Hater (Hater, #1) Hater discussion

Hater

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Patrick I read this book and it reminded me of 28 Days Later. After reading this, it is a well written story, and I liked how it changed the narrator's perceptive in an unique way. This is a good book even if I tend to decry the similaries between that book and others like the Rage Plague...chances are the author probably thought this story up a long time ago like other writers.

Matt Nord I never read The Rage Plague. I'll have to check that one out.

message 3: by James (last edited May 03, 2012 05:57PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

James I didn't care for it. The protagonist and his life were so boring that no one would have cared or even noticed had he been eaten by zombies.

Furbjr I read this in October 2010 when it was selected by people using http://freedombookclub.com as their Book of the Month.

This book took a while to get into. It was slow in the beginning, but it had some interesting things happening, so I went with it. I loved the ending, and will be happy when I have some spare time to read the sequel(s).

message 5: by R. (new) - rated it 5 stars

R. Diskin Black I liked this book. Since the infected in this story do not lose their sense of self and their identity as human beings, there is opportunity here to explore another angle of the whole "zombie" apocalypse tale.

Julie I give this book 6 out of 10, disappointing ending.

Paul This book through me for a curve ball with the perceptive swap.

message 8: by Ami (last edited Oct 15, 2012 02:40PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ami E. Bowen I'm a little less than halfway through the third book in the trilogy "Them or Us" and while I really enjoyed "Hater" and "Dog Blood" now it's starting to drag and I can almost tell that the author was wanting to wrap his story up by the third book. It almost feels forced, like he was tired to writing about Danny and his life as a "Hater".

Nicole Ami wrote: "I'm a little less than halfway through the third book in the trilogy "Them or Us" and while I really enjoyed "Hater" and "Dog Blood" now it's starting to drag and I can almost tell that the author ..."

I totally agree, but yet I still tell people they should read it. It's one of those books you just leave around for quick read.

message 10: by Anna (new) - added it

Anna One question : if Ellis is a hater then why didn’t she kill the rest of the family?!