Wine, Women & Words discussion

Thanks, Jane

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (robynlupa) | 2 comments Jane - thanks for hosting another fun book group last night. Your house is beautiful! Also, thanks for setting up the Goodreads group...should be a great way to communicate.

message 2: by Adrianne (new)

Adrianne | 3 comments This is cool! Thanks, Jane. It was fun to see your lovely house last night - thanks for hosting. I'll email about the July meeting soon.

message 3: by Susan (new)

Susan  Dunn (susanp) | 1 comments Jane and Sandee - what were the other books you guys were mentioning last night that you'd read or listened to recently? One about a changeling? I want to add to my "to read" list!

message 4: by Jane (new)

Jane Dugger (jdd_1410) | 5 comments Mod
The one about the changeling children is "Stolen Child" by Keith Donohue; excellent either in book or audio format. What else were we talking about?! Sandee, do you remember?

message 5: by Jane (new)

Jane Dugger (jdd_1410) | 5 comments Mod
Was it "Beneath a Marble Sky" by John Shors? This is the one by the local author set in India during the construction of the Taj Mahal.

Oh - the other one I had just finished listening to was "Shutter Island" by Dennis Lehane.

Dang it! We talked about so many books. We should jot them down while we're together. Hind sight - 20/20.

message 6: by Adrianne (new)

Adrianne | 3 comments Shutter Island is really good!

message 7: by Sandee (new)

Sandee (sandeestarlite) | 1 comments Those are probably it - I mentioned I'm reading "a year without Made in China", which is pretty good but I don't know I'd recommend it. She talks too much about how it's affecting her kids.