welcome. :)

message 47: by Katie (new)

Katie Nunes | 1 comments Wow! Never clicked the Groups button until today and saw this CLBB thread! Ha! I was Cookinkt on CLBB.
LOVE Goodreads! Anyone still looking at this thread?

message 48: by Shana (new)

Shana Norris (shana_norris) Katie, I don't remember my user name but I really miss the CLBB!

message 49: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashleycovelli) | 4 comments I thought I chimed in on this thread years ago but it looks like I didn’t. I was SheRa over on the CLBB. I love that so many of us still keep up over on FB!

message 50: by Holly (last edited Aug 30, 2021 06:18AM) (new)

Holly | 4 comments Ditto what everyone has said. i dont remember my CLBB name but do miss it. It was a great group.

« previous 1