Paranormal & Urban Fantasy, Monthly Group Reads discussion

BoM (Archived) > (June) Skin Trade - *No Spoilers*

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

♥Tricia♥ (siddie) | 1167 comments Mod
Discussion for June's Book of the Month

Skin Trade (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #17) by Laurell K. Hamilton
Skin Trade by Laurell K. Hamilton

NO SPOILERS please! :D

message 2: by Shanon (new)

Shanon (boban) aaargh! I've had a hard time finding free time to read this month. I've been looking forward to this book so I'll get to it. I've been keeping my eye on the ratings & it seems to be doing really well - can't wait to get into it!

The last couple of books haven't been able to focus on ALL of Anita's men. Does anyone know who the main characters are in this one?

message 3: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

I will be starting it this evening, I am finishing up the last pages of Acheron! lol

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah  | 276 comments Isn't she supposed to be traveling to Nevada in this one? I have it on my TBR pile at home. I'll have to look.

message 5: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 105 comments The main men aren't the normal guys. It's really an Edward, Olaf, Bernardo story. As for the rest: Jason for a hot second, JC by phone, Crispin...and the yummy Wicked Truth. There's also an intriguing couple of weretigers introduced. Much to my chagrin though, Haven was only in it for about a nanosecond. It was a good story though, with lots of stuff happening in the hunt for the serial killer.

message 6: by Sarah (new)

Sarah  | 276 comments I flipped through and saw Crispin mentioned. So... Bernardo's back, huh? (Happy dance.) Plus, Olaf just scares the hell out of me, so I'm glad Edward makes an appearance.

message 7: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 105 comments Edward's behaviour in this one is so different from before. It'll be interesting to see the thoughts on it.

message 8: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

I started this and am like on chapter 6 or something and its BORING..

/sigh

Why can't I get into this?!

I think its because the main men, as stated by michelle, are the guys I hate most in the entire series..

I can't stand Edward at all or his cronies. It makes for a very boring book imo.

Why I fell in love with the series was for Anita and her shifters and vamps.

message 9: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 105 comments Wicked Truth totally spice things up a bit.

Are you still mired in SWAT meetings and talks of guns? Because yeah, that can get tedious. I think it picks up...around their visit to the morgue?

message 10: by Cindi (new)

Cindi (ourtrumpcard) Sarah wrote: "Isn't she supposed to be traveling to Nevada in this one? I have it on my TBR pile at home. I'll have to look."

Berdardo? Yummy!

message 11: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

Questions!

What do you think of Olaf in this story.

What do you think of the story thus far? And to elaborate, are you happy or disappointed that it takes place where it does?

I am not too far into this (I think chapter 10 so far) but I just dont like this.

I HATE the characters in it (Olaf and Edward and the gang). And I HATE that we dont get to see (so far) Richard and JC and the other shifters.
That is the world I want to read about. And I can't stand it when she sways from it.

And ya I know I am not real far in yet so I pray there is hope for that world I want to read about!

Olaf ugh.. I wish she would kill him already..

message 12: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 105 comments Have you met Victor yet?

message 13: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

Not yet

message 14: by Sarah (new)

Sarah  | 276 comments Just started this morning, but sounds like it might be ok for me. I know some people didn't like Obsidian Butterfly because it took Anita away from St. Louis and put her in a story with Edward, but that has been my favorite book so far. Anything away from Richard is fine.

message 15: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 105 comments I liked Obsidian Butterfly. This is a bit different, mainly because of the change in Olaf's behaviour, and the resulting change in Edward's. There's really nothing of home in it, but there are some very interesting developments power-wise, and some interesting new acquaintances.

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) Olaf and Anita, their scenes are hilarious.I love it. This book reminds me of OB but Edward has definitely changed. I'm liking it so far on 220 and can't believe no sex. I hope I get some soon.

message 17: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

I am like 3/4 of the way done and still no sex..

What gives?

Don't get me wrong I like a good story line but what the fuck?

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) I guess LKH is trying to get the story away from all the sex. IDK it's like she can nothing but sex or no sex at all she needs to find a balance.

message 19: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

Yeah it would be nice if she did. I didnt mind all of the sex, but I know there are those that did.

/sigh

message 20: by Shanon (new)

Shanon (boban) Jael wrote: "Olaf and Anita, their scenes are hilarious.I love it. This book reminds me of OB but Edward has definitely changed. I'm liking it so far on 220 and can't believe no sex. I hope I get some soon."

I'm only a couple of chapters in but OB was one of my recent favorites so I'm excited to see the comparison.

3/4 through and NO SEX!! I'm one of "those" people that like the earlier books better. BUT I also still enjoy the later books for different reason. I think it's going against who Anita has become & all the insecurities she's overcome to not have ANY sex at all. I agree, there needs to be some balance.

Paranormal & Urban Fantasy, Monthly Group Reads

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Skin Trade (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Laurell K. Hamilton (other topics)