Books on the Nightstand discussion

APA ANNOUNCES THE AUDIES 2009 FINALISTS!

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carla (new)

Carla  (carlathompson) | 42 comments APA ANNOUNCES THE AUDIES 2009 FINALISTS!
PRINCETON JUNCTION, NJ -- February 9, 2009
The only awards program in the United States devoted entirely to honoring spoken word entertainment drew in a record 1,000 entries from audio publishers this year, reflecting the health of the audio industry. Read the full press release.

Winners will be announced, Friday, May 29, 2009.

message 2: by Ann (new)

Ann (akingman) | 2097 comments Mod
Carla, thanks! We will reference this when we do our audio book show. (assuming that my fried brain can remember....)

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Did you know that the APA ran events at the BEA? Audiobook publishers have booths on the floor of the expo and, have their gala awards ceremony (the Audies) on the Friday before closing (though next year, I believe it is going to be on a Wednesday!)

Anyway, the full list of finalists, with the the winners tagged, can be found at www.theaudies.com if you're interested.

message 4: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Is there still time to call and leave a voice mail about the audio book show?

message 5: by Ann (new)

Ann (akingman) | 2097 comments Mod
Stephanie, yes, please do call and leave a voice mail. We are currently shooting to have that show up episode after next (or 4 weeks from yesterday - my mind is blank on dates and I don't have a calendar handy!).

Tanya, thanks, I will take a peek at the winners. I had no idea that the awards ceremony was held in conjunction with BEA.