TV We've Just Watched discussion

Comedies > Glee

Comments Showing 1-50 of 223 (223 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (sjhensley) | 928 comments Did anyone catch the premiere of "Glee" Tuesday night after American Idol? It officially starts in the fall.

I found it funny and heartfelt. The music was good too.

message 2: by Holli (new)

Holli I've got this on the DVR to watch soon...I'm glad you liked it Stacy!

message 3: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Definitely looking forward to seeing more of this. I liked the style with the internal dialogue. Great singing too! Very entertaining and I liked all the sneak peeks. It has promise. Let's hope that doesn't kill it.

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) What? Is coming on in the fall? How could Fox tease me like that? This will be one of my can't miss shows.

message 5: by Holli (new)

Holli I finally watched this show this morning and I absolutely loved it. The writing is excellent, the characters were perfect.....reminds me of Scrubs in a way at times and I can also see the Nip/Tuck (same creators) influence a bit too.

message 6: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I'm watching it now....funny! Though teacher's wife....she has GOT TO GO!

message 7: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I just finished watching....I totally miss high school choir now! Jael - are they holdign the rest of the episodes till the fall?!?!

message 8: by Holli (new)

Holli Yes they are Roxy, Fox said its going to make So You Think You Can Dance a fall show too and this will be on after it.

message 9: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I don't watch SYTHYCD but following it up with a regular show?! It sounds like a bad slot for any show. I guess I understand their reasoning though. The slot just doesn't sound promising.

message 10: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 730 comments Can't wait till the season stars. Seen the first two very funny.

message 11: by Holli (new)

Holli I thought they only showed one episode?

message 12: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Yeah - first two?

message 13: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments two? do tell!

message 14: by Holli (new)

Holli I don't think there was two. As far as I know it was just the one teaser....

message 15: by Melissa (new)

Melissa That's what I thought, Holli. Any idea if they will repeat the pilot we saw before the season starts?

message 16: by Holli (new)

Holli I would think so....that would be the smart thing to do.

message 17: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments You can find the pilot and some kind of promo clips (I haven't watched them) on the Fox web site. Fancast.com also has the pilot episode.

message 18: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 730 comments Unless i was stoned {and i don't drink or smoke anymore} i'm sure it was two.Because i set my DVR for the next week & got zip, then seen promos for the fall season.

message 19: by Holli (new)

Holli I looked it up on Fox.com and on other sites and there was just one episode aired which was the pilot. Not sure what you saw as a second one Lori but the 2nd episode (and the start of the seson for Glee) won't air until Sept 9th it says.

message 20: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (sjhensley) | 928 comments Glee resumes tonight with new episodes! Can't wait!

message 21: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Awesome! Thanks for the reminder, Stacy!

message 22: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 730 comments DVR Set, Ready, Go! :0)

message 23: by Holli (new)

Holli I'm gonna watch it, can't wait :)

message 24: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (sjhensley) | 928 comments This is my new favorite show! It has everything--humor, music, drama, romance, and best of all... Jane Lynch as the cheerleader coach!

message 25: by Holli (new)

Holli I laughed non stop through the entire show.... when she said "my first thought was that your kids should be in foster care" I lost it. laughed till i cried. SO FUNNY!!

message 26: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I was a little disappointed with this episode yet it did leave me wanting more. The music didn't feel like they were actually singing. I know its recorded seperate but it sounded too studio.

My husband was in the room for a bit of it and was a bit intrigue though he won't quite admit it. As he got up to leave he scratched his head in confusion and said I can't tell if this is a spoof or what?!

message 27: by Melissa (last edited Sep 10, 2009 06:54AM) (new)

Melissa Loved it! Watched it live last night, but left it on the dvr and watched it again while folding clothes this morning. My husband actually put away his laptop and sat and watched with me and laughed almost as much as I did. It's just so fun! It was a bit awkward with the lip syncing and I hope that improves, but I still love their songs!

message 28: by Holli (new)

Holli My boyfriend sat down and watched it with me too! He thought it was hilarious :) We both really enjoyed it.

message 29: by Teresa (new)

Teresa (teresainohio) The lady in charge of cheerleading, she is just a little too mean. I don't like Quinn in Glee at all, but you had to have that happen. As for the home life, his wife is so needy and how is she going to pull off the whole non baby thing?

message 30: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (sjhensley) | 928 comments There are so many funny parts; I am going to have to rewatch.

One part that cracked me up was when the cheerleading coach turned to Rachel and gave her the "I'm watching you" gesture. It was just the timing and her expression that really made it funny.

message 31: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (sjhensley) | 928 comments Coach Sue: You need 12 kids to qualify for regionals. Last time I looked, you only had 5 1/2.

So wrong! :)

message 32: by Holli (new)

Holli Very quotable show isn't it? Love it!!

message 33: by Allison (new)

Allison | 9 comments such a good show!! ive been waiting all summer for it to start!! LOVEEE matthew morrison and of course jane lynch!

message 34: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (sjhensley) | 928 comments Sue: Iron tablet? It keeps your strength up while you're menstruating.
Will: I don't menstruate.
Sue: Neither do I. *awkward pause*

message 35: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (courtneyclift) | 924 comments I'm shocked by just how much I'm loving it. It's like watching my high school years all over (I was a "theater jock"...), but at 5'11 I never had a leading man as tall as I was, or as cute as Finn!

I wish I could get my son to watch with me!

message 36: by Holli (new)

Holli You are cracking me up Stacy!!!

message 37: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (sjhensley) | 928 comments Holli, I should not be encouraged! Not that I could be stopped!

Principal: First, an announcement. The toilets are broken again. We are fixing the problem, but let me warn you there will be zero tolerance for anyone soiling the school grounds. We're not going to have a repeat of last time.

message 38: by Holli (new)

Holli I loved that entire assembly with him!!!

message 39: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (sjhensley) | 928 comments Today's episode was cute, but not as funny as last week's. Perhaps it needed more Coach Sue time!

I really liked the scenes with Mercedes and Kurt. I thought they seemed really genuine.

message 40: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (courtneyclift) | 924 comments I thought it was sweet too, Stacy. My high school BFF didn't come out of the closet until he was 45 years-old. All the girls practiced their kissing skills with him which helped him keep up the pretense and I couldn't help but totally relate to Mercedes.

I so wish that everyone had the "guts" to be who they are inside on the outside!

Peace. xo

message 41: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments The bit in the beginning with the guy teachers hanging out had me cracking up. The two-thumbs-up cake for the shop-sub. LMAO. And the previous shop teacher with the restraining order? LOL

I did feel like the end left me flat. What? That's the end? It didn't seem like an ending point, more like they didn't know how to wrap up.

message 42: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (sjhensley) | 928 comments Just for fun:

Principal: “You need new outfits. I got several flashes of panty from your group today, and I’m not talking about the girls.”

message 43: by Holli (new)

Holli That was a great one!!!!!! Love your quotes Stacy :)

message 44: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments What?!?! I totally missed that line!

message 45: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (sjhensley) | 928 comments That wasn't from this week; it was from the week before (after the "Push It" performance).

message 46: by Holli (new)

Holli I wasn't able to catch this week's show.... Is there a website that does good episode recaps?

message 47: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (sjhensley) | 928 comments You might be able to watch the whole episode on Fox. Not sure, though.

message 48: by Holli (new)

Holli Thanks Stacy :)

message 49: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Holli, you can wathc the episode on Fancast or read a thurough recap on TV Without Pity.

message 50: by Holli (new)

Holli TV Without Pity, that's the site i couldn't think of for reviews! Thanks Roxy :)

« previous 1 3 4 5