We're the Kids of America discussion

30 views
Hot Topics > Doctor Shot Dead In Church

Comments Showing 1-50 of 192 (192 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) | 1197 comments How Christian is that? A doctor in Wichita, Kansas (about an hour from where I live) who performed abortions was gunned to death in his church. That's real brotherly love.

I want to puke.


message 2: by Lauren, radical atheist...beware! (new)

Lauren (djinni) | 2702 comments Mod
It's only "love thy neighbor" when your neighbor is also Christian.


message 3: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) | 1197 comments That's the thing though, he was a christian, he was working as an usher when he got shot.


message 4: by Lauren, radical atheist...beware! (new)

Lauren (djinni) | 2702 comments Mod
No true scotsman fallacy. No TRUE christian would be an abortion doctor, so he must be satan.


message 5: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) | 1197 comments "1) He killed children. I mean, for me, I've always said that abortion should be legal, because not everyone believes the same things, but the fact of the matter is, he still kills children."

Well, your wrong about that, so your logic is flawed.

"No TRUE christian would be an abortion doctor, so he must be satan."

There is nothing in the bible that goes against abortion, at all.

"2) No preacher kills children for a living. NEVER. IDK. From a religious point of view, God's will not to have an abortion doctor as his preacher"

He wasn't a preacher, he was an usher. And are you God? Because you just said you KNOW God's will. I have a suspicion that YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.


Think before you make a statement next time.



message 6: by Emily (new)

Emily (emilyamazingxx) | 165 comments I'm actually going to agree with Davis for once, because that entire "paragraph" by Ash made absolutely no sense. Too much repetition and improper grammar.


message 7: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) | 1197 comments Emily wrote: "I'm actually going to agree with Davis for once, because that entire "paragraph" by Ash made absolutely no sense. Too much repetition and improper grammar."

I think if you really examine all my arguments, there isn't anything to disagree with :)


message 8: by Emily (new)

Emily (emilyamazingxx) | 165 comments Uh huh, I'll see :P


message 9: by Lauren, radical atheist...beware! (new)

Lauren (djinni) | 2702 comments Mod
"He killed children."

Child=/=zygote. Your skin cells are more alive.

"There is nothing in the bible that goes against abortion, at all."

In fact, there are many passages about God killing babies, or commanding the action thereof.


message 10: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) | 1197 comments Emily wrote: "Uh huh, I'll see :P"

I mean really. They follow pretty basic sets of human logistics.


message 11: by Emily (new)

Emily (emilyamazingxx) | 165 comments "In fact, there are many passages about God killing babies, or commanding the action thereof."

I don't think it is (in the Bible), cuz I don't remember, but the story of Moses is an example.


message 12: by Emily (new)

Emily (emilyamazingxx) | 165 comments "I mean really. They follow pretty basic sets of human logistics."

Yeah, I'll still see :P


message 13: by Lauren, radical atheist...beware! (new)

Lauren (djinni) | 2702 comments Mod
God Will Kill Children

The glory of Israel will fly away like a bird, for your children will die at birth or perish in the womb or never even be conceived. Even if your children do survive to grow up, I will take them from you. It will be a terrible day when I turn away and leave you alone. I have watched Israel become as beautiful and pleasant as Tyre. But now Israel will bring out her children to be slaughtered." O LORD, what should I request for your people? I will ask for wombs that don't give birth and breasts that give no milk. The LORD says, "All their wickedness began at Gilgal; there I began to hate them. I will drive them from my land because of their evil actions. I will love them no more because all their leaders are rebels. The people of Israel are stricken. Their roots are dried up; they will bear no more fruit. And if they give birth, I will slaughter their beloved children." (Hosea 9:11-16 NLT)



Kill Men, Women, and Children

"Then I heard the LORD say to the other men, "Follow him through the city and kill everyone whose forehead is not marked. Show no mercy; have no pity! Kill them all – old and young, girls and women and little children. But do not touch anyone with the mark. Begin your task right here at the Temple." So they began by killing the seventy leaders. "Defile the Temple!" the LORD commanded. "Fill its courtyards with the bodies of those you kill! Go!" So they went throughout the city and did as they were told." (Ezekiel 9:5-7 NLT)



