Terminalcoffee discussion

Helping You To Know The News > The Caucus: Laura Bush Calls Sotomayor a ‘Good Nominee’

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/20...

The former first lady said she would like to see another woman on the court, and talked about the Bush couple's life in repose.

message 2: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Was this before or after Sotomayor messed up her ankle? I don't know...a clumsy judge...

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments The woman fractured her ankle on the way TO the plane, and still made it to her flight and to her meeting in DC. I'd say that speaks for the strength of her character (or at least a high tolerance for pain).

message 4: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments What kind of shoes was she wearing when she wiped out? I demand to know!

message 5: by Heidi (last edited Jun 09, 2009 07:27AM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments You're being MEAN! :P She should kick you in the shin with her other foot, the good one.

message 6: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments How do we know she's not going to trip when walking to the Supreme Court and not mess up our whole judicial system? What if she's in a bad mood and, you know, does something liberal?

message 7: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Hesh.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Heidi wrote: "Hesh."

Is that bear talk?

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Apparently Gingrich is saying that Sotomayor made up the broken ankle to win sympathy.

Meanwhile, this gave me pause: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/10/nyr...

message 10: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments That's incredibly sad.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

That once was one of my biggest fears, to be convicted of a crime I didn't do, and to lose all those years in jail that you will never get back.

message 12: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments It's disconcerting that a legitimate plea like that could be rejected based on a missed deadline.