Cozy Mysteries discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived > Introduce yourself

Comments Showing 1-50 of 2,339 (2339 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 46 47

message 1: by ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ, Cozy Mysteries Group Owner (new)

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ (BriansGirlKate) | 1574 comments Mod
A place to introduce yourself to the group. :)

message 2: by Sharmon (last edited Sep 20, 2013 10:30AM) (new)

Sharmon (tpgirl) | 77 comments Hi, Sharmon from Michigan, not a writer just LOVE cozy mysteries. I really love Donna Andrews, Susan Wittig Albert, Monica Ferris, Ann Purser and many others.

message 3: by Melodie (last edited Sep 20, 2013 01:18PM) (new)

Melodie (MelodieCO) | 5253 comments John wrote: "Hi,
My name is John Molloy and I am an author. My latest book currently on ebook is 'THE ATLAS MURDERS' this is a crime thriller with a difference and I would like anyone who has read it to comment..."

You should have put this under "self-promotion". And since it looks like your book is a thriller and not a cozy, why did you post on a clearly labeled "cozy" board? Briansgirl, I think we have another spammer.

message 4: by ❂ Jennifer (new)

❂ Jennifer  (jennevans) | 2301 comments I'm going to start collecting the self-promoters-where-they-don't-belong and make a list of them to avoid every buying their books....

Not to mention those that don't bother to read a group's rules before posting.

message 5: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 21, 2013 11:33AM) (new)

I'm Ginny!!!!

I am from the united states of america.

message 6: by Temperance (new)

Temperance Hi everyone!
I'm Temperance :)

message 7: by ❂ Jennifer (new)

❂ Jennifer  (jennevans) | 2301 comments Welcome Ginny and Temperance! :)

message 8: by Temperance (new)

Temperance thanks :)

message 9: by ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ, Cozy Mysteries Group Owner (new)

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ (BriansGirlKate) | 1574 comments Mod
Okay, deleted the spammer. Sorry ladies. His profile showed he just joined GRs, no books but his own he's currently reading, no reviews, and only thing he'd done is join us.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

❂ Jennifer wrote: "Welcome Ginny and Temperance! :)"

THANKs!!!!:)

message 11: by Susan (new)

Susan (SusanStokes) | 29 comments Melodie wrote: "John wrote: "Hi,
My name is John Molloy and I am an author. My latest book currently on ebook is 'THE ATLAS MURDERS' this is a crime thriller with a difference and I would like anyone who has read ..."
Hi John Molly Please Disregard the Classless Post By Melodie...You will find your Way around Goodreads..And if she Reports you for Spam I'll Alert GR's And BriansGirl You are a Moderator?Then Apologize to John Molloy,Respect our Authors..

message 12: by ☯Emily (new)

☯Emily  | 47324 comments Susan wrote: "Melodie wrote: "John wrote: "Hi,
My name is John Molloy and I am an author. My latest book currently on ebook is 'THE ATLAS MURDERS' this is a crime thriller with a difference and I would like anyo..."

He needs to put his post under self-promotion. One of the signs of a spammer is an author who joins a group just to promote his book. If John had joined the group, participated in the discussions and THEN put his book in the self-promotion section, there would not have been a problem.

message 13: by Deb (new)

Deb | 9 comments Hi I'm Deb from the US - Connecticut. I love reading all types of mystery thrillers and suspense especially curling up on a SAT or SUN when it rains....Hi everyone!

message 14: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (MelodieCO) | 5253 comments Susan wrote: "Melodie wrote: "John wrote: "Hi,
My name is John Molloy and I am an author. My latest book currently on ebook is 'THE ATLAS MURDERS' this is a crime thriller with a difference and I would like anyo..."

So sorry to have offended your delicate sensibilities, Susan, but spamming is spamming....PERIOD! And that is exactly what the post, which Briansgirl did remove, was. I support all the authors who post here and join in. The only thing he was doing was promoting his book, which goes under self-promotion, and it wasn't even a cozy mystery. When an author shows up and the only post you ever get from this is "buy my book!", count on it, I'll never even look at the book, much less actually consider buying it. Join in on a discussion, show a little interest, and the story is different. We have lots of good authors here, who are also good people, and I respect them for treating us like friends and not just wallets!

message 15: by Eva (new)

Eva Gerus | 86 comments I agree, and think personally that this group is about sharing our common love for books, especially cozies. I do agree with Melodie, that this is not a forum to advertise books, or promote it. I would have never been here, if this was a promotion forum !

message 16: by Susan (new)

Susan (SusanStokes) | 29 comments Melodie wrote: "Susan wrote: "Melodie wrote: "John wrote: "Hi,
My name is John Molloy and I am an author. My latest book currently on ebook is 'THE ATLAS MURDERS' this is a crime thriller with a difference and I w..."

