Q&A with Jayce O'Neal discussion

Kid's Books

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jayce (new)

Jayce O'Neal (jayceoneal) | 3 comments Mod
What is your absolute favorite kid's book and why?

I loved Shel Silverstein's "Where the Sidewalk Ends". I enjoyed the crazy and often truthful stories he told. It was just so much fun!

Feel free to ask me about either of my two books...I look forward to chatting with you.

message 2: by Doris (new)

Doris Pearson I haven't read many of the kids books published after oh what 1955? lol I remember stories like Mrs. Wiggins of the Cabbage Patch, Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn, which really dates me. lol I will have to buy your books. Just so I can discuss them.

message 3: by Jayce (new)

Thanks for buying the book Doris...glad you enjoyed it...

message 4: by Doris (new)

Doris Pearson I put review up at my website.. http://ourmomolga.tripod.com

message 5: by Ruby (last edited Jul 17, 2009 01:56PM) (new)

Ruby Emam (goodreadscomruby_emam) | 4 comments Doris:
Now that Jace convinced you to go back and read some kids' books, how can I encourage you to read "The Little Black Fish"???

message 6: by Doris (new)

Doris Pearson You have but to ask. I have ordered a copy and will review after I read... so give me a couple of weeks.

message 7: by Ruby (new)

Ruby Emam (goodreadscomruby_emam) | 4 comments Thanks my dear. That was easy, do you think it will work on my other friends too?

message 8: by Doris (new)

Doris Pearson Sure, you can always try. Good Luck.

message 9: by Candice (new)

Candice Jaehn | 1 comments I loved Dr. Suess and Little Golden books as a kid! I think why I loved Suess so much was because of all of the made up words/creatures. It just made it fun to read.

"Crazy Circus World" is so amazing! My boys love it for it's "craziness", but I love it for the story itself. It's so amazing how your "little" book can teach so much!

message 10: by Jayce (new)

Thanks Candice!

message 11: by Robin (last edited Sep 04, 2009 06:54AM) (new)

Robin (robinsullivan) | 1 comments Shel Silverstein is indeed great. I personally like Dr. Shelby's A, B, Z's book - that is classic. I actually like a lot of children's stories. Charlotte's Web, Little House on the Prarie. I recently ran across The Time Cavern by Todd Fonseca which is great for young boys.

Robin (The Crown Conspiracy | Avempartha | Nyphron Rising)

message 12: by Alexz (ardna) (new)

Alexz (ardna) (luvstowrite) hmmmmm

message 13: by Ruby (new)

Ruby Emam (goodreadscomruby_emam) | 4 comments Doris wrote: "You have but to ask. I have ordered a copy and will review after I read... so give me a couple of weeks. "

Hi. I just realized that you were going to read my book and write a review. Thanks.

message 14: by Ruby (new)

Ruby Emam (goodreadscomruby_emam) | 4 comments New documentaries on the Kurdish Struggle for justice and freedom, entitled : "Little Black Fishes"

vimeo.com/108880966

This is how far a great children's' book can go!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6...