Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > Beta Reader Available

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sadie (new)

Sadie (sadieblundell) | 6 comments I'm an avid reader and writer and love books in the genres of:
Adult Fantasy fiction
YA fantasy fiction
Chick Literature
Anything with action and suspense
So I'm more than happy to beta read any book that falls under any of the above
My favourite authors are:
Quinn Loftis
Talia Jager
Maggie stiefvater
Lauren Kate
Beverly Barton

message 2: by Eloreen (new)

Eloreen Moon (eloreenmoon) | 1 comments I, too, am available to beta read. I'm working on a couple of books this week but should be available next week. I read most everything: Science Fiction, Fantasy, Urban Fantasy, Steampunk, Paranormal, Mystery, Suspense, LGBT, YA, and, of course, Romance. :)

message 3: by Lise8 (last edited Sep 03, 2013 12:57PM) (new)

Lise8 | 29 comments Hi Sadie, and Eloreen

I would love to find beta readers willing to help me with editing my women fiction/ chick lit novel called Resolve. I have posted a chapter here on Goodreads, so have a try and if it seems appealing, I would be very happy to forward to whole thing to you. The font and format I use is a lot easier than as displayed on this site, by the way!

Here is the link: http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/3...

Hoping to hear from you,

Lise

message 4: by Kellie (new)

Kellie | 9 comments If either or you (Sadie and Eloreen) are interested in beta reading for a new adult romance/adventure story, please drop me a line! It's new adult, about 95k in length. A modern fairytale retelling of East of the Sun, West of the Moon (no magic involved though).

message 5: by Sadie (new)

Sadie (sadieblundell) | 6 comments Hi Kelly,can you tell me a little of what it's about? Thanx

message 6: by K.D. (new)

K.D.  | 5 comments Eloreen wrote: "I, too, am available to beta read. I'm working on a couple of books this week but should be available next week. I read most everything: Science Fiction, Fantasy, Urban Fantasy, Steampunk, Parano..."

Are you available to beta read a science fiction book, 97,000 words?

message 7: by A.J. (new)

A.J. Bell (authoraj_bell) | 9 comments Hi, is any of you (Sadie, Eloreen or Judy) interested in beta read for me? I have a 102k Romance story that takes place in England on the !770's. First draft! Very rough on the grammar and punctuation I'm sure. Let me know.

message 8: by R (new)

R | 75 comments Hello, this is my first time here. I have recently written a romance novel, and it is finished. However, I'm looking for someone to help me edit it. I can be reached at karuth955@gmail.com.

message 9: by Doreen (new)

Doreen | 9 comments A.J. wrote: "Hi, is any of you (Sadie, Eloreen or Judy) interested in beta read for me? I have a 102k Romance story that takes place in England on the !770's. First draft! Very rough on the grammar and punctuat..."

Need anyone else? My speciality is Regency, but I'm happy to step outside my era. I'm a Brit so can help with language and grammar. Contact me here or on doreenknight64@hotmail.com if you're interested.

message 10: by Christina (new)

Christina OW (christinaow) | 7 comments Doreen wrote: "A.J. wrote: "Hi, is any of you (Sadie, Eloreen or Judy) interested in beta read for me? I have a 102k Romance story that takes place in England on the !770's. First draft! Very rough on the grammar..."

hi Doreen,

thanks for your offer. I have an ARC of my upcoming release Her Venice Affair. I've emailed you a copy. if you can have the review ready between the end of October and beginning of September I would really appreciate it. thanks.

message 11: by Su (new)

Su Williams (suwilliams) | 2 comments Greetings,

My name is Su Williams and my first novel, Dream Weaver, is currently on sale on Amazon... I see you are willing to do beta reading, and I'm hoping to finish the second book in the series within the next 2 weeks...well, the first draft anyway. Let me know if you're interested and how you would like to proceed if you are. You can check out Dream Weaver here on Goodreads to get a feel for the story. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Dare to Dream!
Su

message 12: by Joseph (new)

Joseph Slonaker | 27 comments Good morning, Sadie! I was wondering if you would have the time to beta read my novel? (75,500 words) In my queries, I say it is fiction/suspense.. I feel like it borders chick lit, though. Unfortunately, I don't think agents feel like guys can write a chick lit book. Care to take a look and give me an honest opinion?

Many Thanks!
Joe
schlauz16@gmail.com

message 13: by Bart (new)

Bart Cline (lordrocco) | 4 comments YA sci-fi about 32 children from around the world who are abducted by aliens and taken to another world wracked by interplanetary war for unknown purposes, where they have to adjust to a new life, learn to live with each other, and get to grips with their alien setting. Think Lord of the Flies in space.

Want to take a crack at it?

PM me or reply here. Thanks for looking!

message 14: by Eniola (new)

Eniola Prentice (eniolaprentice) | 1 comments Hey

Would you be willing to beta read my contemporary/new adult Christian fiction set in medical school. Think Greys anatomy meets Nicholas sparks. Its about 110,000 words. if you are please email eniolaprentice@gmail.com