Charlaine Harris Book/Show Group discussion

Heading to New Orleans tonight!

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nlojeda) | 471 comments Mod
Hey Sookie Sisters!

I'm so excited to be heading to the sexy south tonight! I'm going to pick up the Bloody Returns book and read it in a court yard or dive bar tonight!

message 2: by Angie (new)

Angie This sounds fun!

message 3: by Brycen (new)

Brycen (melisandes) Lucky. My husband hates New Orleans. I told him to get over it because I have loved New Orleans since I was 13.

message 4: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (findingjackie) How was the trip?

message 5: by Nicole (new)

Yeah! Inquiring minds wanna know!

Some friends of mine just got back and they said it was cold?!

message 6: by Angie (new)

Angie How was your trip Nicole?

message 7: by Nicole (new)

My trip was great. Although I had to work at a school psychologist conference during the day, I had my evenings free and took a day off at the end of the conference. I went to Marie Laveau's Voo Doo shop every night, but didn't make it to a cemetery this trip. We took a steamboat ride on the river and of course ate beignets everyday. I also went by Brangelina's house and took a pic like a paparazzi scum. The weather was wonderful and it's nice to see the city improving everytime we go, but from what I hear, it will never be like it originally was. I heard some really sad and angering stories about the cities government and their efforts to not rebuild the 9th ward and other low income areas of the city. A friend of ours was able to get back in the city with a goverment pass and the things he saw were horrifying.