Movies We've Just Watched discussion

The Lady Eve

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ed (new)

Ed | 219 comments Mod
What a great flick! Haven't seen this in such a while but after seeing Barbara Stanwyck in Double Indemnity I had to see this...Preston Sturges is a master of comedy.

message 2: by Cliff (new)

Cliff | 46 comments I'm a big Barbara Stanwyck fan. She was such a great actress. Have you seen "Sorry Wrong Number"? All of her movies were great.

message 3: by Ed (new)

Ed | 219 comments Mod
No, I don't think I've seen that...maybe heard the radio play once. I'll check that out...any other suggestions?

message 4: by Cliff (new)

Cliff | 46 comments I haven't seen all of her movies. The once I've seen I recommend.

Stella Dallas
Titanic (1950s version)
Clash By Night
The File On Thelma Jordon
Thorn Birds (she had a small part but she was great)

message 5: by Susiemelindy (new)

Susiemelindy | 5 comments Thre was a movie made with Barbara Stanwyck and a remake was made with Shirley MacLaine and Ricki Lake. Do you know the name of the one Barbara S was in? It's about a woman who tries on a ring on a train and she survives the wreck, with her wearing someone else's wedding ring. Name that movie!

message 6: by Susiemelindy (new)

Susiemelindy | 5 comments The Thorn Birds.........oh, Barbara Stanwyck MADE the movie what it was. At times she was like other actors and over acted a little, but in that scene upstairs with Chamberlane......she gave a performance that was awesome......totally fantastic! Like I said, she made the movie.....!

message 7: by Cliff (new)

Cliff | 46 comments The one Barbara was in was called "No Man Of Her Own". It was remade to "Mrs. Winterbourne" with Shirley MacLaine & Ricki Lake. Got Cha!

message 8: by Cliff (new)

Cliff | 46 comments When I read the book eons ago, the characther was written so well. When I saw BS in the mini series, it seemed like the part was written for her.

message 9: by Judith (new)

Judith (jloucks) So glad you brought up her appearance in the Thorm Birds. It was great to see her in the role after such a long absence from the screen. She was terrific!