Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Fantasy Romance > Cory Daniells

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Shannon (Giraffe Days) (Giraffe_Days) I would definitely recommend Cory Daniells under Fantasy Romance. I've read her T'En Trilogy and loved it. There're a couple of things that bugged me in the last book, but it's original fantasy with depth, and sexy too.

The titles are different in the US compared to Australia, which can get confusing.
Book 1
The Last T'En (Aus)
Broken Vows (US)
Book 2
Dark Legacy (Aus)
Dark Dreams (US)
Book 3
The Shadow Kingdom (Aus)
Dangerous Alliances (US)

The US covers are very ... Fabio. Ah well.

Has anyone else read these?

message 2: by Pamela, Moderatrix (new)

Pamela (teacupfangirl) | 614 comments Mod
I haven't read them, but they're definitely going on my to read list! Thanks for the recommendations!

message 3: by new_user (last edited Aug 01, 2008 09:53PM) (new)

new_user | 1389 comments I'll definitely take a look. Thanks for the heads up, Shannon. :)

message 4: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 01, 2009 09:22PM) (new)

Started that series, author has a good writing style & interesting characters. Read the first and got partway through the second, skimmed the rest when it became apparent that there wasn't going to be a clearly defined HEA. A love triangle with some odd elements, rather dark and sad if that's your cuppa.

Nichole (DirrtyH) (DirtyH) Dark and sad is always my cuppa... :) I'll have to look into these.

message 6: by ♥Tricia♥ (new)

♥Tricia♥ (Siddie) | 146 comments Oh thanks for the heads up, weee more for my TBR!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Books for every taste! :-)

message 8: by new_user (new)

new_user | 1389 comments It was a little tiresome after a while, the lack of any real resolution. I felt that the entire second book was a complete waste of time since it was just a reiteration of the first book's conflicts, the heroine's struggle to reconcile her former fiance (i.e. her old culture) with her new husband (new culture). That about sums it up, and I expect the third book is a continuation of the same conflict, only there's an ending.

There is depth. The characters are explored and developed, just not a lot of plot movement even within the relationship. There is a good bit of sensuality, albeit not in as much depth as the average PNR.