Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > National Donut Day!

Comments Showing 1-49 of 49 (49 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by RandomAnthony (last edited Jun 05, 2009 07:19PM) (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Ladies and Gentlemen, we at TC have failed, to our shame, to acknowledge that today is NATIONAL DONUT DAY.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article...

People in the west, it's only...what, a little after seven where you live? Do us proud.

The rest of us will catch up on our donut appreciation this weekend.

Thank you, donuts. For all you have given the world.

message 2: by Lori (new)

Lori "Time to make the donuts."

message 3: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i don't eat donuts. but if i did it would be Bavarian Cream

message 4: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) I remember when a Dunkin Donuts store had a wide range of choices. Peanut butter cream was my favorite. Most of the stores are small now, with just a few popular choices. It sucks.

message 5: by Kevin (last edited Jun 05, 2009 08:08PM) (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments dunkin donuts has great coffee

hey, in central america and mexico they have a version of dunkin donuts called DK'd Donuts. same franchise line with same colors and everything. man, the name always cracks me up

message 6: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) That's strange, Kevin.

message 7: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3574/3...

in honduras....(my fav place)

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Oh, man! I wish I knew it was National Donut Day this morning. I would have made a point of celebrating. Crullers, man. Crullers!

The Winchell's Donuts here in Olympia turned into Heavenly Donuts, which I think is great.

I would go hunt down and eat a doughnut right now, but I am so full of enchiladas it's not funny.

message 9: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) We have Winchell's here. But I've never tried them.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments I just like the name Heavenly Donuts. :D

message 11: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i did make home made donuts (where you deep fry elephant ear style donuts in oil and then shake them in a paper bag full of cinnamon and sugar and eat them hot) for my boys a while back when they were all home. i did eat one hot one and it was great

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Why don't you eat doughnuts, Kevin? Too many empty calories?

message 13: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments exactly. i normally only eat things that have some nutritional value. although i can occasionally justify ice cream i don't eat stuff like donuts, cotton candy, candy bars etc. no huge agenda but just have gotten used to it like that

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Yeah, don't go looking for doughnuts to meet your daily RDA of ANYTHING.
I try not to bring any junk food home from the store, but sometimes the vending machines at work are too tempting.

message 15: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i am not judging, just trying to keep ol kev in the best shape possible :)

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments I know exactly where you're coming from, Kev. And the older I get, the more I think about what I'm eating.

message 17: by Matthieu (new)

Matthieu | 1009 comments I need a donut right now.

message 18: by Lori (new)

Lori Kevin, those donuts you make sound just like zepelis that they make at all the Italian festivals in Little Italy. Except it's balls of deep-fried dough shaken in confectioner's sugar. Also eat em while they're hot. To.Die.For. Truly orgasmic. I'm crying right now I want some so bad.

message 19: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Me too, Matt.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Churros are really similar, too, long ridgy dough deep-fried and then drenched with cinnamon sugar...

I should never, ever eat those.

message 21: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Churros are quite addicting. Bet ya can't eat one.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments I wonder if mom wants to go out for Mexican food tomorrow...

message 23: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) I'm sure she does. I know I do.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Or I could go to my best friend's place for dinner (I'm casually invited to come over - it's her dad's birthday) and not eat the hamburgers she's barbecuing...

Decisions, decisions... ;)

message 25: by Lori (new)

Lori Costco has churros. I've stayed away from them. They are HUGE there! I'm quite content with their latte freeze. I save my sugar inhalation for night time.

Matt, I think you are suffering from depression. Also, it helps to remember everything is a phase. Just because you are feeling so jaded now doesn't mean it will be for the rest of your life. SOmetimes knowing that helps.

message 26: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) And sometimes having churros helps.

message 27: by Lori (new)

Lori Ha! You are so right!

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Mexican food it is, then!

message 29: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) I knew you would make the right choice.

message 30: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments Who likes funnel cakes?

message 31: by Julie (new)

Julie | 568 comments I do!
I haven't had one in forever, though.

message 32: by Matt (new)

Matt | 819 comments Hmm, I wondered why there were so many cops out yesterday morning...

(Apologies one and all, but SOMEONE had to say it.:))

message 33: by Julie (new)

Julie | 568 comments Oooh! That could be on the cliche finder website.
Cops and donuts...but I don't know a saying about cops and donuts.

message 34: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17346 comments Mod
I once had a bumper sticker that said:

"bad cop! no donut!"

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

lol, that's funny.

message 36: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments I had a blueberry cake donut on Saturday morning before going in to work... and I didn't even know it was National Donut Day.

message 37: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 777 comments It was National Donut Day? And I missed it? Bummer!
My brother and his wife own an amazing donut shop in downtown Sarasot--it's called Buddha Belly and the donuts are so good! And he has so many different kinds, fritter, raised, cake.
My favorite is the Angel Creme. Those are so good!

message 38: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24357 comments Mod
Oh fuck, how did I miss National Donut Day???

NOOOOOOO. A day without a donut is a day without deliciousness.

message 39: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Tomorrow is National Day-old Donut Day.

message 40: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Oh, delicious.

message 41: by Susan (new)

Susan | 6406 comments There are many threads about donuts. Why is it that I see most of them at night when it is too late to snack.

message 42: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Yeah, life is rough.

message 43: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11694 comments This thread was NOT started by 5.2779 (hey, someone has to do that when Sally's not around).

message 44: by Susan (new)

Susan | 6406 comments ::contorts::

message 45: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Phil wrote: "This thread was NOT started by 5.2779 (hey, someone has to do that when Sally's not around)."

I love when I'm referred to be random numbers.

message 46: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

We should move this to Food/Drink.

message 47: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Oh hush.

message 48: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Thou bootless earth-vexing devil-mon.

You hush.

message 49: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Whatever you say, dear. :)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.