Street Lit Corner discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
2009 Reads > What is your current read?(CLOSED)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 378 (378 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

message 1: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (JazzyO) | 114 comments Mod
Hi!! I am currently reading Dutch II. I am super late on this, and it has been sitting in my shelf for quite sometime. So I've decided to finally read it. If you have read this book, let me know your thoughts!

message 2: by Sy (new)

Sy (aViSuAlSiNsAtIoN) | 27 comments I just finished Ms Etta's Fast House. I was none too impressed by it. Very difficult to get into the story and just a complete waste of time. However, before that I read Hell Has No Fury which I enjoyed very much so. I didn't know what to expect but it was def worth the read.

message 3: by Natalie (new)

Thank you for sharing. I have added your C.R to our bookshelf. Please feel free to add a comment!! Thanks again!

message 4: by Richelle (new)

Richelle Robinson (Sseashell1243) | 99 comments Mod
Hello!! Im reading Return of a Gangsta Girl by Chunichi. So far so good! Thanks for coming up with this group Nat!!!

message 5: by Natalie (last edited Feb 11, 2008 12:39PM) (new)

I am on page 80 in Dutch II, and it is a SLOW SLOW read for me. I just cannot get into it, I read 2-3 pages at a time all weekend! BLAH! I'll let you know if it gets better

message 6: by Richelle (new)

Thats how Forever a Hustlers Wife was for me. I couldn't get into the book at all! The first one had me hooked!!

message 7: by Natalie (new)

I haven't read either, but I will one day. That stinks man!! LOL

message 8: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 7 comments I agree. I have yet to finish Forever a Hustlers Wife. Like you I enjoyed the first book, so i figured this one would be just as good, if not better

message 9: by Richelle (new)

I started reading The Glamorous Life by Nikki Turner. I'll keep everyone posted.

message 10: by Erica (new)

Erica | 1 comments I am waiting on my book to be delivered today hopefully....it is "A Taste of Honey" by Darren Coleman. This will be my 4th book by him and I just love his writing style.

message 11: by Richelle (new)

Update the book has turned out to be pretty good. I started it last night and Im almost done!

message 12: by Richelle (new)

Keep me posted!!

message 13: by Roneece (new)

Roneece (readalot) | 2 comments I'm reading I.C.Y. The life and times of Will Little...its about a guy growing up in Philly and all the grimey stuff he was into before he got locked and changed his life around...so far so good...this book can probably help our youth thats running wild n da streets,

message 14: by Richelle (new)

Im going to add that book to my list. Keep me posted Roneece!

message 15: by Natalie (new)

I just finished Dutch II, check out my review!

message 16: by Richelle (new)

Im reading Its like Candy by Erick Gray. The first few chapters WOW!! Star's mother she's a mess!!!

message 17: by Natalie (new)

I'm reading the Take Down by Mark Anthony. I'm almost done, I'll let ya'll know when my review in done. so far it's good, but I need more ACTION!

message 18: by Richelle (new)

I just wrote a review about It's Like Candy. If you want check it out!

message 19: by Richelle (new)

Im reading Desperate Hoodwives.

message 20: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (LatashaD) | 55 comments I just started Hoodrat

message 21: by Richelle (new)

Im reading Street Chronicles Christmas In The Hood

message 22: by Natalie (new)

Dang girl you're a speed reader. I finished The Take Down this weekend, and now I just need to write my review. I was going to start Amongst Thieves but I put that down and now I'm reading, She Ain't the One by Carl Webber & Mary B.

message 23: by Natalie (new)

She Ain't the One by Carl Webber & Mary B. Morrison

message 24: by Richelle (new)

Yeah It takes me about an hr to get to work. So I read on the bus going to work and coming home. I also read on my lunch break. Im a nerd LOL!

message 25: by Richelle (new)

Im about to start Thug a Licious by Noire on Monday my brain needs a break from all the readng!

message 26: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (LatashaD) | 55 comments Hey,Natalie try out his book play haters you'll love it.

message 27: by Jeanni (new)

Jeanni | 17 comments HI EVERYONE, I'M READING " PLAYING FOR KEEPS" BY GREGORY GARRET IT SI PART 2 TO " DON'T MIX THE BITTER WITH THE SWEET" IT WAS PRETTY GOOD A "4" I'LL LET U KNOW HOW IT IS.

message 28: by Richelle (new)

I just started Dutch.

message 29: by Richelle (new)

I'm reading True To The Game.

message 30: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (LatashaD) | 55 comments Well,I'm finishing up hoodrat give me about another wk and I'm be done then next up White Lines by Tracy Brown this time I promise not to take so many breaks.LOL

message 31: by Natalie (new)