God Kills all the First Born of Egypt

And at midnight the LORD killed all the firstborn sons in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn son of Pharaoh, who sat on the throne, to the firstborn son of the captive in the dungeon. Even the firstborn of their livestock were killed. Pharaoh and his officials and all the people of Egypt woke up during the night, and loud wailing was heard throughout the land of Egypt. There was not a single house where someone had not died. (Exodus 12:29-30 NLT)



Kill Old Men and Young Women

"You are my battle-ax and sword," says the LORD. "With you I will shatter nations and destroy many kingdoms. With you I will shatter armies, destroying the horse and rider, the chariot and charioteer. With you I will shatter men and women, old people and children, young men and maidens. With you I will shatter shepherds and flocks, farmers and oxen, captains and rulers. "As you watch, I will repay Babylon and the people of Babylonia for all the wrong they have done to my people in Jerusalem," says the LORD. "Look, O mighty mountain, destroyer of the earth! I am your enemy," says the LORD. "I will raise my fist against you, to roll you down from the heights. When I am finished, you will be nothing but a heap of rubble. You will be desolate forever. Even your stones will never again be used for building. You will be completely wiped out," says the LORD. (Jeremiah 51:20-26)

(Note that after God promises the Israelites a victory against Babylon, the Israelites actually get their butts kicked by them in the next chapter. So much for an all-knowing and all-powerful God.)



God Will Kill the Children of Sinners

If even then you remain hostile toward me and refuse to obey, I will inflict you with seven more disasters for your sins. I will release wild animals that will kill your children and destroy your cattle, so your numbers will dwindle and your roads will be deserted. (Leviticus 26:21-22 NLT)



More Rape and Baby Killing

Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes. Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off. The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children. (Isaiah 13:15-18 NLT)


message 14: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) | 1197 comments Okay, we get it, Lauren, you hate Christianity :p hahaha.

Seriously though, there is nothing explicitly stating that abortion is against God's Will.


message 15: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) | 1197 comments "Yeah, I'll still see :P"

What do you mean 'still see'? I know you've read the stuff I've written.


message 16: by Jayda (new)

Jayda Davis wrote: "How Christian is that? A doctor in Wichita, Kansas (about an hour from where I live) who performed abortions was gunned to death in his church. That's real brotherly love.

I want to puke."


So you're blaming the church, the religion, and GOD for that? That is ridiculous, Davis.


message 17: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) | 1197 comments "So you're blaming the church, the religion, and GOD for that? That is ridiculous, Davis."

I'm not doing a single one of those things. I just think it is an absolutely disgusting act, especially since it took place in an institution that is supposedly about love.



message 18: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) | 1197 comments What does this have ANYTHING to do with a grisly murder taking place IN A CHURCH to a contributing, valuable member of society? I'm sorry, but murder is not justified.


message 19: by Jayda (new)

Jayda Davis wrote: ""So you're blaming the church, the religion, and GOD for that? That is ridiculous, Davis."

I'm not doing a single one of those things. I just think it is an absolutely disgusting act, especially s..."


I agree - whoever did that is terrible. But it happened. Oh well. Would you think differently of it if it happened at the hospital, in a park, or at a museum?


message 20: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) | 1197 comments Yes, I would. Because that isn't a religious institution. That adds a whole other spin to it. Obviously the man isn't hard to find, yet they choose to do it AT A CHURCH ON PURPOSE.


message 21: by Lauren, radical atheist...beware! (new)

Lauren (djinni) | 2702 comments Mod
"2160575 Okay, we get it, Lauren, you hate Christianity :p hahaha."

And you hate conservatives.

"Well from my point of view (I am a christian) god did those things because it needed to happen. For example he killed the firstborns boys in Egypt except the ones who had lamb's blood on their door because the Pharoah would not let The jew's go and god did warn him about what he was going to do. So the Pharoah could have prevented that. It was pharoahs falt. he could have listened but he didn't.
"

If God wasn't a bullying sadist, then that would have never happened. ;)


message 22: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) | 1197 comments "And you hate conservatives."

