Christian Historical Fiction discussion

"Love finds you in" series

Comments Showing 1-50 of 96 (96 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Chind (cherryblossommj) | 395 comments Mod
Miralee is an awesome person. I have not read any of these yet, but I have seen them. Are they long enough to really enjoy or are they shorter reads?

message 2: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 313 comments I've got three of them. The california one and the kentucky one and the Texas one. I haven't started them yet. I went straight for the historical ones first! And, yes they are stand alone titles from what i've gathered.

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 313 comments No prob Kate! Let me know how the Hawk and Jewel goes.

Thanks Joy. I think I may start the texas one this weekend...fitting since that's where I live! :D

message 4: by Tricia (new)

Tricia Goyer (triciagoyer) | 4 comments Yeah! I'm glad to hear the good things about this series. I bough Humble Texas and Last Chance California, but I haven't read them yet.

Also, I'm writing one of these books with my friend. You can see the cover here: http://www.triciagoyer.com/comingsoon...

It will be out in December! Until then maybe I should read some of the other books :)

Tricia

message 5: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 313 comments Tricia wrote: "Yeah! I'm glad to hear the good things about this series. I bough Humble Texas and Last Chance California, but I haven't read them yet.

Also, I'm writing one of these books with my friend. You c..."

That one looks like one I would read.

OOOOOOOOo I looked at your other books. You look like an author I would read. I love WWII books! I got hooked on them with Brock and Bodie Thoene. I'll have to check yours out. The Swisx Courier looks really good. Too bad it's not out yet.

message 6: by Tricia (new)

Tricia Goyer (triciagoyer) | 4 comments I *love* WWII, too. I read a lot of Biographies in my spare time. I got a really cool biography of Bob Hope this week, about the USO performers overseas!

It looks like I'll be writing another Love Finds You in ... book. Set in WWII. Except it's not final yet! You're hearing about it first!

Yesterday I noticed some other Love Finds You In books in Wal-mart. Maiden, was one of them. Have any of you read those?

Tricia

message 7: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 313 comments Yeah, i was in walmart yesterday and the Christian bookstore. The Christian bookstore had the Maiden one. I am getting it soon. I grabbed the books that had author's i've read and I knew I liked first before getting the others. I just starting on The Humble,Texas one. Next on my list is Kentucky Corners and Last Chance California. I want the Pennsylvania one since I love Loree Lough and the Valentine Nebraska one.

message 8: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 313 comments So I finished Humble, Texas and loved it! The two sisters in the story have a great relationship despite the problem of both being in love with the same man. Last Chance, California is up next!

message 9: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 313 comments I agree. It was a pleasant diversion. One I badly needed. :D

message 10: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 313 comments So I finished the Last Chance California! Hahaha...I'm on the Liberty, Indiana one now. :D I'm addicted to them...this is bad for my bank account.

message 11: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 313 comments Anyone read the Florida one yet? I got it the other day...Liberty, Indiana is my fav so far!

message 12: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 313 comments I know the feeling! Got to save money!

message 13: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 313 comments I haven't read Snowball, arkansas or Miracle, Kentucky....I'll have to check them out later.

message 14: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 313 comments Still have to read the Florida one, but I got the Poetry, Texas one the other day. :D Needed a historical fiction one to balance out the contemporary.

message 15: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 313 comments Hehehe..i got the prairie romance collection too!

message 16: by Jennifer (last edited Jul 24, 2009 01:26PM) (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 313 comments Liberty, Indiana was really good. Don't know about Maiden, North Carolina. Haven't read that one yet.

message 17: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 313 comments You may like the one i just bought. Love Finds You in Paradise, Pennsylvania. It's got an Amish storyline to it.

message 18: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 313 comments I'm just starting the Poetry, Texas one. Bought it the other day

message 19: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 313 comments Kate wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "I'm just starting the Poetry, Texas one. Bought it the other day"

Let me know if you like it, lol, and of course if you think it would be right for your uber picky friend ;) Seri..."

