Goodreads Feedback discussion

Suggestions & Questions > Facebook profile

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lavina (new)

Lavina (lavina_l) | 14 comments I just noticed that my Goodreads profile now has a link directly to my Facebook profile -- is there a way to disable this? I couldn't find an option anywhere when I went to edit my profile. Thanks in advance!

message 2: by Lisa (last edited Feb 07, 2008 10:45PM) (new)

Lisa Vegan (LisaVegan) | 8942 comments Lavina (or Anybody), Where did you see that link on your profile? I have Goodreads on my Facebook, but I don't see a link here. Even though I use Goodreads all of the time and rarely use Facebook, I might like a link from here. Thanks.

Edit: Never mind. I just found the link. Now I'll go try out the link. It right in the main info part of our proflies under "profiles."

message 3: by Kate (new)

Kate (kate-schmate) | 42 comments Yes, please provide a way to disable this. My goodreads profile is pretty anonymous and my Facebook profile is not.

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (LisaVegan) | 8942 comments Actually, I do agree. I have the same issue as Kate.

message 5: by Lavina (new)

Lavina (lavina_l) | 14 comments My issues mirror Kate's exactly.

message 6: by Malbadeen (new)

Malbadeen ditto.

message 7: by Otis, Chief Goodreader (last edited Feb 08, 2008 03:43PM) (new)

Otis Chandler | 4184 comments Mod
Hi All,

Interesting - I wouldn't have thought this would be an issue. After all, your public version of your Facebook profile is public, so I'm surprised people would view the information there as something they'd want to keep private.

However we also listen to our members here, so we'll work on a fix over the weekend!

message 8: by Lavina (new)

Lavina (lavina_l) | 14 comments I noticed that there's no longer a direct link to Facebook from my profile page and wanted to say thanks for removing it! This (the amazing feedback and fix-it process) is one of the many reasons I love Goodreads.

message 9: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (LisaVegan) | 8942 comments Oh yes, noticed that now. Thanks so very much.

message 10: by Otis, Chief Goodreader (new)

Otis Chandler | 4184 comments Mod
Yes when we have more time we'll put it back up with an option to remove it.

message 11: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (LisaVegan) | 8942 comments Otis, that sounds good.