I was kidding guuuurl :)

I don't hate THEM, I HATE what they embody and represent.


message 23: by Lauren, radical atheist...beware! (new)

Lauren (djinni) | 2702 comments Mod
"I was kidding guuuurl :)"

As was I. :P *hugs*


message 24: by Jayda (new)

Jayda "If God wasn't a bullying sadist, then that would have never happened. ;)"

Except that God didn't do this - man did. Free will. And I'll keep saying that until I can get it into your heads that God doesn't control man.


message 25: by Emily (new)

Emily (emilyamazingxx) | 165 comments Davis wrote: ""Yeah, I'll still see :P"

What do you mean 'still see'? I know you've read the stuff I've written."


Really? You sure? Cuz I'm pretty sure I don't read a lot of the stuff you write :P


message 26: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) | 1197 comments Emily wrote: "Davis wrote: ""Yeah, I'll still see :P"

What do you mean 'still see'? I know you've read the stuff I've written."

Really? You sure? Cuz I'm pretty sure I don't read a lot of the stuff you write :P"



Well, seeing as my essays are being advertised on your profile, I'd say you've read a few.



message 27: by Emily (new)

Emily (emilyamazingxx) | 165 comments Truthfully, I've only read like 2. That's about it. Chapter 4 and Chapter 1. Those are the only ones. So far. Eventually I'll get to reading the others.


message 28: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) | 1197 comments Emily wrote: "Truthfully, I've only read like 2. That's about it. Chapter 4 and Chapter 1. Those are the only ones. So far. Eventually I'll get to reading the others."

Well then you would know the basis of my arguments.




message 29: by Lauren, radical atheist...beware! (new)

Lauren (djinni) | 2702 comments Mod
"Except that God didn't do this - man did. Free will. And I'll keep saying that until I can get it into your heads that God doesn't control man."

The thing is, free will when an omnipotent being exists is an illogical concept. It can't happen.


message 30: by Jayda (new)

Jayda That's only if you believe that God doesn't exist, Lauren. And I know that you don't, but others, like myself, DO. It's a matter of opinion.


message 31: by Lauren, radical atheist...beware! (new)

Lauren (djinni) | 2702 comments Mod
So, all the people who claim to hear God in their head telling them to kill people, that's just their opinion.

You're placing opinion above fact. It's my opinion that we don't need gym 5 days a week, but that doesn't change the facts of the situation.


message 32: by Jayda (new)

Jayda They're (usually) mentally psychotic. Or it's the devil :) I threw that one in to annoy you.

But evolution isn't fact, it's a theory, despite all of the "proof" that it has to back it up.


message 33: by Emily (new)

Emily (emilyamazingxx) | 165 comments "Well then you would know the basis of my arguments."

kkays :)


message 34: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Borland (kgborland) Jayda, this man did this because he believed he was doing God's will. Truthfully this man is no better than the jihadist in the Middle East when you think about it.

Someone on the news needs to bring that up. Because isn't basically the same thing? They believe their God(who is the same damn god mind you), wants them to protect their way of life/religion through war/killing what have you and this disillusional man believes this is what God wanted him to do.

This man could be the equivalent of a terrorist if he had killed more people.

And whats up with the Big 3 (Christianity, Judaism, Islam) I mean they all believe in the same God why can't they all just accept that? Well actually Islam and Judaism DO except that. Christianity refuses to believe that their God is the same as the other too. THOUGH, their religion is a straight rip off of Judaism just with a resurrection.

Sorry, that little fact always bugged me :P

How is everyone today :D


message 35: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Borland (kgborland) "but evolution isn't fact, it's a theory, despite all of the "proof" that it has to back it up"

For like the rest of this year maybe. sorry chica but they found this lemur skeleton that, after being analyzed all BUT proves Evolution. With further examination it probably will prove Evolution...


message 36: by Lauren, radical atheist...beware! (new)

Lauren (djinni) | 2702 comments Mod
"But evolution isn't fact, it's a theory, despite all of the "proof" that it has to back it up. "

A theory in science is something that has been proved beyond doubt. Theory of Gravity. Germ Theory. You need to pay attention, I've said this many times.


message 37: by Lauren, radical atheist...beware! (new)

Lauren (djinni) | 2702 comments Mod
"For like the rest of this year maybe. sorry chica but they found this lemur skeleton that, after being analyzed all BUT proves Evolution. With further examination it probably will prove Evolution..."

