Writer's Paradise discussion

Writers H-M > Marisol's Kingdom

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new)

Amy (runawaymarbles) | 77 comments So, I deleted my other topic and old goal of 250 words and am starting a newer, more ambitious goal of

*drum roll*

one thousand, six hunderd and sixty seven words per day

also known as NaNo rate. I have been holding to this for the past week...

message 2: by Elaine (new)

Elaine (caladhiel) | 1020 comments Wow! That' awesome Marisol! Good luck!

message 3: by Amy (new)

Amy (runawaymarbles) | 77 comments :-) It's not too hard. See, my moms laptop that lives in my room doens't have internet or anything, so there arnt any distractions.

message 4: by Milinkalap (new)

Milinkalap That's awesome. Distractions are my enemy but sometimes they can be inspiring.

message 5: by Elaine (new)

Elaine (caladhiel) | 1020 comments Yes, I find myself on GoodReads all of the time! Or YouTubeing or looking something up or.... Ugh, distractions!!!!!!

message 6: by Amy (new)

Amy (runawaymarbles) | 77 comments Why I write with no internet.

message 7: by Amy (new)

Amy (runawaymarbles) | 77 comments Today- around 1,680.

message 8: by Amy (new)

Amy (runawaymarbles) | 77 comments I'm thinking of upping to 2000

message 9: by Amy (new)

Amy (runawaymarbles) | 77 comments yesteraday: 1680

message 10: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 1803 comments great job

message 11: by Amy (new)

Amy (runawaymarbles) | 77 comments thanks

message 12: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 1803 comments welcome *lays on ground*

message 13: by Renee (new)

Renee (rjmiller) Hey Marisol. I reviewed what you had posted as promised. You have a great start there. You have raised a lot of questions and as it stands right now, you can go many directions with the story.
Great word count by the way!

message 14: by Amy (new)

Amy (runawaymarbles) | 77 comments today: just over my goal. Will probably write more later, t hough.

message 15: by Amy (new)

Amy (runawaymarbles) | 77 comments yesterday; almost 3000!!!

message 16: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) | 977 comments Good Work!!!

message 17: by Amy (new)

Amy (runawaymarbles) | 77 comments thanks! page 207 so far...

message 18: by Renee (new)

Renee (rjmiller) Holy cow Marisol!! 3000 is awesome. You must have been inspired.
Isn't it a great feeling when you get something substantial done in your writing. I remember when I was finishing Once Bitten, I spent 6 hours straight writing. I wrote something like 200 pages. Of course there were pee breaks and I had to take the dogs out. Everyone was gone for the day so I sat down and wrote like crazy. I finished the book that day.
The editing I haven't been so crazy about plugging away at.
Are you nearly finished? Or are you going for 300-400 pages? Is this the one that I read the other day? Please post more if it is. I want to see what happens next.

message 19: by Amy (new)

Amy (runawaymarbles) | 77 comments wow. I'm envious. 200 pages?

I'm at 2500 for the day. I always force myself to do my obligitory 1666 early on weekends- at least before 10:30. Then as I sit around later in the day I go work some more.

TOday I'm at 2,600.

message 20: by Renee (new)

Renee (rjmiller) I haven't totalled what I've done today. That day was exceptional, I never get six hours to myself and I literally typed the entire time. I haven't done it since and to be honest, I felt a little sick for the rest of the night. My wrists and fingers ached, but it was worth it.

Part of that was transferring what I had written in a notebook onto the computer, so it wasnt' like I came up with 200 pages worth of material in that moment. Maybe half of that. I counted it though, since I had to "write" it again.
With my kids and the daycare kids, I get maybe an hour in the morning and a few at night. If I'm too tired I'll put in a good effort, but I usually don't write too much. Now that I have the laptop it will be easier to get more done. The kids can go play outside or watch a movies, or do crafts and i can be there with them and write. Much easier. Faster than pen and paper too.
You should definitely increase your goal, you're meeting it and then some.

message 21: by Amy (new)

Amy (runawaymarbles) | 77 comments I've considered it. But some nights I only have time to get one or two words past that. I might say 1666 on a week day and 3000 on weekends.

message 22: by Renee (new)

Renee (rjmiller) Why not go middle of the road and say 2000-ish? That would be reachable. That's mine, I can do more if I get time alone, but most days its a struggle.

message 23: by Amy (new)

Amy (runawaymarbles) | 77 comments I've considered it. I reach 2000 on my own sometimes, but when I have no time... if I have time or ideas, I keep writing. If I dont, I dont.

my goal used to be 250. That makes me laugh. And I used to write a 1000 word chapter for my fanfiction every week. lol.

message 24: by Renee (new)

Renee (rjmiller) Any writing is better than none at all. 250 would be extremely easy though. There are days that it's easy to imagine it being impossible. I write whatever is in my head though. I may not keep it all in the end but I have to get it down somewhere. That's why I have four or five things going on at once right now.

There is always something to write when you've got several different stories and characters floating in your head. Just don't mix them up.

message 25: by Amy (new)

Amy (runawaymarbles) | 77 comments lol

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Happy June!!!

message 27: by Amy (new)

Amy (runawaymarbles) | 77 comments u2

message 28: by Paige (new)

Paige (anauthor) Awesome goal Marisol.

Great ambition.

See you around. :)

message 29: by Amy (new)

Amy (runawaymarbles) | 77 comments only 1300 yesterday, so today I'm shooting 1900

message 30: by Amy (new)

Amy (runawaymarbles) | 77 comments I HAVE been writing. I finished a first draft on the 13th- about 95,000 words- and was letting it sit. Now I'm back editing.

message 31: by Amy (new)

Amy (runawaymarbles) | 77 comments When editing, I do a time limit- usually burning a CD of, say, ten songs, which is about 40 minutes and thenI just go until the CD is done.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Ooh, brilliant! keep it up!

message 33: by Amy (new)

Amy (runawaymarbles) | 77 comments thanks!

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

:D

message 35: by Amy (new)

Amy (runawaymarbles) | 77 comments Now it's 120K.