R/Booksuggestions discussion

Reading Challenges > November Reading Challenge: Thanksgiving

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (govmarley) | 46 comments Mod
For November, we are posting 2 different reading challenges: a theme challenge and a "spell it out" challenge.

For the theme challenge, we are reading books set in America before 1900 (fiction or non-fiction).

For the "spell it out" challenge, you will read books that help you spell out the word in your challenge. Using the first letter in the book's title or the first letter of an author's first or last name, spell out the Thanksgiving-related word. Post your word and then the books you read as you "spell it out".

Share your book finds with the group and post a link to the title. Happy reading!

message 2: by Michelle (new)

Some ideas for the "Spell it Out" (obviously you can choose any word you would like):
3 books: EAT
4 books: FOOD
5 books: THANK
6 books: TURKEY
7 books: AMERICA
8 books: NOVEMBER
9 books: CELEBRATE
10 books: PUMPKIN PIE
11 books: CORNUCOPIA
12 books: THANKSGIVING

message 3: by Michelle (new)

You can find more Thanksgiving-related words here.

message 4: by Michelle (new)

I think I will do a combination of the two challenges. I have started a list of books about America prior to 1900 that will get me looking at new authors--a lot of non-fiction that I have been wanting to read but haven't gotten around to it.

I'm hoping to have my challenge completed by Thanksgiving, because I will be non-stop at work from Black Friday through the end of the year.

message 5: by Michelle (new)

Ok, challenge started for me! I'm going for a 6 letter word, tying in as many "America" books as I can.