Hehehe...good thing i'm a patient person. :D I don't mind helping you.

message 20: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 313 comments Joy wrote: "Joy wrote: Hmmm...now the question is which one to read next? Maybe Liberty, Indiana or Maiden, North Carolina?
Hmmm..."

Haha...I just ordered 2 Love Finds You historicals and neither one was ..."

Hahaha...nice! I haven't heard about the second book. You'll have to let me know if it's good

message 21: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 313 comments well I'm just starting Poetry, Texas so you should read Revenge,OH!

message 22: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 313 comments Glad I could help!

message 23: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 313 comments Finished the Poetry, Texas one. Kate, it is one you would enjoy. Very light and upbeat. :D i'm in the middle of Love Finds You in Paradise, Pennsylvania Interesting

message 24: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 313 comments haha...yeah, you will enjoy it. Glad I could help

message 25: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen L. Maher | 35 comments Kate wrote: and if you ever find some to recommend to me, don't hesitate

Hi, Kathleen here. I'm a newbie who just found you gals. I have just finished reading Love finds You in Bethlehem, New Hampshire by Lauralee Bliss. Its not officially out in stores until October, but I read it as an influencer. It really touched my heart, and I'm not particularly mushy. Its about an orphan in New York city who answers an ad for a mail-order bride form an artist in the White Mountains. He's accustomed to high society ladies, and she's expecting a compassionate Christian gentleman who looks on the inward rather the outward appearance. I give it five stars.
Hope that helps your search.
; )

message 26: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 313 comments Kathleen wrote: "Kate wrote: and if you ever find some to recommend to me, don't hesitate

Hi, Kathleen here. I'm a newbie who just found you gals. I have just finished reading Love finds You in Bethlehem, New Hamp..."

That's one I really want to read! Glad to know you liked it.

message 27: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen L. Maher | 35 comments hi, Joy and Jennifer. Thanks for the warm welcome.
I did enjoy Bethlehem very much. The heroine stole my heart. Ms. Bliss had me crying by page 33 or so. . . not easy to get me to do! I'm a sucker for mail order brides.
: )
You'll have to chew your nails until October when it comes out, I guess. hehee

message 28: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen L. Maher | 35 comments hi, Kate. thanks for your kind welcome.
; )

Yes, it is a wonderful Christmas romance. I could just smell the pine and hear the snow crunch as I read. You just want to root for this couple's Christmas wishes to come true.

message 29: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 313 comments Guess i'll need a box of tissues. I cried in Paradise, Pennsylvania while i was reading it yesterday. (and i was in the student center on campus at my university! lol!) Totally throws you for a loop at the end. Still have about fifty more pages to see the outcome of that one.

message 30: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen L. Maher | 35 comments wow! I'll have to check out Paradise, and bring a hanky.
; )

message 31: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 313 comments It's good and you will definitley need the hanky. I finished it this afternoon before my class started.

message 32: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 313 comments sounds like it would have to be suspense with a name like Revenge, ohio. I finished Treasure Island, Florida. i liked it ok, but not as much as the other books i've read in the series. Took me a while to get into it.

message 33: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 313 comments It's a happy go lucky one. Very cute and loved the play on words with all the poetry terms,etc....

message 34: by Janice (last edited Oct 13, 2009 09:33PM) (new)

Janice Thompson (booksbyjanice) | 4 comments Hi everyone! I just stumbled on to your conversation about the Love Finds You book. I'm Janice (Hanna) Thompson and I wrote the Poetry book. I wanted to answer an earlier question by saying that all of the books are stand-alone. One has nothing to do with the other. The goal is just to write great romances set in towns with unusual names. Most of the town names have dual-meanings. For example, there was a bit of "poetic justice" in my story (in a fun/funny way, I hope). My next Love Finds You book is set in the town of Groom Texas. After that comes Love Finds you in Camelot, Tennessee. I'm SO excited. People really seem to be responding well to these books. Oh, and guess what?! About three weeks ago I was at a conference in Denver with 500 Christian authors. The Summerside authors had a get-together, so I got to spend the evening with most of the authors who write for the line. What fun!

message 35: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 313 comments That's really cool! Thanks for letting know all of this. Your book was one of my favs so far. :D

message 36: by Janice (new)

Janice Thompson (booksbyjanice) | 4 comments Jennifer, thanks! I just corrected the typo in my earlier post. I meant to say, "I wanted to answer an earlier question by saying that all of the books are stand-alone."

