Romance Society discussion

Welcome/About

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 27, 2009 09:53PM) (new)

I liked the name, and the concept. A society of romantic people. Hopeless romantics sometimes. The other relationship groups tend to be unorganized and fuzzy. So, I thought I'd give it a shot, and now you have what you see before you.

Why romance? I too, am a romantic. I give inexperienced advice, and use my charm to bring people around. Most of my time not spent on obligations is spent thinking, thinking about relationships, and life. Which is where this group comes in.

Welcome to the group! Feel free to introduce yourself here.

Lady Ivory Rose (brightangel22) I've lived through all of my advice that I sometimes give. I joined because I've gone through so much because of guys and I'm only 13! Thanks for creating this site because it could change a lot of girls' lives! I felt so lost when I lost my best friend and the guy that I literally loved. I got him back, but not fully. I can't talk to him right and I wish that there had been a site like this when I needed it the most, so I hope that other girls find it! :) Sorry if that was a little dramatic. LOL, I like being dramatic, but sadly all that I sad was true.

message 3: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 27, 2009 09:55PM) (new)

Em Rose, your words truly touch me. And I do hope that someone will get help here.

P.S: When it comes to relationships, nothing is over dramatic. Even when its over dramatic. :)

Lady Ivory Rose (brightangel22) LOL, I agree all of the way. Saying you had an ex-boyfriend is way more fun than saying boyfriend. I have a partial exboyfriend, but it doesn't count because it was on a blind date that my friends set up with some random guy that was their friend. He asked me out on another date, but I refused because when I like one guy, I stick to him! What about you? Which do you think is more fun to say?

message 5: by Gregory (new)

Gregory Brengauz (yesenin2000) | 6 comments My first book when I began to read (at age 7) was Don Quixote. Now in my 70s am still romantic but hopeful.
Is there a place for hopeful romantics?

message 6: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 04, 2009 10:54AM) (new)

Gregory wrote: "My first book when I began to read (at age 7) was Don Quixote. Now in my 70s am still romantic but hopeful.
Is there a place for hopeful romantics? "

This is a place for all romantics, Gregory, if you dont get irritated with our lack of experience, maybe you can teach us a thing or two. :)

message 7: by Gregory (new)

Gregory Brengauz (yesenin2000) | 6 comments I feel myself like in a rose garden. No, roses do not irritate me, but rather caress. What would you like me to teach you, Melizz? Maybe I could.

From PERSIAN MOTIVES

The air is clear and fragrant.
I’ll walk on the blossoming soft earth.
“In the distance, wandering vagrant,
You won’t ever reach the desert!”
The air is clear and fragrant.

You’ll pass a meadow like a garden –
A garden full of wild flowers.
It will make your eyes shine ardent,
Touching carnations and clovers,
You’ll pass a meadow like a garden.

Murmur or whisper’s foment,
Tender as the songs of Saadi.
Your eyes will reflect for a moment
The moon’s yellow body,
Tender as the songs of Saadi.

The voice of my darling sounds
Like a flute, gentle and quiet;
In strong embrace I’m bound
To forget my worry and riot;
A flute only, gentle and quiet.

This is the fate of a vagrant,
For those on the road, worn out.
The wind refreshing, fragrant.
I drink with thirsty mouth
The wind refreshing, fragrant.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Wow, that's deep.
When you said you read Don Quixote, what is it about?
I saw a movie called "The Man of La Mancha" and it's about Don Quixote and theses are my favorite quotes from that movie:

"I have dreamed thee too long
Never seen thee or touched thee
but known thee with all of my heart
Half a prayer, half a song
Thou hast always been with me though
we have been always apart"
-Dulcinea

"I've been a soldier and a slave. I've seen my comrades fall in battle or die more slowly under the lash in Africa. I've held them in my arms at the final moment. These were men who saw life as it is, yet they died despairing. No glory, no brave last words, only their eyes, filled with confusion, questioning "Why?" I don't think they were wondering why they were dying, but why they had ever lived. When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? To surrender dreams - -this may be madness; to seek treasure where there is only trash. Too much sanity may be madness! But maddest of all - -to see life as it is and not as it should be."
-Miguel de Cervantes

message 9: by Marissa (new)

Marissa | 104 comments wow, this group iz overwhelming. i still think bout my ex-bf. i thought i loved him. it waz so stupid to think tht. in fact, i had a dream about him. i hated it.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Marissa wrote: "wow, this group iz overwhelming."

Erm..Thank you? :S

Marissa wrote: "i still think bout my ex-bf. i thought i loved him. it waz so stupid to think tht."

We all get confused when it comes to emotions, especially at a young age. We all want love so much we tend to manufacture it, especially romantics. It's not stupid, it happens to the best of us. When you are really in love, you wont need to say it, or think it. You will just feel it. And you're allowed to think about someone that was in your life at one point. Good luck with the nightmares. :)

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

sorry, I know nothing of love but I have a lot of examples with four older brothers, the youngest is 19. One is married and two are engaged.

message 12: by Marissa (new)

Marissa | 104 comments Melzz,

i ment tht the group iz overwhelming in a good way. :)

and, i didnt have any nightmares last night. so, lets hope it goes well!

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

*Fingers Crossed*

message 14: by Marissa (new)

Marissa | 104 comments *crosses fingers*

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

*crosses fingers*

message 16: by Marissa (new)

Marissa | 104 comments hope it goes well!

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

KK, I'm sorry but I'm leaving greads. I hope i made some difference to you guys and love in general. Thanx a ton for the support.

Love ya <3

P.S.
I'll be checking in for Marc's song.

message 18: by Marissa (new)

Marissa | 104 comments hi Jon! and, tht suxs about ur relationships. ive been there.

and u wont bother us. :)

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

I have a feeling you won't bore us, thanks for introducing yourself as well. Welcome!

message 20: by Sara (new)

Sara Stephenson | 36 comments Hey! I'm Sara(aka Jane) I was here when there were about three people in this group( it's changed a lot) and I was invited by Marc from Twilight lovers.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome party for Sara is in the "Love Songs" thread...If you can call it a party, it's definitly welcoming...

...I think.

message 22: by Sara (new)

Sara Stephenson | 36 comments lol,

what is a "thread"? is it kinda like a topic?

message 23: by Sara (new)

Sara Stephenson | 36 comments Melzz wrote: "Welcome party for Sara is in the "Love Songs" thread...If you can call it a party, it's definitly welcoming...

...I think."

I did all the ones that say "deleted member"

message 24: by Nathan (new)

Nathan (warnapoko) | 117 comments Yeh, "thread" is just another name for "topic". Like, "Jane" is just another name for "Sara" ;) apparently

message 25: by Sara (new)

Sara Stephenson | 36 comments I gotcha now!

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey, everyone. It's been a while since this group has been active, but I just wanted to let you guys know that I'm no longer going to be here. I'm leaving GoodReads, and spending more time in real life. I think it will be easier for me to stay away if this account is gone permanently.

The next moderator can be any one of you who chooses to become one. All you have to do is go to the front of the group page under the moderators section and click the button to elect yourself.

When I'm gone, this post and every other post I've made will say "deleted member". I hope you romantics will be able to tell who I am, if and when you ever choose to look back on our past wonderful conversations. I encourage you all to continue the discussions here about love, life, and relationships. Who knows if someone will discover our talks at some point and gain something valuable from it.

Love,
Melzz