Every one's Choice discussion

Books > Loving Frank

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Donna, The Pusher (new)

Donna (dfiggz) | 3116 comments Mod
So far I am loving this book!!! Thanks for the recomendation! I am hoping this becomes one of my faves!! I am only on page 120 but.... I hope everyone is enjoying it as much as I am. If you are or if you DON'T like it please post your comments here but please NO SPOILERS yu can create another folder for discussion for that if you would like.

HAPPY READING!!!

message 2: by Donna, The Pusher (new)

So I am checking out other threads and a lot of people seem to agree about this book. I can't wait to finish it because I heard a little something about the ending that is just making me itch!!!

After this I am going to read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo simply because of Emilee and also because I requested this book as well as the other book club, The Curious Incident...

Please come and join the threads guys. I know I haven't been here in a while but I am here now and plan on hanging around for a bit!!!

message 3: by Colleen (last edited Jun 23, 2009 04:01AM) (new)

Colleen (nightoleander) | 676 comments I just finished it a few days ago and I must say that even though MBC and FLW started to aggrivate me, I had spent many a night exhausted but refusing to put the book down! I stopped mid way and read the extra's in the back (afterword/ sources/ acknowledgements/ readers guide) authors re-counting of how she got into wanting to bring MB's story to life.

This book is really getting me deeper into my book interest of historical fiction and biography's.

Eager to discuss the book with anyone!

message 4: by Donna, The Pusher (new)

I did very much ienjoy this book but I still will not give it 5 stars. I didn't LOVE it but I def VERY much ENJOYED it! So 4 stars!

The ending was very sad and unexpected but I was wondering how it was going to come to an end. I had so many different ideas in my head but that one was def not one of them. I hope everyone else got a chance to read it

message 5: by Colleen (new)

Colleen (nightoleander) | 676 comments True story too, that's actually how Mahmah and her children along with some of the workers did die like that. Makes it even more shocking and sad that the author didn't just think the ending up.

message 6: by Donna, The Pusher (new)

I figured it was true I just didn't like it still

message 7: by Colleen (new)

Colleen (nightoleander) | 676 comments Is there anything more heartbreaking than giving someone a chnace then have them turn on you? Or a mother giving her life in an attempt to protect her children... I had a hard time coming to grips with the fact that the ending actually happened to people.

message 8: by Donna, The Pusher (new)

In the beginning I really didn't care for mamah because she chose love over her children. I mean I still don't agree with her but I guess she was trying to make up for it later in life. I still don't believe the love between them two either. I never really felt that they were try in love.

But the ending is truly horrible & def unbelievable!

message 9: by Colleen (new)

Colleen (nightoleander) | 676 comments I know I couldn't stand that she left everything for Frank then mourned and whined and cried that her children and husband were upset and unaccepting of her decision. Also I didn't know Frank was such a cocky and eccentric man.