Movies We've Just Watched discussion

See "Juno" - recommend

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I saw Juno this weekend too. I loved it!! I'm telling all my friends to watch it.

message 2: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa I finally saw this last night, but was not blown away. I found the snappy dialogue really fake and annoying. What I felt was the film's strength - s(which surprised me) was all of the stuff with Jennifer Garner. I loved how she came off as really uptight and anal at the beginning, but then we see it is all part of her desperate yearning for a child. I thought how Juno comes to see her goodness and worthiness to be a mother during the scene at the mall was really moving. Loved the very realistic ending. So, I liked it overall, but perhaps not for the same reasons that critics have.

message 3: by Pat (last edited Feb 23, 2008 06:36AM) (new)

Pat | 24 comments I just saw "Juno" myself and very much enjoyed it. For me, one of it's strength was it's quick dialogue. She is shown as part of the geek group; suggesting the ability to communicate in terms above the latest pop lyric. And her character is suggested to be, throughout, an individual. The whole film has a quirky, snappy feel from the graphics to the soundtrack. The supporting cast was also excellent. It will be fun to see if it can top "No Country..." for Best Picture.