Chaucer's Bookstore discussion

June Employee Picks.

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chaucersbooks (new)

Chaucersbooks (chaucers_books) | 1 comments Mod
We're still figuring out how best to use GoodReads--any advice would be greatly appreciated!

For now, we're just listing this month's employee picks, but if there's interest we might expand into other areas (suggestions always welcome).

message 2: by Gregory (new)

Gregory Mose I think that's a great start - keep in mind that one thing that attracts people to independent bookstores is that we look for real advice from real people, rather than the infamous B&N "staff picks" paid for by publishers. I think people would respond to discussion questions like whether they ever buy books just because of the cover, or just because they are on the front table, or because of bookstore staff recommendations. Which local author would you like to see doing a signing, perhaps... I think we customers get a kick out of helping you improve what you do, and it benefits everyone. I would also try to get local or sort-of-local authors to be members of the group. That helps them promote, and is interesting to readers. OK that's my 2 cents.