Zara's Curse Zara's Curse discussion

WARNING THIS AUTHOR has SOCKPUPPETS

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kriss (new)

Kriss So apparently the author of this book has a bunch of sockpuppets for the soul purpose to trash and rate down a bunch of vampire books so theirs goes up... BAD BAD BAD BEHAVIOR!

message 2: by Leanne (new)

Leanne Herrera very bad. What they don't realize is that this can be bad for all authors that are being rated. It looks bad for the author they are supporting.

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Kessler Two of my vampire books just got whalloped with 1 star reviews today from this guy's fake accounts... Majorly sucks!!! :-/

I emailed Goodreads... Maybe they'll remove them? I hope so!

message 4: by Inger (new) - added it

Inger Iversen Domonkos wrote: "HELLO. I Just got on this site to tell you all I'M NOT the guy doing this. I didn't even know the book was on the site till recently. I hired a guy to promote my book and he after taking my mone..."
That is NOT enough. There are FAKE profiles that were created to bash our books and those profiles and FAKE reviews need to be DELETED as well.

message 5: by ♡Karlyn P♡ (new)

♡Karlyn P♡ Linda wrote: "Domonkos wrote: "HELLO. I Just got on this site to tell you all I'M NOT the guy doing this. I didn't even know the book was on the site till recently. I hired a guy to promote my book and he aft..."

And he even updated that account yesterday. Same day all of the socks appeared.

message 6: by ♡Karlyn P♡ (new)

♡Karlyn P♡ Travis wrote: "The guy is a consummate liar. He pulled his photo and removed his troll ratings from one of his profiles in attempt to hide the fact he was involved in this mess.

Then he comes in here with a new..."

I took a boat load of screen shots too, this is some of the worse abuse I have seen on Goodreads. I am fully confident that they will have all of those fake accounts deleted quickly, their customer reps are good and fair. They are usually quick about this sort of stuff, unlike Amazon.

I feel terrible for all of the authors that got slammed with his fake reviews, and sorry for the readers he was hoping to dupe. However, as marketing plans go, the 'scam, spam and sham' method makes you wonder how he ever thought it would fly. So many holes shining through it.

message 7: by Karma♥Bites ^.~ (last edited Sep 04, 2013 05:20PM) (new) - added it

Karma♥Bites ^.~ FWIW, GR―at bottom, a book database―does NOT remove books once published (or in some pre-pub instances, e.g., when ARCs distributed/reviewed). However, GR can and certainly does delete the accounts of those members who abuse the site and/or violate its ToS.

eta: BTW, noticed that his self-ratings via 2 regular GR accounts have disappeared. *shocked (not)*