Eragon (The Inheritance Cycle, #1) Eragon discussion

Eragon Characters

Comments Showing 1-50 of 66 (66 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Emma Who do you think is the awesomest character in the Inheritance cycle?

Tiffany I think the awsomest character in Eragon (because I haven't read the whole Inheritance cycle) is between Eragon and Saphira. I think this because for one thing Eragon can use some magic but if he uses to much that can lill him. On the other hand Saphira can't use that much magic either. Also, Saphira is stronger and wiser than Eragon. She can carry Eragon on her back. Now, if Eragon tryed to carry himself, how do you think that would turn out? I mean, he couldn't even hold a sword in the beginning of the book. On the other hand< Saphira's attitude in the book makes her get in dnger that she shouldn't be in. That could kill her. So, considering all of this, I think Eragon and Saphira are tied.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Mmmmmmm I agree.

Janeen-san Hmmmmm I don't know who my favorite character is, but I can think of two that I hate.
I HATE RORAN AND NASUADA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This may sound crazy to you guys...but I hope they both die! I despise them!!!!! DEEPLY!

Janeen-san ...on the other hand I like the dragon Saphira =)

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I liked Murtagh's character, and Brom. I don't remember in which book it was, but I couldn't stand Eragon because he seemed so whiny and immature.

Natalie loves Orlando Bloom! ya i know.im with u about eragon being whinny

Hannah Now that i think about it, Eragon was kind of whiny, especially in the first book. My favorite character is definitely Murtagh. The best characters are always the most troubled ones.

MizziQ Murtagh or Roran.

Kataury Anybody except Arya, she is the one character that is just a nuisance that doesn't help in any way for Eragon, she really doesn't do anything overly useful in the novels and is just a plain obstacle for Eragon. I agree with Murtagh being the best though, major characterization there.

Tarah Murtagh all the way Eragon kinda gets on my nerves sometimes.

Kendall Anne Yes I like Murtagh better than Eragon...he was so interesting!

Winter Rose Phantom I ♥ Murtagh

message 14: by Kirk (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kirk Janeen-san *Dewy is sooo cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wrote: "Hmmmmm I don't know who my favorite character is, but I can think of two that I hate.
I HATE RORAN AND NASUADA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This may sound crazy to you guys...but I hope they both die! I despise t..."

DEFIANCE OF STRONGHAMMER WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. PREPARE FOR BATTLE.

message 15: by Kirk (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kirk I hope the green dragon is cool. Maybe him. NEW BOOK COMING OUT IN NOVEMBER! *PWN* But otherwise Brom or Roran.

Sara-Beth 10 bucks says Arya will be the next dragon Rider.

Kataury Not likely, so far Murtagh and Eragon, both of the same bloodline, have hatched the eggs. I'm going to guess Eragon's cousin.

Kendall Anne NNOOO!!!!! UUUUGGGH!! I do not want RORAN to be the dragonrider!!! NO NO PLEASE NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Winter Rose Phantom Green is the elve's color. It's gonna be arya

Hannah I really, really, don't want Arya, Roran, Nasuada, or any other character already in the stories to be the next dragon rider. Maybe Nolfavrell though...
I really hope it's some new character that Paolini introduces for the first time

Sara-Beth I said arya beacuse it would strenghthen eragon and arya's relationship. And romance is the way books usualy go. Plus roran is paraised as the best "human" fighter. He doesnt use magic and all that. Being a rider would competely ruin his reputation.

MizziQ I totally agree that becoming a rider would completely ruin Roran's reputation as a strong human unaided by magic. I would be so sad if that happened. And there would be a cousin rivalry, which would be hard to get around.

Kataury I'd be up for a new character. Someone who'd really pick the pace of the story up.

Kendall Anne Anime_Mermaid_Luchia wrote: "Green is the elve's color. It's gonna be arya"

could be...its very likely.

Winter Rose Phantom ^^ I have a lot of roleplays with elves. and all the one's that I've seen have been green so yep. I'm sticking with my decision about Arya.

message 26: by Kirk (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kirk Roran would be an awesome dragon rider, but that's not what's gonna happen. Either Arya or a new rider.

message 27: by Kirk (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kirk Or a pineapple. That would be the best, but you know, some people just don't get it.

Kataury I kind of really don't want Arya to be the rider... I just don't like her... her character is quite stale... like old toast...

message 29: by Kirk (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kirk But not like a pineapple. Pineapples are nice and fresh. And awesome. XD

Kaitlin pineapple really........... its awesomely random

message 31: by Kirk (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kirk Yep. Notice my picture and name. XD

message 32: by Kirk (last edited Apr 13, 2011 05:32PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kirk Tiffany wrote: "I think the awsomest character in Eragon (because I haven't read the whole Inheritance cycle) is between Eragon and Saphira. I think this because for one thing Eragon can use some magic but if he u..."

