Rachel Caine Reads discussion

Carpe Corpus **Spoilers**

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 8 comments Okay, so has anyone else finished this yet? I read it yesterday and, of course, loved it.

I'm so glad Shane and Claire finally did it. It had been hanging over their heads since the first book. It was very sweet and made me love Shane all the more.

I hated Amelie for letting Sam die. Cried like a little girl there I'm afraid, as he was always my favorite vamp (after Michael, of course).

Everything was wrapped up a lot cleaner than previous books, so I'm curious as to where the friction with the vamps is going to go. I've read the excerpt from Fade Out she's posted on her site, and it looks like Myrnin will probably be a key player again (I'm quite fond of him). And Ada, that was an interesting development.

Dean - Have we seen the last of him? I must admit I didn't clue into what he was up to until their chat at Common Grounds. And damn, Jason, he just can't do anything right.

Discussing the book with a friend, she hasn't forgiven Eve for turning on Claire in the beginning. Interesting to see Shane's dad make an attempt at redemption. He'll always be a b@stard in my books, but at least he's trying. I'm guessing we haven't seen the last of him yet.

message 2: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (kathry) I finished just a little bit ago and overall, I really enjoyed it. I'm so sad Sam died! All I can think is that Amelie hoped Bishop would go for her or Myrnin.

And I was a little slow, I didn't figure out Dean's role until he spelled it out for Claire. Man, I felt silly for not seeing it beforehand.

And Darkheart, I absolutely agree with your friend about being upset with Eve for turning on Claire. I do not think that was adequately resolved.

And I'm so happy Shane and Claire finally got together! They are such a good match! It was sweet and kind of necessary in my opinion!

I read the sample of Fade Out too and Myrnin is so funny. I had aspider named Bob once too:) I think that, outside of Shane and Claire, Myrnin and Oliver are my favorite characters. Especially in this last book, Oliver is so creepy but I like it because I never know what to expect from him. He's interesting.

And was it just me of were Claire's parents extra annoying? I would never have left my daughter and I would have been ecstatic that she managed to stay a virgin until 17, especially these days!

message 3: by Shanon (new)

Shanon (boban) Ahh I read this last month and thought I had posted about it but guess I didn't - I'm loosing my mind I think!

Don't feel too bad about not figuring out Dean's role until the end. I didn't either. In fact I was wondering where this new kid was going to fit in with the Glass House residents since they're all coupled off.

I'm also glad that Clair & Shane finallay got together. It was hanging over every scene they were in alone together so it's nice they'll be able to move the relationship past the whole "We're not having sex" phase and into something much deeper emotionally.

Myrnin is one of my favorite characters and I'm glad he got to play such a huge roll. I'm worried going forward that he won't be as excentric as he has been because of the cure - we'll see I guess.

message 4: by Gloria (new)

Gloria (gloriaoliver) | 6 comments Honestly, I've a feeling Myrnin was exentric and maybe a little nutty even before the disease. If you'll look back, his odd behavior didn't seem to surprise Amelie's father and they'd not seen each other in decades or more. Heh heh heh

message 5: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (kathry) I really liked Myrnin too. I agree with Gloria that Myrnin will continue to be crazy/eccentric as we all like :) At least I hope so.

message 6: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (peanuthead) | 3 comments This might make me really insane but I kind of wish something would happen between Myrnin and Claire.. am I alone on this lol?

message 7: by Shanon (last edited Jul 07, 2009 06:07PM) (new)

Shanon (boban) yup Amanda - you're insane! lol

message 8: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (peanuthead) | 3 comments Shanon wrote: "yup Amanda - you're insane! lol"

haha! I know there has to be at least 1 other person out there that agrees with me. I do picture Myrnin as Heath Ledger-ish.. how do you picture him?

message 9: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (kathry) Sorry, for some reason I missed the last few posts.

And I agree with Shanon, Amanda is insane :) I would love to see Myrnin with someone but I think Shane and Claire work well together. Also, Claire needs to do some more growing up. Though I think a serious love interest for Myrnin would be very entertaining :)

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 8 comments Yeah, had it not been for Sam, I would have thought Myrnin and Amelie would have been sweet together. Of course, now that she let him die, I don't think she deserves anyone. ;P

message 11: by Purple (new)

Purple (purpletan) | 7 comments I was cautious to read this one. I loved the MVamps immediately after the first book, but the latest book didnt came out sooner after I read the last one that I somehow aged (LOL).

Anyway, I agree that Claire needs to grow up. Since Claire seemed so young, Myrnin kinda hit me as somehow too old to be Health Ledger =) Im sad for Amelie to have love and lost, I hope for her a serene happy ending. I actually imagined her like Cate Blanchett, cool and stern, at the same time.

Yup, the parents are annoying.
I hope to see more of Eve and Michael again in next book. I hope you post a thread on how you guys picture Claire. I already have a yummy mind, er, a mind of a yummy Shane. =)