The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > Newbie in Connecticut

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (lintulintu) | 16 comments Hello!!

I'm sort of new here...I signed up on Goodreads awhile ago, but then ignored it for quite awhile. Then I found this group (and the summer challenge) and am so hooked.

I am 26, married, and live in CT. I have a degree in linguistics and history, so I tend to like books with interesting wordplay or historical fiction. In 2006, I was on the game show Jeopardy!, which forced me to read a lot of things I wouldn't have otherwise---tons of classics or general "must reads."

I'm also a big non-fiction reader---I'm interested in many, many topics, and I like to alternate between the escapism of fiction and the grounding of real life :)

Hope to chat with some of you in the future!

Lauren

message 2: by Lisa Julianna (new)

Lisa Julianna (lisajulianna) | 1053 comments Hi Lauren,

Welcome to the group!!!
I love the challenges Cynthia puts together and the summer one, I think is going to be quite the challenge. Should be lots of fun. :~)
Anyways...glad you are here.

message 3: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10123 comments Mod
Lauren, you are semi-famous? Did you win anything when you were on Jeopardy? How cool is that>>!!

Welcome!

message 4: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (lintulintu) | 16 comments I won one game and lost the second in Final :( I laughed when I saw Percy Shelley as a topic in the Challenge because he was the answer to one of my Double Jeopardys :)

message 5: by Catamorandi (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) | 1045 comments Hi Lauren,

My mom and sister will be jealous that you were on Jeopardy. Welcome to TNBBC.

message 6: by JSou (new)

JSou Hi Lauren! Welcome to the group. That is SO cool you were on Jeopardy! I'm jealous! I watch that show every night on Game Show Network and pretend I would be smart enough to be on there! :)

message 7: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (lintulintu) | 16 comments It's not so much smarts as much as studying and knowing the tricks of how the questions are worded---there are clues in every question. Also, people who read a lot are at an advantage!

message 8: by Atishay (new)

Atishay | 1451 comments Welcome Lauren!

message 9: by Hayes (new)

Hayes (hayes13) Camerandi wrote: "Hi Lauren, My mom and sister will be jealous that you were on Jeopardy..."

I'm jealous too!! Welcome Lauren!

message 10: by Eric (new)

Eric | 382 comments Hello and welcome to the group!

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome Lauren!