What a Pity you are so uptight and Angry...And I am Huge Cozy Reader Among other Genres as well...Have never read such a Nasty Post on GR's..Back off Melodie and lets keep this Group Civil...

message 17: by Melodie (last edited Sep 21, 2013 06:19PM) (new)

Melodie (MelodieCO) | 5253 comments Susan wrote: "Melodie wrote: "Susan wrote: "Melodie wrote: "John wrote: "Hi,
My name is John Molloy and I am an author. My latest book currently on ebook is 'THE ATLAS MURDERS' this is a crime thriller with a di..."

I have nothing to apologize for or back-off from, and one thing I have never been accused of being is uptight and angry. We'll just agree to disagree on that. This group has always been one of the most civil I belong to here on GR. I would imagine I won't be getting a "friend" request from you?

message 18: by Annette (new)

Annette | 5 comments Hi everyone, my name is Annette, from Ontario Canada. Not a writer, just love reading, all type of books expect autobiographies by people who have not done or accomplish anything to write about.

message 19: by Anil (new)

Anil Bhatt (anilbhatt) Hi all, i am Anil from india. Lately got hooked to reading.

message 20: by ❂ Jennifer (new)

❂ Jennifer  (jennevans) | 2301 comments John was spamming - absolutely no question. Briansgirl has a post pinned to the top of the Admin section called: Self-Promotions Rules! Please read before posting! Obviously, John did not bother reading the rules, because the rules are meant for other people, obviously.

Speaking just for myself, I am sick to death of self promoting authors - I really struggle with the ones that *do* participate in the discussions but manage to plug their book at the same time, so this kind of blatant, rule-breaking post puts me over the edge. I for one am thankful that Briansgirl doesn't put up with it.

message 21: by ❂ Jennifer (new)

❂ Jennifer  (jennevans) | 2301 comments And welcome Annette - we're normally very friendly - we've just had a rash of spamming authors and feeling a bit cranky at the moment. :D

If you like lighter mysteries, you'll find so end of recommendations here.

message 22: by Lee (new)

Lee Budz | 3 comments Hello, just joining the group, I'm Lee from Seattle, college student majoring in Botany. Favorite kind of books are sci-fi and fantasy books, but a lot of my favorite ones always focus on a good mystery.

message 23: by Jeanne (new)

Jeanne Quigley (JeanneQ) | 211 comments Hi. I'm Jeanne from New York. A few of my favorite cozy authors are M.C. Beaton, Joanne Fluke, Karen MacInerney, Alexander McCall Smith and, of course, Agatha Christie. I recently discovered Elizabeth Duncan's Penny Brannigan series. I'm looking forward to discovering great cozies here!

message 24: by ❂ Jennifer (new)

❂ Jennifer  (jennevans) | 2301 comments Welcome Lee and Jeanne!

message 25: by Jo (new)

Jo Lamore | 3 comments Hello all!

I'm Jo from New Mexico, USA and my favorite reads are mostly cozy mysteries. My favorite cozy mystery authors are Shirley Rousseau Murphy (Joe Cat), Susan Wittig Albert (Beatrix Potter series) and Diane Mott Davidson (Goldy Schultz) among many others. I look forward to learning about other authors I might not know about yet.

Glad to virtually meet ya!

Jo

message 26: by Mindy (last edited Sep 23, 2013 09:23AM) (new)

Mindy Quigley | 58 comments ❂ Jennifer wrote: "John was spamming - absolutely no question. Briansgirl has a post pinned to the top of the Admin section called: Self-Promotions Rules! Please read before posting! Obviously, John did not bothe..."

This kind of internet behavior is really funny to me. Would you walk into a room full of strangers at a party and pull out a case full of knock-off Rolex watches to sell?!

Anyway I'm Mindy, a reader, writer and mom who recently moved to Blacksburg, VA from Scotland. I love the cozy genre mostly because I like that the villains are real people with character flaws, instead of just psychos who love killing and sit around stroking their white cats all day. Too many crime books are all about the blood and gross-out factor. I want a relatable sleuth and fun characters, not a huge body count and lunatic villain who does macrame with her victims' body hair or whatever. Glad to (virtually) meet my fellow cozy peeps!

message 27: by Kathi (new)

Kathi Daley (KathiDaley) | 15 comments Hi, my name is Kathi Daley. I am a cozy mystery writer who lives in Lake Tahoe and this is my very first post on Goodreads so bear with me. My favorite books to read are cozy mysteries but every now and then I'm up for a good thriller or juicy romance as well. I have two Bernese Mountain Dogs (I call them my boys), two adult children, six grandchildren, and a wonderful husband of 35 years. I enjoy, hiking, biking, wakeboarding, kayaking, snowshoeing, and pretty much every other outdoor venture. I'm very excited to be part of this group. Read on!

message 28: by Suzy (new)

Suzy (suzyplatt) | 2 comments hi new to this group I love all kinds of books, I love Barbara Erskine books especially, and the perfect accompaniment to a good book is defin7tely a cup of tea! my name is Suzy btw and im a full time mum to my 3 children

message 29: by Beth (new)

Beth | 620 comments Welcome to the group, Suzy, Kathi, Mindy, Jo, Jeanne, Lee, Alexandrea, Anil, Annette, and anyone else I missed!

