TV We've Just Watched discussion

Comedies > Royal Pains

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 375 comments Just watched this one. It's very promising. I'm liking it. Anyone else??

message 2: by Bronwyn (new)

Bronwyn (nzfriend) I really liked it. I like most of USA's shows. I don't know how they're going to keep the premise going though. It seems like it could get old quickly.

message 3: by Katy-Del (new)

Katy-Del I liked it. I wasn't sure about it from the commercials, but was pleasantly suprised.

message 4: by Angie (new)

Angie I saw it, and I liked it. Just hopefully it doesn't get canceled right away.

message 5: by Becky (new)

Becky | 186 comments " hopefully it doesn't get canceled right away" This is where we are lucky its a USA show and they tend to stick around longer than regular TV

message 6: by Heidi (last edited Jun 15, 2009 07:48PM) (new)

Heidi | 65 comments Again, thanks to this group, I realized I forgot to add anew show to the DVR list... loved the premise of this show and the possibility for a little darker comedy... will have to check it out.

message 7: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I just started watching this show tonight. On the second episode. I was bored and was looking for SOMETHING to watch. First episode hooked me with the sidekick characters. And I like the Tucker kid. I also like the actor who plays Hank. I've seen him in other stuff...always like him. But I agree with Bronwyn, it could get old quick if they don't come up with some other hook.

message 8: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 65 comments Generally I liked the episode I saw (second one I think), but it was all a little too easy for the main character... like how many hospitals do you know would loan a mobile MRI unit to an unknown doctor 'cuz he was cute and said "please."? We shall see...

message 9: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Still watching this show, though I think I missed an episode or two. It is enjoyable, I like the characters. Its good summer filler but I don't see anything dynamic about it. Not that there has to be it can just be an enjoyable show to watch.

message 10: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 730 comments Cute show,my honey likes it alot.

message 11: by Holli (new)

Holli Starts back June 6th

message 12: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I love the character/actress playing Jill but I am so sick of her story line.
I'm leaving, I'm staying, I leaving for good tomorrow, oh wait not yet, oh wait I left, now I am back for a bit, I'm leaving for good again sometime soon, now Im not, I am leaving for good NOW, I left.
Is she gone for good or not?!! I'm so confused and annoyed!

message 13: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (mattsmama) | 52 comments She is gone... I think. ;-)
The brothers need to stop acting like babies already.

message 14: by Holli (new)

Holli renewed another season

message 15: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 375 comments I'm glad that it is renewed. Did anyone find it strange that Paige's birth mom was a 2 episode diversion and didn't come of anything?

message 16: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I did especially since she was played by Rosanna Archet (sp). She not exactly a no-name actress.

message 17: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) I noticed that too about Paige's mom. Well it was maybe one of the motivating factors for Evan and Paige to push up the wedding date. I felt so sorry for Divya after what she went through last year with her father disowning her.
I have one question about this show. For three seasons now, has it ever rained in the Hamptoms in the summer? I noticed too how the sliding glass doors to Evan's and Hank's place is always open...they don't get flies or mosquitoes in the Hamptoms either? Boy no wonder the Hamptoms is he place to be in the summer if that is true!

message 18: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 375 comments The rich don't have bugs.

message 19: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Lol , Karen. The Hamptons is on the east coast so the still get bugs, humidity, hurricane weather. Ah the magic of tv. It's funny though that they've never had a rainy day episode.

message 20: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) ahhh Kathy you must have hit it. Roxy I think it's a riot, I am in Southern New Jersey and I know The Hamptons couldn't have weather that much different. It just cracks me up to see the open area for eating. They never slide the sliding doors closed.

Here's another thing that some movies and TV shows have that makes me laugh. When someone goes into the bedroom for a romantic end to the evening, the candles are often already lit. And although it is more rare that we see them leaving, no one ever blows out candles.

I also love how TV and movie people can go on long car rides and not have to use the rest room. If someone gets kidnapped and tied up, same thing.

message 21: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Hi, Karen. I'm in central NJ. The outdoor living space and lack of screens for sliding doors drive me crazy. The Mosquitos alone would eat them alive. They are bad here I can't imagine they are that much better 2 hours north.