Freestyle Readers Club discussion

miscellaneous > June Book

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Connie (new)

Connie (conniebury) Book for June:
Memoirs of a Geisha: A Novel by Arthur Golden

We would like to encourage you to read this book with us. However, we do know not everybody will have time for the monthly book, or be interested in reading the selection. Please continue to write reviews and make selections to the bookshelf of whatever you are reading.

If you have previously read "Memoirs of a Geisha" please join in the discussion.

Thank you!

message 2: by Ksf (new)

Ksf Fisk | 6 comments I've never done a group read before, so I'm looking forward to this! I will probably start the book this weekend.

message 3: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 31 comments I have read about 1/3 of this book and it is really good. Look forward to picking it back up

message 4: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne I have already read "Memoirs of a Geisha". I was captivated with the details and just the telling of this story. I have not seen the movie.Usually the book is better.

message 5: by Connie (new)

Connie (conniebury) I finished it last night! A great selection Terri!

message 6: by Charlene (new)

Charlene | 1 comments This was a really great book. Golden describes the life of a geisha and much of the Japanese tradition/culture in amazing and beautiful detail.

message 7: by Fath (new)

Fath A well done all. =)
you make me eager to reread the memoir.

message 8: by Gina (new)

Gina (goodreadscomginaandgary) On my "to read" this.

message 9: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Dethomas | 1 comments Is there any july reads???? I never did a group reading before but it sounds fun . Let me know somehow

message 10: by Jill (new)

Jill | 1 comments I really enjoyed this book.The author who is a man did an excellent job describing the life of a geisha who is a woman. I have read a few other books on Japanese culture but this one I think gave me a better insight. This book is one of my favourite reads. I highly recommend it to anyone.

message 11: by Rupert (new)

Rupert Copping | 1 comments Yeah, good book. The Japanese have an interesting take on life.