The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > Newbie from CT, living in Boston

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by abbey sophia (new)

abbey sophia (abbeysophia) | 0 comments Hey all!

I'm Abbey & I'm very excited to be here! I actually joined goodreads and TNBBC a while ago, but got so caught up with classes and things that I could barely find time to read anything other than schoolbooks. Now that it's summer I've got plenty of time on my hands and I'm looking forward to my very first challenge :)

message 2: by El (new)

El Hi Abbey Sophia! Welcome to the group and to the challenge! I'm sure you're going to enjoy both.

message 3: by Diane (new)

Diane  (dianedj) Hi Abbey

I'm from Boston before having moved to California. I lived on Dartmouth Place in the South End and I still miss it there. Where are you? My partner lived in Waterbury, CT - where in Connecticut are you from?

message 5: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jess0702) | 68 comments Hi Abbey! I'm originally from CT too, but now I live in Philly (though my sister goes to school in Boston, so I'm up there from time to time- its a great city). I'm also a newbie too :)

message 6: by abbey sophia (new)

abbey sophia (abbeysophia) | 0 comments Hi Diane! I live in Allston. I have one more year at BU, and it's a pretty convenient location. I do hope to stay in the city after I graduate, though! I grew up in Middletown, CT. How do you like living in California? I'd like to live on the west coast at some point... though all my family is here, so it would be difficult!

Diane wrote: "Hi Abbey

I'm from Boston before having moved to California. I lived on Dartmouth Place in the South End and I still miss it there. Where are you? My partner lived in Waterbury, CT - where in ..."

message 7: by abbey sophia (new)

abbey sophia (abbeysophia) | 0 comments Hey Jessica! What part of CT are you from? & how do you like Philly?

Jessica wrote: "Hi Abbey! I'm originally from CT too, but now I live in Philly (though my sister goes to school in Boston, so I'm up there from time to time- its a great city). I'm also a newbie too :)"

message 8: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jess0702) | 68 comments I'm actually from really close to you in CT- Killingworth. And my sister is in your year at BU- coincidences! How do you like Boston?

I like Philly a lot- it has a lot to offer in terms of culture and great foods and whatnot, but I think in the end I'm a small town girl at heart. Eventually I will end up back in New England :)

message 9: by Diane (new)

Diane  (dianedj) Hi Abbey - Allston, of course. My partner lived there when we met, but as I said, I lived on Dartmouth and he worked in Copley....I still say that is the primary reason we ended up living together -- I lived closer to where he worked LOL.
I do love living here in California (is't been almost 12 years); California is a beautiful state, but "Boston you're my home". Red Sox nation west!

message 10: by Hayes (new)

Hayes (hayes13) Welcome Abbey Sophia!

message 11: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10125 comments Mod
HI Abbey, thanks for re-finding Goodreads and finding us along with it!!!

message 12: by Lisa Julianna (new)

Lisa Julianna (lisajulianna) | 1053 comments Hi Abbey,

Welcome to the group.

message 13: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (smbarsness) Hi! I am new to the Challenge this summer also. I feel good that I have already read three books (two tasks). I try not to look at the board too often because some of you are FAST readers! I have set a goal to try to do half the tasks and go from there.

message 14: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10125 comments Mod
Suzanne, dont let the pace of others get you down :) We all move at our own special speed!

toria (vikz writes) (victoriavikzwrites) welcome

message 16: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jess0702) | 68 comments Lori wrote: "Suzanne, dont let the pace of others get you down :) We all move at our own special speed!"

Agreed- at the moment I am moving much slower than I was hoping- but that's ok, I'm still motivated to read a greater variety of books than I was before!

message 17: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (mamallama) | 130 comments Welcome, Abbey! Hope you like the group!

message 18: by Joanie (new)

Joanie | 714 comments Welcome Abbey! I'm in MA too, just south of Boston. I did an advanced certificate program at BU last year and it made me wish I went to a bigger school for undergrad but I guess I wasn't ready at the time. Hope you're enjoying your time here!