Glens Falls (NY) Online Book Discussion Group discussion

GLENS FALLS-Goings-on about town > Two Big Food Drives Coming Up July 1st and 3rd!

Comments (showing 1-5 of 5) (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Don (new)

Don (ddonofrio3) | 86 comments I've organized two big food drives in July!

July 1st at the Adirondack Drums Show at East Field I will be having a food drive to benefit the Family Service Association of Glens Falls. For more info;

www.adirondackdrums.com

July 3rd at the Summer Jam Concert at East Field I will be having the biggest food drive of the year to benefit both the Family Service Association of Glens Falls and The Open Door Soup Kitchen. Bring a can of food with you when you come out to hear the cast of Beatlemania doing a two-hour concert that covers the entire career of the Beatles plus some opening bands and the big fireworks show afterward! We will be set up in the parking lot before you go into the show. Tickets for this show are $3 and can be purchased at WCKM starting on June 10th.

Stop by and say hi!

message 2: by Joy H., Group Founder (last edited Jun 04, 2009 08:09AM) (new)

Joy H. (JoyofGlensFalls) | 15719 comments Don wrote: "I've organized two big food drives in July! July 1st at the Adirondack Drums Show at East Field I will be having a food drive to benefit the Family Service Association of Glens Falls. For more i..."

Thanks for the information, Don. Good work.
Also, you might also post the address of the pantry where we can drop off food any time.

P.S. I found the following link with the address: ====>
LINK: http://tcuwny.org/index.asp?lw=pages&...
Address:
Family Service Association of Glens Falls
144 Ridge Street, Glens Falls, NY

P.P.S. Here's a link to a street map showing the exact location: ====>
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Gle...

message 3: by Joy H., Group Founder (new)

Joy H. (JoyofGlensFalls) | 15719 comments Don, were you rained out this weekend? How did it go? I meant to attend (in order to meet you) but the weather was terrible.

message 4: by Don (new)

Don (ddonofrio3) | 86 comments We were there but the rain stopped any walkup crowd at the Adirondack Drums so our collection was low. The Summer Jam had great weather but the food collection wasn't that great either. Times are tough now and the people that usually donate are looking for help themselves.

message 5: by Joy H., Group Founder (last edited Jul 19, 2009 05:34PM) (new)

Joy H. (JoyofGlensFalls) | 15719 comments Don wrote: "We were there but the rain stopped any walkup crowd at the Adirondack Drums so our collection was low. The Summer Jam had great weather but the food collection wasn't that great either. Times are t..."

Don, sorry to hear that your food drive didn't get better results. Hope things improve all around... including the weather!

Glens Falls (NY) Online Book Discussion Group

unread topics | mark unread