message 30: by Kathi (new)

Kathi Daley (KathiDaley) | 15 comments I've enjoyed this discussion. Having people mention their favorite books or authors helps to introduce me to authors I haven't read yet. This seems like a good group. I'm glad I joined.

message 31: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda Gibson (RhondaGibson) | 8 comments Hi everyone,

I'm Rhonda and I love Emily brightwell, Lorna Barrett and many other cozy authors. Glad I found this group :-)

message 32: by Sunny!! (new)

Sunny!! | 40 comments Hello everyone,

i m sunny and i love reading all fantasies, magics, mysteries. I'm new to this site and to this group.
thank u :)

message 33: by Eva (new)

Eva Gerus | 86 comments A big Welcome and Hello to all of you. Because of this group, I found a lot of new authors I did not know. What a pleasure it is to share my comments about new books and entries. I found so many good and interesting books because of this group. I just love to see the comments.

message 34: by Ian (new)

Ian Ashley (Ash53) | 10 comments Hi my name is Ian - saw this group advertised in a thread on LinkedIn - old fashioned I know but I do love a good cosy mystery - and why not?

message 35: by ☯Emily (new)

☯Emily  | 47324 comments Welcome, Ian. Cozies are the best!

message 36: by Shubha (new)

Shubha Sarma (ShubhaSarma) | 2 comments Hi. I've always loved mysteries and would love to interact with other members.

message 37: by Patrice Marie (new)

Patrice Marie | 1 comments Hi my name is Patrice. I'm from Ohio. I'm new to Good Reads. I enjoy a good mystery and am looking forward to recommendations on things to read.

message 38: by Shayne (new)

Shayne (buggesi) | 1 comments Hi! I'm Shayne from South Carolina. I love to read a good cozy mystery. I love to crochet and eat good food! Looking forward to being a part of this group!

message 39: by Siv-Anita (new)

Siv-Anita (Sivangj) | 2 comments Hi I'm Siv-Anita, from Norway. Love all kind of book but prefer a good mystery or fantasy. One of my fav autor is Camilla Läckberg. Looking forward to being a member of this group and maybe finding one or two of the recommendations translated to my Language :)

message 40: by Ian (new)

Ian Ashley (Ash53) | 10 comments Thank you for the warm 'cosy' welcome - sorry I never said ... I'm from Newbury in Berkshire UK - ( 60 miles due west of London just in case anybody has a map out!)

message 41: by Ian (new)

Ian Ashley (Ash53) | 10 comments .....errr reading back through the comments I guess I landed at a rough time :-)

message 42: by Ian (new)

Ian Ashley (Ash53) | 10 comments ☯Emily wrote: "Welcome, Ian. Cozies are the best!"

Thanks Emily

message 43: by Ian (new)

Ian Ashley (Ash53) | 10 comments Mindy wrote: "❂ Jennifer wrote: "John was spamming - absolutely no question. Briansgirl has a post pinned to the top of the Admin section called: Self-Promotions Rules! Please read before posting! Obviously..."

Hi Mindy - does that mean you're a Rebus fan?

message 44: by ☯Emily (new)

☯Emily  | 47324 comments Ian wrote: ".....errr reading back through the comments I guess I landed at a rough time :-)"

It is not normally like this. I hope you enjoy this site.

message 45: by Christina (new)

Christina Hartline (TazKatt) | 1 comments Hello Everyone! I'm Christina, I am not a writer or anything I just love reading.

message 46: by Ann (new)

Ann Leymaster | 1 comments Hello, I'm Ann from Iowa. I love to read, and I tend to stalk these boards looking for good books.

message 47: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (MelodieCO) | 5253 comments ☯Emily wrote: "Nikki wrote: "Hum....a lot of whining going on.
Is this a good group to join?"

If you don't like it, you can leave."

Hmmmmmmm......seems I saw Nikki use just exactly those same words somewhere else.

message 48: by ❂ Jennifer (new)

❂ Jennifer  (jennevans) | 2301 comments ☯Emily wrote: "Nikki wrote: "Hum....a lot of whining going on.
Is this a good group to join?"

If you don't like it, you can leave."

Indeed. We respect each other in this group. You're behaviour in this post and in other groups makes me wonder if you can?

message 49: by Lynda (new)

Lynda Wilcox (Lyndawrites) | 60 comments Hi, everyone.

My name is Lynda and I live in a small town in the heart of rural England.
My favourite cosy mysteries are those by Agatha Christie but I also enjoy mediaeval cosies, like the Brother Cadfael series. I'd go so far as to see that cosies make up about 90 percent of my reading.

I'm looking forward to meeting you all and getting some recommendations for great cosy reads.

I also write cosy mysteries, but will post elsewhere about that.

message 50: by Kathi (new)

Kathi Daley (KathiDaley) | 15 comments Welcome Una and Lynda. I'm still learning how to best use the site as well but so far it's been fun and informative.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 46 47
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.