Eco Friends discussion

Swine Flu

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kaitie♥ (new)

Kaitie♥ (HoodiesGirl) | 1516 comments Mod
H1N1 Case has started in Mexico. It's a new strain, something they've never seen. A mix of the pig, human, and i think bug flu. Doctor's are starting to say it's mild, people should only go to the doctor if they have respiratory problems. But still, I think it's a problem. What do you think?

message 2: by Kaitie♥ (new)

(Sorry, gotta go!)

message 3: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) I think that it's not much of a problem...now. I mean yes it is a virs that hasn't been seen before and that virses are always changing but the normal flu kills more people each year then the Swine Flu has. But it still could change and come back stronger during flu season. I guess we just have to wait and see......

message 4: by Kaitie♥ (new)

I think it's bad, but not the worst that's ever happened. I mean, it is a new strain, nothing noone's ever seen before, but it helps build your immune system, making it stronger and more prepared

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Parker (sarahlizaparker) I think swine flu is VERY bad.It is coming from mexicans coming to america.so what I think we should do is we should block off the WHOLE boundary and to get into America you have to become a citizen first.

Doodle Bug Sunshine Of The World (emily_38199) They did for a while, im not sure if they are still not letting American's travel to Mexico, but they were doing that.

message 7: by Kaitie♥ (new)

Hmmmm, I'd have to think about that

message 8: by Lilli (new)

Lilli (lillig) I saw on the news that swine flu mutates (mutate means a virus gets stronger and scientists have to make a new vacine.) If swine flu mutates it will be disaster. Then it would be a problem but I don't think its a problem right now.

message 9: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) Max, sometimes you are SO racist. You remind me of Mr. Neck (charater from Speak, good book).

The swine flu's not that bad. And yes they are still letting people go to Mexico.

You ask why it's not so bad? Well, it's TREATABLE! It only has kills people in the US that were either really young or have other health problems. It's not that bad!

message 10: by Dibily Do (new)

Dibily Do but here is also a other bad thing....the Super high way....they are building a High way from Mexico to Canada!

message 11: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) Cool! I mean not cool for the planet (cars and all) but it seems cool.

It's true, though. Because of all of today's international travel, virses and other illnesses can spread faster.

message 12: by Dibily Do (new)

Dibily Do ya....

message 13: by Kaitie♥ (new)

Yes it's curable, but like Lillian says, viruses and fu's do mutate and it can cause disasters

message 14: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) Yah, but for now it's no be deal. But the news made it seem like one.......

message 15: by Dibily Do (new)

Dibily Do ya...for some reason....the news always makes it a huge deal.

message 16: by Kaitie♥ (new)

Well, they do want to inform people, even if it's scarying the pants off them

~Joe Jonas lvr~ Karishma (joejonaslvr) | 12 comments its actaully a bird flu it came from a bird which was immune to it went to a pig which was also immune to it then came to us freaking us out cuz some kid died

message 18: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) All the news stations care about is ratings. I mean they want to inform us, but they seem to take addvage of people freaking out. NPR (or MPR, I'm not really sure....) seems to be the best at giving the whole side of a story.

message 19: by Kaitie♥ (new)

Ya, good point Karishma.
NPR is awesome at giving out news!

message 20: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) Yah, I really like them.

message 21: by Kaitie♥ (new)

They actually make news very intresting...or at least more than normla!

message 22: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Parker (sarahlizaparker) talk about random.........

message 23: by Kaitie♥ (new)

Hey, you're more random! :)

message 24: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Parker (sarahlizaparker) sure..........................

message 25: by Dibily Do (new)

Dibily Do The H1N1 flu seams like its getting worse

message 26: by Dibily Do (new)

Dibily Do Its odd....in these days when Obama is pres. the H1N1 flu disappeared. Its like it vanished from the news and papers. We do not hear it killing any more people. Odd.....