Catching up on Classics (and lots more!) discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives Retired Folder Threads > September 2013 Contemporary Read

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katy, New School Classics (last edited Sep 03, 2013 09:13AM) (new)

Katy (kathy_h) | 9663 comments Mod
Trisha has been busy with family illness, so we did not get nominations and a poll for September's Contemporary read.

Rather than go through the process, for this month only -- is there someone who has a contemporary classic that they really want to read this month? And is willing to help lead the discussion?

If not, we can just continue with Jamaica Inn for September.

Jamaica Inn by Daphne du Maurier by Daphne du Maurier Daphne du Maurier

message 2: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 39 comments I read Jamaica Inn several years ago, hopefully discussion will refresh my memory so I can contribute. I know I really enjoyed it when I read it...

message 3: by Katy, New School Classics (new)

Hi Terri, join us here: http://www.goodreads.com/topic/group_...

message 4: by Miriam (new)

Miriam | 32 comments I am reading Despairby Vladimir Nabokov and would be willing to lead a discussion on it since I have been reading the history and back story on it. I love Nabokov and I noticed we haven't read anything of his yet, so just let me know what you guys think.

message 5: by Katy, New School Classics (new)

Miriam wrote: "I am reading Despairby Vladimir Nabokov and would be willing to lead a discussion on it since I have been reading the history and back story on it. I love Nabokov and I noticed we haven't read anyt..."

Miriam I think that would be a great idea. Thank you. Unless anyone objects, lets go with this book. I do agree that Nabokov is a classic writer.

I will put up the threads tomorrow (to give time for other opinions), probably a background thread, non-spoiler thread, and a spoiler thread. If you would like it set up differently let me know.

Vladimir Nabokov Vladimir Nabokov

message 6: by Miriam (new)

Miriam | 32 comments Kathy wrote: "Miriam wrote: "I am reading Despairby Vladimir Nabokov and would be willing to lead a discussion on it since I have been reading the history and back story on it. I love Nabokov and I noticed we ha..."

That sounds good to me! :)

message 7: by Katy, New School Classics (new)

Miriam, the threads are up. I'm excited to read some of the history and back story that you mentioned.

Thank you again.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.

Catching up on Classics (and lots more!)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Jamaica Inn (other topics)
Despair (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Vladimir Nabokov (other topics)
Daphne du Maurier (other topics)