We're the Kids of America discussion

Clash of the Titans

Comments Showing 1-50 of 854 (854 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 17 18

message 1: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) | 1197 comments Me and Jayda duke it out. Weigh in.

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

message 2: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) | 1197 comments Thanks.

message 3: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) | 1197 comments Hahaha yea.

message 4: by Jayda (new)

Jayda Haha, I love the title xD
I'll try to respond tomorrow but I'm going to do a job tomorrow morning and then I have to get ready for a sleepover and do chores and on Saturday I'm going to my friend's swim meet, so I'm not sure exactly when I'll be able to respond. :)

message 5: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) | 1197 comments Well I'm writing the 2nd essay now. I'd like you to respond with either a through post or a decent essay.

message 6: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) | 1197 comments Jason wrote: "well i cant say i agree with you, davis, but great essay"

Ehhh, mediocre at best.

message 7: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) | 1197 comments ♥ Rachel♥ wrote: "how old r u, davis? bcuz if ur l8 high school up, it's sorta average, otherwise, no, it's amazing."

I'm 16.

message 8: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) | 1197 comments Oh. Maybe that explains why you have unfounded conservative opinions.

message 9: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) | 1197 comments Wow, you really are young, it is so obvious now.

message 10: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) | 1197 comments I don't look at people's pictures.

message 11: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) | 1197 comments Hahaa, sorry, I don't really care what anyone on here looks like.

message 12: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) | 1197 comments I thought you were 16 or 17, just kinda stupid for your age.

message 13: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 2196 comments Davis wrote: "I thought you were 16 or 17, just kinda stupid for your age."

XD!!!

(and yeah, i got the stupid part from u calling me a simpleton.)

JASON UR 12 2??!! k party 4 the 12-year-olds *kicks davis out*

message 14: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) | 1197 comments Well, the bible endorses slavery. It allows endorses hatred for homosexuals, who are no different than I. It also teaches to be intolerant of others. I think that people skip over the thing Jesus said about 'helping the least among us' because I never hear any conservatives say anything about it. Maybe Rush Limbaugh cut that section out of this Bible and hid pills there.

But yes, the reason my intelligence flourished is that instead of being taught a certain way, I was allowed to develop my own beliefs. I wasn't told I had to love Christ, do what the Bible said, etc. I was allowed to define my own set of morality and that made me a better person.

message 15: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 2196 comments u urself said u were once addicted 2 pills. (i shall now 4ever bring that up whenever u talk about rush limbaugh)
(that doesn't even apply 2 me ^_^ cuz jewish *happy now!*)

and my parents never forced jewdaism on me, they themselves were never religious, but i decided 2 try it when i was 8 or 9 bcuz un-religous jews r still jews by heritage
so HA! did that make me a better person?

cuz it did not necessarily make u a better person.

message 16: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) | 1197 comments "1191275 u urself said u were once addicted 2 pills"

And I overcame it, was honest with everyone around me, made my amends for the things I did. Rush is just a big, fat, idiot and played the blame game.

The thing about Rush is that for years he ranted against drug addicts when we was one himself. That would be like me saying I hated liberals.

message 17: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) | 1197 comments ♥ Rachel♥ wrote: ":P

i shall still bring it up. (what's with the 1191275?)"

idk, its part of the cute. You can bring it up all you want, it doesn't mean anything. Rush Limbaugh is still a prick.

message 18: by Lauren, radical atheist...beware! (new)

Lauren (djinni) | 2702 comments Mod
"well, my christian faith was offended when you said that the bible endorsed blind hatred. also you said that your intelligence flourished because you left christ. i dissagree, i consider myself very smart (for a 12 year-old) and i believe in God. i just wanna know whats so bad about my church is all"

Have you seen the news about the Irish Catholic pedophilia scandal?

message 19: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Borland (kgborland) i'm 16. Sense we were talking about ages a while ago :D

Why are we talking about pedophilia? lol

message 20: by Davis (new)

message 21: by Lauren, radical atheist...beware! (new)

message 22: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Borland (kgborland) Thats just wrong. They still need to take into account that they're 1 billion catholics so stuff like this was bound to happen but still...eww. *shivers*

I already read it davis :P

message 23: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 498 comments sad and disgusting.
our family used to be hardcore catholics, but it is stuff like this that makes me wonder...

message 24: by Jayda (new)

Jayda Davis wrote: "Oh. Maybe that explains why you have unfounded conservative opinions. "

You realize that most young people AREN'T conservatives because they're being taught democratic ways in school, right? Saying that the reason she has conservative viewpoints is because she's young is really ridiculous.

message 25: by Davis (last edited May 30, 2009 12:30PM) (new)

Davis (davismattek) | 1197 comments Jayda wrote: "Davis wrote: "Oh. Maybe that explains why you have unfounded conservative opinions. "

You realize that most young people AREN'T conservatives because they're being taught democratic ways in scho..."

She learns it from her parents/environment obviously. And also, it isn't true at all that schools are 'liberal'. In my last semester of junior year, every single one of my teachers voted for McCain.

message 26: by Lauren, radical atheist...beware! (new)

"You realize that most young people AREN'T conservatives because they're being taught democratic ways in school, right? Saying that the reason she has conservative viewpoints is because she's young is really ridiculous."