These books are really taking the Christian market by storm. I think it has a lot to do with the covers, which are amazing. And there's something about the towns/titles that really seems to jive with readers. Glad you're all enjoying them!

message 37: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen L. Maher | 35 comments Welcome, Janice! I have not read Poetry, Texas, yet, but I did read Spring Creek Bride. Very nice. ; )
And speaking of lovely cover art, I LOVED the cover to that!

message 38: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 313 comments Yep, I love your books Janice, but I think you're right about the titles and the covers. I love the towns they pick that have interesting names. The cover does draw people in.

message 39: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen L. Maher | 35 comments I really liked the Bethlehem story. Interesting heroine and hero. I know you'll like it, Kate.
; )

message 40: by Linore (new)

Linore (linrose) | 10 comments I'm really looking forward to starting, The Prisoner of Versailles, by Golden Keyes Parsons. I've only heard great things about this book. I love the historical setting of pre-revolutionary France, so the book will be such fun.

message 41: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 313 comments I want to read the Bethlehem story too. I love that author! And, i want to read Maiden, North Carolina.

message 42: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 313 comments It's already out.

message 43: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 41 comments I read "Love Finds You In Liberty, Indiana" not too long ago, and I absolutely loved it. It really gave you an idea what being a stationmaster on the Underground Railroad would have been like, and the many risks they took.

message 44: by Patsy (new)

Patsy | 6 comments Kate wrote: "Thanks for letting me know Jennifer :)

I tried Love Finds You in Last Chance, California and it was just a bit too "Western" for me. I love Pioneer stories, and have read many stories set in th..."

Oh Kate, I loved Lori Wick's The Hawk and The Jewel. Great Book. I love all of Lori Wick's writting. You know I love the Amish Books the best and Wanda Brunstetter is my favorite amish author.

message 45: by Janice (new)

Janice Thompson (booksbyjanice) | 4 comments You gals are a hoot. I love reading your comments about the LFY books. Did you know that Summerside is coming out with two new lines? They're doing a romantic suspense line and a new line based on song titles from the 40s, 50s, 60s & 70s. I'm just wrapping up a 1957 novel for that line titled "Love Me Tender." (Gotta love Elvis!) The line is called, "When I Fall in Love." Look for these books in a few months! Thanks again for your sweet comment about Poetry. I saw that book in Barnes & Noble tonight. :)

message 46: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 313 comments Janice wrote: "You gals are a hoot. I love reading your comments about the LFY books. Did you know that Summerside is coming out with two new lines? They're doing a romantic suspense line and a new line based on ..."

Really? I would so want to read the song titles one!! How fun!

message 47: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 313 comments Barbara wrote: "I read "Love Finds You In Liberty, Indiana" not too long ago, and I absolutely loved it. It really gave you an idea what being a stationmaster on the Underground Railroad would have been like, and ..."

That was one of my favorites! I got the Snowball, Arkansas one and Maiden, North Carolina for five dollars each! They had a sell at lifeway.

message 48: by Renee (new)

Renee (steelergirl83) | 13 comments WHAT???!!! I'm SUPER excited about the books based on classic songs!!!!! That is soooo awesome! Can't wait for Love Me Tender, Janice!!! :-D

message 49: by Janice (new)

Janice Thompson (booksbyjanice) | 4 comments I know! I'm excited, too! Can you imagine the books from the 40s? And the 60s, too. That would be a fun era to write about. I'm SO glad I got the 50s, though. I'm finishing up my book this weekend. Writing about how sweet/simple life was back then is making me a little reminiscent.

message 50: by Renee (new)

Renee (steelergirl83) | 13 comments Makes me wish I could still fit in my poodle skirt from when I was in my schools play, Bye Bye Birdie!

« previous 1