This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

lotsa stuff + portland rules + showcase your hometown here.

Comments Showing 1-50 of 97 (97 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Malbadeen (last edited May 30, 2009 02:58PM) (new)

Malbadeen I hate that I logged on to my work email for like 2 seconds and my boss saw it and invited me to "chat" and then asked me to look at some HUGE documents and tell her "what I think". What I think is she is an ATROCIOUS writer and it's painful to be a part of this process (especially cuz I was getting a ton done in my yard today)

I hate that one of my friends wont quite bugging me to go to a stupid multi-year high school reunion thing tonight. STUUUUUUUUUPID!

I hate my "boyfriends" jealousy issue it's getting really old!

I hate that I ate a chocolate bar for lunch. And I hate that water is good for you.

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments I hate that for some reason I'm hornier than usual this week and that my last resort booty call said yes but I don't wanna go thru with it now...

message 3: by [deleted user] (last edited May 30, 2009 05:55PM) (new)

Marie: I HATE HATE HATE when people find me on Facebook & begin random chat sessions.

I Hate that I'm going to Ground Kontrol with some friends of mine tonight & not going to some stupi...actually that's not true. Look out Black Knight, you're givin' me a free game tonight!

I'm sorry no matter how hard I try, I still can't hate when you write "boyfriends" in quotation marks :)

I hate that I've gotten addicted to the brown rice spicy salmon sushi at Fred Myers & have bought it for lunch for the last TWO WEEKS (when? When will I be free of your sirens call brown rice sushi?)

Alfonso: You could tell her that she IS the last resort booty call & let this problem solve itself...

message 4: by Joe (new)

Joe (joediver50) Hey my somewhat friends,
Get your lazy ass up and go to your class reunion! I don't give a shit... the games are just games. Times have changed and things have changed over the years!
Go and have a most excellent time. If they matter they do not care that you were a nerd/geek/shy/dickhead or what the fuck ever. If they care about you it will be much better then you can ever imagine.

message 5: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) So, Marie, did you go? No way in hell would I have gone. It sounds like torture!

Servius  Heiner If facebook has taught me anything it is this. There are a lot of people from high school I don't want to talk to. Even fewer of them should be breathing. Stay home, drink and look closely at your jealous "boyfriend".

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Marie didn't go. She went out with me and our people. We had food, drinks, music and dancing that night, so I think she made the right choice.

Servius  Heiner right choice... check.

message 9: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments I would like to take this moment to say a couple of things:

First of all, you chose wisely, Marie. I wouldn’t go to a class reunion if they were holding it in my house, and I was bed-ridden.

Second, I too fell prey to Facebook. I signed up because I actually like my siblings and like to keep up with them, and I hate talking on the phone. Anyway, I signed up several months ago, and I have yet to see anything of my high school classmates. You might assume that my classmates just want nothing to do with me, and that’s probably true. But I think it’s owing in part to the fact that I joined under an alias (not Rusty Shackleford) and have only revealed myself to my siblings. Yes, other family members, and associates have found me, but I’ve managed to keep the “friends” to less than thirty. I’m pretty proud of that.

Okay, carry on.

message 10: by Malbadeen (new)

Malbadeen I should clarify this wasn't thee class reunion (the 20 year one). That happened this summer and I was a good sport and did go.

This reunion was a multi-year get together at a pub about 5 minutes from my house. The girl that wanted me to go with her is super/ridiculously insecure and puts waaaaaaaaaay too much time energy into worrying about this stuff. she's nice and I told her I'd be happy to get together with her anytime I just had a better option for that night. I like enough of those people well enough it's just that I didn't feel like being someone's security blanket while I could be out on a gorgeous summer night getting into bar fights with Sarah and pregnant woman.

message 11: by Malbadeen (new)

Malbadeen and also, SARAH! Is it true that that one girl pulled your hair and pushed you down?! Jorge said she did. I didn't see that?! I thought we were leaving cuz we were done with the show not cuz of that lame-o headed over protective freak-a-zoid blubber brained (and butted) bitch.

Did he see it wrong?

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't know about the hair pulling. It was all a blur. Brian danced me into the table, the huge-biceped rockabilly bitch pushed me and yelled at me, I said sorry and that I didn't mean to (I actually had no choice in the matter) and I left. I saw Jorge talking to her as I left, so maybe he told her off? I'm glad you didn't see it because you might've done something you'd regret!

I have a terrible bruise on my ankle.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

It should be noted that Sarah never gets pushed to the ground or has her hair pulled when she goes out with me, Marie!

Servius  Heiner Wow! violent hippies... what will Portland come up with next?

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Not a hippie--a rockabilly bitch!

Here are some rockabilly images to help you develop your schema:

[image error]

message 16: by Servius Heiner (last edited Jun 01, 2009 12:08PM) (new)

Servius  Heiner You should be proud to have been pushed down by a rockabilly. To annoy someone so annoying is something to be cherished.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, I'm not too bothered. Girls like that get off on feeling bad ass. At least there was no facial scarring or fat lips this time.

