Movies We've Just Watched discussion

Dan in Real Life

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Imageseer (new)

Imageseer | 1 comments I just came back from watching this movie that my wife really enjoyed. Increasingly I'm drawn to movies about relationships and deal with the complexities of life in a modestly realistic, albeit in a humorous, fashion. About a Boy is another such favorite. If I can't see the humor in my own messy life, I'm sure I'm missing something significant. I hope to laugh more at my this journey before the credits roll.

message 2: by Faith (new)

Faith Quick (faithbquick) | 81 comments i really really really liked this movie which really really surprised me. i didn't see this movie until it came out on video and i can just watch it over and over.i was drawn into dan's life and felt that i could understand his romantic struggle. i wanted to be so much a part of his family, they were so fun, warm, honest, and real.

i also loved about a boy! it was so human. i loved how honest the main characters were, they both spoke their minds throughout the whole movie and in the end they find each other, through that they found themselves.

dan in real life made me feel like life can still spring from life, and that it can happen anywhere at anytime with anyone. that bad decisions are not the end the world. i loved that dan made some SERIOUSLY bad choices BUT and but being the key factor, he apologized with honesty and worked at making right.