Brain Science Podcast discussion

Ginger Campbell
This topic is about Ginger Campbell
2013 > Please VOTE NOW: People's Choice Podcast Awards

Comments (showing 1-5 of 5) (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ginger (last edited Nov 02, 2013 06:04AM) (new)

Ginger Campbell (GingerCampbell) | 313 comments Mod
It is time to VOTE for the Ninth Annual People's Choice Podcast Awards.

Please go to http://podcastawards.com between October 1-15, 2013 to nominate your favorite podcasts. The Brain Science Podcast is has been nominated as BEST SCIENCE PODCAST.

YOU CAN VOTE ONCE A DAY FROM NOVEMEBER 1-15.

NOTE: This post has been changed. It originally encouraged listeners to nominated the Brain Science Podcast.

message 2: by Madelyn (new)

Madelyn Griffith-haynie | 7 comments My comment (with my nomination) -- GOOD LUCK!
-----------
I listen to other podcasts, but this is the ONLY one I am making the time to nominate.

The Brain Science Podcast is a vastly under-appreciated resource in the science category, given how truly amazing it is. It explores the question of consciousness and what makes us human from an evidence-based scientific lens -- in a manner that also manages to be simple and direct.

BSP is a no-fluff podcast focused on informational content (vs. "upselling" or the marketing of content to come). The consistently high quality of topics and guests are beyond compare - foundational and topical, both.

While relevant to neuroscientists and those with advanced degrees in the science fields, Ginger Campbell fulfills her promise that this is "the podcast for anyone who has a brain." Even my beginning coaches find it engaging, and have no trouble following the interviews and explanations. I already know a great deal about many of her topics, yet she manages to fascinate me as well.

I rely on BSP as one of the primary resources that help me keep my blog and trainings up-to-date, and look forward to every broadcast as the "Cliff Notes" of what counts.

Production values:
==================
Ginger's interviews are right up there with the best in the business, despite the fact that, as a no-charge podcast, she operates with a time-intensive, "volunteer-basis" budget. She directs without dominating: her questions showcase the best in her guests, both in their own presentation of their material, as well as underscoring their theories and points of view in the context of related researchers and fields.

It is clear that THIS interviewer does her research and comes prepared! She reads the books, makes notes, searches for related content, and formulates questions AHEAD of time. Afterwards, she makes downloads, transcripts and links to related resources available on her show-pages, supported by a mailing list to remind listeners to go get the information (with a click to get there).

She supports listeners with discussion forums on numerous platforms, website updates and redesigns, invitations to join her live when she travels - and more. That's MY definition of a well-produced podcast.

The fact that many of her guests become subscribers, simply to keep up with what's going on in fields other than their own, speaks volumes.

She deserves to WIN - she certainly deserves to be nominated!

~~~~~
Madelyn Griffith-Haynie, CMC, SCAC, MCC
- ADD Coach Training Field founder; ADD Coaching co-founder -
(blogs: ADDandSoMuchMore, ADDerWorld & ethosconsultancynz - dot com)
"It takes a village to educate a world!"

message 3: by Ginger (new)

Madelyn wrote: "My comment (with my nomination) -- GOOD LUCK!
-----------
I listen to other podcasts, but this is the ONLY one I am making the time to nominate.

The Brain Science Podcast is a vastly under-appreci..."

Thanks Madelyn!

message 4: by John (new)

John Brown | 52 comments I nominated you as requested.
The quality of the interviews is really outstanding. I have a number on my ipod and I play them on a speaker whilst cooking or eating. Much better than the radio.
And the depth of treatment is better than most BMJ and Lancet podcasts, which I listen to increasingly as I become at risk for the degenerative diseases of aging.
Thank you very much for this great service.

message 5: by Ginger (new)

Thank you to everyone who voted. The winners will be announced at the New Media Expo on January 5, 2014.