The Rory Gilmore Book Club discussion

Gilmore Girls Discussions > Girls in bikinis, boys doin' the twist

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zoe (new)

Zoe | 16 comments hey there- okay, so kida dumb question but...
You know the episode "girls in bikinis, boys doin' the twist" on GG? its the episode when Rory and Paris go to spring Break in Florida. Well, you know the song that plays in that one club scene (the one where paris kisses rory)?? well I was wondering what the title of the song is during that scene. I know that its by The Shins but i dont know what its called! PLEEEEAAASE RESPOND!!!!!! thanx

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) "So Says I" from the album "Chutes Too Narrow." Great CD.

message 3: by Zoe (new)

Zoe | 16 comments thaaaaaaaaaanks. i just bought it on itunes

message 4: by Alison, the guru of grace (new)

Alison | 1282 comments Mod
Sarah is quick on the draw.

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) I love the Shins. I about peed my pants when I saw them on GG. Chutes Too Narrow is my favorite of theirs.

message 6: by Shannon, the founder of fun (back from sabbatical) (new)

Shannon | 254 comments Mod
Chutes to Narrow is an absolute fav of mine too!

message 7: by Kristel (new)

Kristel | 164 comments Got something else about this episode: has anyone seen "something borrowed". Dex, the really dishy superjummy male lead in that movie, Colin Egglesfield, he played in this episode. Does anyone remember what he played? I think he was a guy that Rory kind of flirted with, but I'm not sure, I have to watch the episode again.

message 8: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 3 comments Yes, he played the VERY cute guy that semi-flirts with Rory, but only shows active interest after he sees Paris kiss her in the bar.

message 9: by Laurie (new)

Laurie Boris | 7 comments The one who she asks what the big fuzzy q-tip type things were named. Anyone remember Jon Hamm's appearance (not in that episode, though.)

message 10: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 3 comments Jon Hamm played Payton Sanders. The guy she meets at the auction but ends up having a "dud" date with. I think it was the episope "8 o'clock at the oasis".