Evolution has been proved. You are just too stubborn to admit it, everyone.


message 38: by Kyle (last edited Jun 01, 2009 09:56AM) (new)

Kyle Borland (kgborland) "theory in science is something that has been proved beyond doubt. Theory of Gravity. Germ Theory. You need to pay attention, I've said this many times"

Thats a law not a theory.

LAW of Gravity.

An example of a theory is...Theory of Relativity.


message 39: by Emily (new)

Emily (emilyamazingxx) | 165 comments "How is everyone today :D"

Great! How are you? :D


message 40: by Lauren, radical atheist...beware! (new)

Lauren (djinni) | 2702 comments Mod
"LAW of Gravity. "

Gravity isn't a law, it's a theory.


message 41: by Lauren, radical atheist...beware! (new)

Lauren (djinni) | 2702 comments Mod
a supposition or a system of ideas intended to explain something, esp. one based on general principles independent of the thing to be explained : Darwin's theory of evolution.
• a set of principles on which the practice of an activity is based : a theory of education | music theory.
• an idea used to account for a situation or justify a course of action : my theory would be that the place has been seriously mismanaged.
• Mathematics a collection of propositions to illustrate the principles of a subject.


message 42: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 498 comments I think that God would want us pay more attention to science so that we can better ourselves. Not become blind to everything probable.


message 43: by Kyle (last edited Jun 01, 2009 09:59AM) (new)

Kyle Borland (kgborland) Gravity is a law because its been proven without a doubt.

A theory is something that has been proven BUT hasn't been proven to the extent that it is the ONLY solution.
Basically a theory doesn't have a enough hard evidence to evolve into a law.

Lauren I'm not debating definitions with you. Laws are absolute and theories are proven to an extent but are not solid enough to be Laws.

Evolution is a theory not a law. so its not COMPLETELY proven yet.


message 44: by Lauren, radical atheist...beware! (new)

Lauren (djinni) | 2702 comments Mod
"A theory is something that has been proven BUT hasn't been proven to the extent that it is the ONLY solution.
Basically a theory doesn't have a enough hard evidence to evolve into a law. "

You are confusing biology and physics. There is no law in biology. It's ALL theory, that's the ultimate thing it can be.


message 45: by Lauren, radical atheist...beware! (new)

Lauren (djinni) | 2702 comments Mod
Kyle, sorry, but you don't seem to know this as well as other things.


message 46: by Kyle (last edited Jun 01, 2009 10:05AM) (new)

Kyle Borland (kgborland) What about the four Fundamental Laws of Biology?

And if you knew this as much as you claim you just would've said the 4th Fundamental law of biology to prove you point because guess what?

Fourth Law: Life evolves - populations of organisms change genetically and irreversibly through time.

Mind you this might not be "official" laws but they might as well be, their Laws of Nature for crying out loud. By the way, I agreed with you that evolution happened...if you actually read what I said.



message 47: by Lauren, radical atheist...beware! (new)

Lauren (djinni) | 2702 comments Mod
Like I said, not "official" laws. Which is quite different from official laws. It's a law in some sense, but not the full sense. And evolution itself is not one things, its a collection of processes and "laws" which mean it can only be a theory, because it's made up of different laws and ideas.


message 48: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Borland (kgborland) Whatever. We're basically arguing who can make evolution sound more legit. :P


message 49: by Lauren, radical atheist...beware! (new)

Lauren (djinni) | 2702 comments Mod
But..it's fun! D:

lolololjk


message 50: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Borland (kgborland) Oh well at least we both agree on evolution :P
As long as we don't have to debate that we can hugs! *hugs lauren* :P


« previous 1 3 4
back to top