Schools are liberal? Is teaching evolution all it takes to be liberal? There is no political agenda in schools, just learning.

message 27: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) | 1197 comments "Schools are liberal? Is teaching evolution all it takes to be liberal? There is no political agenda in schools, just learning."

It depends on your school and the region that it is in. You can conservative, liberal or moderate teachers who will of course, like any teacher, put in their opinions.

message 28: by Lauren, radical atheist...beware! (new)

I would guess my school isn't too conservative, as we have a Gay-Straight Alliance and other liberaly-stuffz.

message 29: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) | 1197 comments Lauren wrote: "I would guess my school isn't too conservative, as we have a Gay-Straight Alliance and other liberaly-stuffz. "

My school is Salina, Kansas. Huckabee won the Republican primary here; we're pretty conservative here to say the least.

message 30: by Lauren, radical atheist...beware! (new)

North Jersey. Kansas? That would be so bad for me, I wouldn't live there, I could never live anywhere south or midwest.

message 31: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) | 1197 comments Lauren wrote: "North Jersey. Kansas? That would be so bad for me, I wouldn't live there, I could never live anywhere south or midwest. "

Ehhh, it's helped me realize that conservatives are just products of their environment and if you aren't allowed to learn yourself you will just learn to reflect that which is around you.

message 32: by Jayda (last edited May 30, 2009 01:35PM) (new)

Jayda You realize that I've been democrat before, right? And after studying and choosing BY MYSELF, I chose to become conservative? Assume and you become an ass. Ever heard of that saying? I believe you prove it :)

message 33: by Lauren, radical atheist...beware! (new)

It was on an epic episode of The Odd Couple, "Felix's Strife in Court" or some such. "When you assume, you make an ass of you and me.

*geek moment over*

message 34: by Jayda (new)

Jayda Close enough xD You made me laugh, Lauren ^^

message 35: by Lauren, radical atheist...beware! (new)

XD

message 36: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) | 1197 comments Jayda wrote: "You realize that I've been democrat before, right? And after studying and choosing BY MYSELF, I chose to become conservative? Assume and you become an ass. Ever heard of that saying? I believe you ..."

I wasn't speaking about you at all Jayda.

message 37: by Jayda (new)

Jayda But you feel the same way about me, don't you? Because that's pretty much what you've said/implied the entire time you've debated me.

message 38: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) | 1197 comments I feel like you have been badly misled by those around you, yes.

message 39: by Jayda (new)

Jayda Then there was a point to what I said. And I repeat:

You realize that I've been democrat before, right? And after studying and choosing BY MYSELF, I chose to become conservative.

So how was I misled when I was studying by myself and doing my research?

message 40: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) | 1197 comments I am done arguing this. You are a product of you environment, the same way I am of mine.

I would like if you write an essay similar to mine that explains why you became a conservative, I really am interested. Who knows, maybe you will gain some respect from me.

message 41: by Jayda (new)

Jayda Alright, than I'll be done arguing it as well :)

I'll try to find the time to write one, but I won't guarantee anything, including quality if I do manage to get around to it.

message 42: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) | 1197 comments Well, seeing as I put time and effort into mine, I think its only fair that I at least get something half of the quality as mine. Now, given, I have spent years becoming the essayist I am today, but still. I am sick of fighting with you and getting nowhere. The point of this isn't empty debate. I want to know why you believe the way you do and why you think that it will help our country.

Hell, you didn't even respond to my 2nd essay.

message 43: by Jayda (new)

Jayda Because I haven't had the time to even read your 2nd essay. I told you that I'd get around to it when I had the time.

I understand that you put time and effort into your essay and response. It doesn't mean that I have the time to create one with half of the quality of yours. I'm also sick of fighting with you and getting nowhere. Like I said, I'll TRY to get around to it but I might just simply not have the time.

message 44: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) | 1197 comments Well, whatever. I know that if someone essentially proved my entire political belief system incorrect, It would burn me a little more than it seems to be with you.

However, I do anxiously await your response.

message 45: by Katie (new)

Katie | 101 comments Okay Davis, take this as a question and don't take it very personally, Are you bipolar? You go from saying im done with debating to having 2 have the last word? you act as if you hate her just cause she is a conservative(like me) and then you want her to look at your work just cause your a democratic and your trying to change her opinion, don't you know shes hard headed when it comes to politics? you should know this by now.

message 46: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 498 comments His writing are very well written, and brings up very good points. Instead of just fighting with each other we should all do what he does. Assess the situation, and write about your findings. I think we all have much to learn before we become hard headed in what we believe. :)

message 47: by Katie (new)

Katie | 101 comments okay, i understand that, but he keeps saying all of his views are right and eveyone has their own opinions... there are liberians here, not just liberals.

message 48: by Jayda (new)

Jayda *Libertarians, dear <3

I do agree that they are well written, but I also agree with Katie that there are people here with different opinions. But that's as far as I'm getting into this conversation xD

message 49: by Katie (new)

Katie | 101 comments ya... i mean, this debate can go on and on....

message 50: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 498 comments and on...

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 17 18