Servius  Heiner facial... I thought you two were fighting not getting frisky.

message 19: by Malbadeen (new)

Malbadeen I have a couple bruises too. I still can't believe I missed all that. agreed it's a good thing I did. perhapes it was happening during the time that I was telling the pregnant lady that she looked sexy in her short shorts - ?

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

It was when you were buying a cherry coke for the first guy Brian danced me into. This is all Brian's fault.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

This comes as no surprise to me!!

message 22: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) Me neither!

message 23: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Montambo,

You have hipsters, rockabillies, emos, and of course, regular hippies. How the hell do you have such a high concentration of freaks in an area with such a small population?

Or are they just drawn to you?

message 24: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 01, 2009 07:40PM) (new)

Perhaps our motto will shed some light:

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Now you want to move here, right?

And yes. That last one is a hipster.

message 26: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) I can see the irony in his face.

message 27: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) And YES! I totally want to move to Portland. Zeke was just fantasizing about McMenamins last night (and dreams of doing the same thing here) so we looked at all the pics on their website.

message 28: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Congratulations Montambo, you will never have to see my ugly mug wandering around your neck of the woods. Well played. Does anyone else want to chime in about how awful their area is, so I can avoid visiting?

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Amanda wrote: "I can see the irony in his face."

Hahahahahaaha!

Please move here. I go to McMenamins all the time! I will go get some photos of me having a BLAST there to persuade you.

message 30: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) Nope. You'd love Greensboro. If loving Greensboro is possible.

message 31: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) I'm already convinced! Email the pics to Zeke--it'll be like subliminal messaging!

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Bonus for Nick: Turns out a lot of our drinking photos at McMenamins look a little lezzie. Hmmm...

Marie copping a feel:
[image error]

My friend Melissa (and my dental hygienist):
[image error]

[image error]

Marie light-sabering with the Brian who danced me into a rockabilly bitch:
[image error]

[image error]

Hater Creator makes an appearance:
[image error]

message 33: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) Way to look lecherous, Steve!

message 34: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) Wearing a traffic cone hat is so freaking funny!

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

And Oregon is so freaking gorgeous! Look at the views from Steve's and my hike in Hood River last weekend:

[image error]

[image error]

[image error]

[image error]

[image error]

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Everyone should show and tell their area here in this thread!

message 37: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) Oh, that IS so beautiful... Wow... That makes me want to go hiking tomorrow! I love views of water and trees together. My dream life would be running a local bar, off the water, in a city with colorful homes and gardens everywhere. Not quite like your hiking pics, but close!

message 38: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 01, 2009 08:14PM) (new)

That hike is in Hood River, which has a totally hip and artsy town and three breweries (Full Sail and Big Horse and Double Mountain). Open a tea shop and bakery! I could drive there on weekends:

Once I had a softball tournament there and my friends and I took a two-hour walk in an apple orchard:

And it's only an hour from Portland and an hour to Mt. Hood and two and a half hours to the beach! And it's the windsurfing capital of the Pacific NW, so lots of beautiful athletic hippie types in the Summer.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

And we could go every Summer to the Shakespeare Festival in Ashland:

And you could sell your wares at the Saturday Market:

Blues Festival!

[image error]

Its nickname is Bridgetown because it has scads of bridges that Marie likes to persuade us to walk across at night.

[image error]

message 40: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) :(

I kinda hate my life now...

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Lives are long, Mandy. There's time. You just keep us in mind.

You at least have to visit! You can stay with me.

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

Amanda wrote: "Way to look lecherous, Steve!"

What're you talking about? I'm totally maintaining eye contact!

message 43: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (countessofblooms) The trick about the bridges is that they look nice and short when you're gazing down at them, but once you're walking across grow infinitely larger. I have called friends before to let them know that I'm stuck on the Burnside bridge because it won't stop growing.

Also, Sarah, those pics of Hood River are beautiful! I definitely need to make it out there soon. I love Oregon in the summertime, so much greatness distilled into 12 short weeks.

message 44: by Matthieu (new)

Matthieu Home

No love for eastern PA?

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

That's what we're waiting for, Matthew. Proceed.

message 46: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) I'd post some local pictures but 1) i don't have them hosted 2) i don't know how to post them on Goodreads and 3) i'm lazy. But here's some spider lily pics anyway: http://images.google.com/images?hl=en...

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

You can upload them in the photos section of The Haters Club. No hosting required, as we'll host them for you. Voila!

http://www.goodreads.com/photo/group/...

Just click "Add More Photos" and then browse your computer for the photo. Tada!

message 48: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) 3) i'm lazy

message 49: by Kasia (new)

Kasia **kicks Tom in the ass**

That's for being lazy.

Back to the topics - I loooooved the pictures Sarah! Real nice. You too Matt.

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Can't wait for your pictures, Kasia! You are obviously not too lazy because you kicked Tom for that. You hate lazy.

« previous 1