Hodge Podge Book Club discussion

Book of the Month > Angels and Demons *June*

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melanie (new)

Melanie Fuller (by_mel) | 23 comments Mod
This is where we will discuss Angels and Demons by Dan Brown. Who is participating this month? I am going to start reading it, it looks like a very interesting read!

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (cabanagirlsarah) | 28 comments I am. I read it a couple years ago but am definitely going to re-read it! Awesome book!

message 3: by Deanna (new)

Deanna (ibeeeg) So...has anyone started this book yet? I started yesterday, I am liking it so far but for whatever reason my mind is wandering. I am thinking I want to read a bit lighter topic but I am going to stick with it as I am very early in the book.

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (cabanagirlsarah) | 28 comments I think the beginning is a bit slow but it is that way in many action books. Keep with it and soon you wont be able to put it down.

message 5: by Deanna (new)

Deanna (ibeeeg) Thanks Sarah for the encouragement.
The thing is, the book keeps "calling" me to read it. I am going to finish it because I am thinking things are going to heat up soon.

message 6: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (cabanagirlsarah) | 28 comments Its because the book makes you question things huh!! It creeps up on you when you dont expect it and then you just need to know more... he he.... keep going and feel free to chat about it.

What chapter are you on?

message 7: by Deanna (new)

Deanna (ibeeeg) I am now on page 265, chapter 65.
The book has picked up in pace...I have become much more intrigued with the story.

message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (cabanagirlsarah) | 28 comments whohoo!!!

Is anyone one else alive???? Where did our leader go???

message 9: by Deanna (new)

Deanna (ibeeeg) I have finished reading Angels & Demons. I will post my review on my blog...soon.
While I liked the story...the action, I did find it to be a bit unsettling.

message 10: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (cabanagirlsarah) | 28 comments because of the content - the "treasure"?

message 11: by Deanna (new)

Deanna (ibeeeg) unsettling because of the whole science vs religion theme. Also...the ending part - did not see that happening especially with the one individual.

I do not want to say too much as I do not want to spoil anyone else's read.

message 12: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (cabanagirlsarah) | 28 comments i know... i thought about it for months, wondering if stuff was true! Cant wait to see what the others think of it.

message 13: by Melanie (new)

Melanie Fuller (by_mel) | 23 comments Mod
I am here! Sorry! Busy busy summer! I am excited for my vacation so I can just read!!! I will be calling you Sarah. I will be at Lawrence Welk for a week! Yay!

message 14: by Deanna (new)

Deanna (ibeeeg) I hear you Melanie on a busy, busy summer. Mine seems to be taking every day away in a matter of a few blinks. Amazing how quickly the days are going.

Question: To discuss this book, can we talk about things that may be spoilers? Is there a way to label Spoilers so someone does not have to read the post if they do not want the story spoiled?

message 15: by Mandak (new)

Mandak | 3 comments I read this book about a month ago. I read it via audiobook, it was a re-read for me. The audiobook was fantastic, the reader really knew how to work the emotion in his voice. I enjoyed the book much more than the movie :)