Uuuuhh.....no. Really? "Saphira is stronger and wiser than Eragon. She can carry Eragon on her back". That seems a bit ilogical. Being able to carry someone on your back, in my opinion should not be an awesomeness factor. (No offense)

Kataury Saphira's a dragon, I don't think you can compare a dragon to a human turned elf by odd circumstances (in all honesty I think I like characters better when they're human). It's like comparing apples to fish.

message 34: by Mary (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mary I'm doubting that it will be Roran, I think it will be more likely to be Arya. I mean, how can Roran live 'happily ever after' with Katrina (if/when she is saved) if he's a dragon rider? It's almost like saying pineapple is purple. Eva is totally going to be evil, though.

message 35: by Kirk (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kirk Mary wrote: "I'm doubting that it will be Roran, I think it will be more likely to be Arya. I mean, how can Roran live 'happily ever after' with Katrina (if/when she is saved) if he's a dragon rider? It's almos..."

Agreed. (Although purple pineapples taste fine. You shouldn't make fun of pineapples w/"special needs". JK ;D)

message 36: by Kirk (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kirk Kataury wrote: "Saphira's a dragon, I don't think you can compare a dragon to a human turned elf by odd circumstances (in all honesty I think I like characters better when they're human). It's like comparing apple..."

Or pineapples to fruit. Completely different categories. That wasn't sarcasm, in case you were wondering.

Kataury Agreed, everybody knows that a pineapple cannot be classified as a fruit since it doesn't even look like your average apple or orange

message 38: by Kirk (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kirk Trinity wrote: "Okay, the best characters are the dragons because they are dragons. They can fly, breath fire, live for hundreds of years, are wise, beautful, magestic, rare, strong, have awesome names, and so muc..."

OK I need a clarification on "Saphira II".

message 39: by Kirk (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kirk Kataury wrote: "Agreed, everybody knows that a pineapple cannot be classified as a fruit since it doesn't even look like your average apple or orange"

Yes. And the magical powers, of course.

Kataury Trinity wrote: "Okay, the best characters are the dragons because they are dragons. They can fly, breath fire, live for hundreds of years, are wise, beautful, magestic, rare, strong, have awesome names, and so muc..."

I'd have to disagree, humans have so much character depth it makes any story actually worth reading. A dwarf is usually all action and no internal conflict, elves are supposed to be the annoyingly perfect race that never have any problems or issues. But humans... they make a story an adventure with each mistake they make. Dragons are just... dragons, they fly and bite etc. but that's pretty much the majority of their involvement in the story. A human character brings a real tale of adventure.

Aeyla I honestly don't know. His characters are just so well-developed, you can't choose just one favorite. If I had to choose one, it would be between Eragon (because he's the main character, therefore the easiest to understand and is the most developed. Plus all the action happens to or involving him) or Brom (because Eragon would be nothing without him. He trains him and forces him push forward, much like many of my instructors, whether in school or somewhere else, have done for me. Therefore, I can personally appreciate what he does. There are more reasons, but I don't want to give away any spoilers.)

Willow my favorite has to be Brom hes just got this thing about him that makes him the most awesome character in the books

and i also want to know more about Murtagh's dragon because i think we need to know more

Aeyla Murtagh creeped me out from the very beginning. I haven't read the book in a few years, so thinking of my favorite character is sort of hard. I guess another reason I choose either Eragon or Brom is because those are the two characters I remember most. One thing I remember about Eragon is that he can't take no for an answer. I mean, Arya explained to him why they can't be together, but he just keeps asking. It's a little annoying. But I bet they still end up together in the end.

Serena Saphira's my fave character. As for the next rider, most likely Arya.

message 45: by Kaylee~ (new)

Kaylee~ she's awesome!!!!

message 46: by Uzli (new) - rated it 4 stars

Uzli Mn I love Shafira...
but, i'm tired to read how Eragon can't get enough energy to produce magic power. Oh, be strong Eragon!!

message 47: by Kaylee~ (new)

Kaylee~ yep....

message 48: by Clay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Clay the best character in eragon is by far harry potter wait no i mean darth vader but seriously i think it is the green dragon in the front of the 4th book

MizziQ haha! I hope so he looks AWESOME!

message 50: by Clay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Clay i changed my mind the best character is murtagh or however u spell his name's red dragon

« previous 1