Who is player haters by? is that carl webber?
I just finished She Ain't the one, and I read it having ZERO knowledge that the two main characters were from a series of books by both, Carl Webber and Mary B. Morrison!!! LOL

message 32: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (LatashaD) | 55 comments Yes,Player hates is by carl webber Tent is the main character

message 33: by Kellee (new)

Kellee (dark_angel) Right now I'm reading "Something On the Side" by Carl Weber. It's ok so far, but it has too many different characters for me. I thought it would take me awhile to get through it because it starts off slow, but I'm getting there.

message 34: by Sy (new)

Sy (aViSuAlSiNsAtIoN) | 27 comments Richelle, how was Desperate Hoodwives. I just got it and wanted to see if it would be worth the read. If so I will move it to the top of the list. Also finally got True to the Game after Natalie's rave. Players Got Played, Dead Broke, The Madam, Little Ghetto Girl, and Something on the Side are in my too read stack. So in the next few weeks I will keep you posted as to how they were.

message 35: by Richelle (new)

Hi, SY That book was a GOOD read. The follow up comes out in July I can't wait!!!! It teaches you a bunch of life lessons etc. Please do push it up to the top of your list!

message 36: by Latasha (last edited Mar 18, 2008 09:20AM) (new)

Latasha (LatashaD) | 55 comments Hey,title trow me off a bit but,hoodrat turned to be a beautiful love story I guess love is ment for everyone even strongest of women aka Hoodrats THIS WILL NOT BE MY LAST BOOK BY K'WAN!

message 37: by Sy (new)

Sy (aViSuAlSiNsAtIoN) | 27 comments I just finished Desperate Hoodwives. That book was GOOD AS HELL. Man drama at every corner. Can't wait for the sequel in July 2008 to drop. Thanks for the advise on moving it up, Richelle.
My next book will be Dead Broke.

message 38: by Kellee (new)

Kellee (dark_angel) Tasha, let me know how that book is because I haven't read it...haven't even heard of it. I don't even remember what Hoodrat was about, but I know I read it.

message 39: by Kellee (new)

Kellee (dark_angel) Still reading "Something on the Side" by Carl Weber. It's finally getting to the point where I don't want to put it down and have to finish a chapter to see what happens next. I'll be done by the end of this week.

message 40: by Richelle (new)

I'm almost done with True To The Game 2. I'm glad you enjoyed Desperate Hoodwives Sy!!

message 41: by Richelle (new)

Sy, Shameless Hoodwives drops in August. I just double checked! Sorry

message 42: by Kellee (new)

Kellee (dark_angel) I am now reading Sugar Walls. We'll see how it turns out.

message 43: by Natalie (new)

Im going to try and read , Amongst Thieves by Quentin Carter!

message 44: by Natalie (new)

Okay I just finished Amongst Theives, and it was pretty good. I rated it 4 stars and posted my review on the book. Let me know if anyone reads it.

Another one to check out is SHYT LIST! GOOD one!!!

message 45: by Kellee (new)

Kellee (dark_angel) My current read right now is Sugar Walls and although there are a few errors throughout the book (which is my biggest pet peeve when it comes to books), I am halfway done with the book after only starting it a couple of days ago and it is a good book. I will be done with it soon.

message 46: by Sy (new)

Sy (aViSuAlSiNsAtIoN) | 27 comments Well I just finished True to the Game. It was good for the most part. At times I was like man this is way over the top but I still very much enjoyed the drama that unfolded. I am about to start The Madam by Jacki Simmons. I'll let you know once I am done how it was.

message 47: by Natalie (new)

Starting to read Love like Hallelujah by Lutishia Lovely.

message 48: by Sy (new)

Sy (aViSuAlSiNsAtIoN) | 27 comments Okay just finished The Madam. This book was a waste of 212 pages and my precious time. It was so predictable I was just irritated. Half way through I couldn't wait for it to be over. And I can't stand for books to have typing errors. My goodness that drives me mad.

message 49: by Sy (new)

Sy (aViSuAlSiNsAtIoN) | 27 comments Loved Loved Loved. Little Ghetto Girl by Danielle Santiago. It was GHETTO FABULOUS! Just the way I like them. I absolutely enjoyed every bit of this book.

message 50: by Kellee (new)

Kellee (dark_angel) Dammit Sy. I hate books to have typing errors too. The book I'm reading right now has them, but the book is good enough for me to ignore them. Unfortunately I just received "The Madam" today in the mail, so I have to read it cuz I hate wasting money on books.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.