Romance Audiobooks discussion

Archives > September 2013 Non-Romance Listening

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) I'm not listening to a non-romance right now. What about you?

message 2: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 1329 comments I'm listening to The Inside Ring (Joe DeMarco, #1) by Mike Lawson . So far so good! I don't think I've ever listened to a book narrated by Scott Brick and I've heard tons of good things about him.

message 3: by Samyann (new)

Samyann | 20 comments I'm re-listening to the wonderful series of books written by the late Vince Flynn. I've got all the audiobooks, and love his writing and characters. Mitch Rapp is awesome. Since Flynn died, I thought I owed him another listen. I'll probably listen to them all again, someday. They are great. Most read beautifully by George Guidall, some by Nick Sullivan, but they are all great listens.

message 4: by Dee (new)

message 5: by Marie (new)

Marie (marieroop) I agree with Samyann Vince Flynn's Mitch Rapp is great! I have listened to all of his books as well, Great narrations too!

Just finished the Red Tent By Anita Diamont and loved it. Excellent narration!

message 6: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 1329 comments Listening to Succubus on Top. If I don't like this book, this will be it for this series.

message 7: by Ancientpeas (new)

Ancientpeas | 301 comments Would a succubus ever be a bottom? *weird thoughts that occur to me while reading other people's posts*

Starting Thankless in Death by J.D. Robb. Low expectations for this one as I've read three very ambivalent reviews.

message 8: by Vic (new)

Vic (vicaet) | 494 comments I'm also listening to Thankless In Death - no expectations. :)

message 9: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 1329 comments Finished Succubus on Top and I'm debating whether to rate 1 star or 2 stars. It had a few funny moments here and there but I was skivvied for good chunks of the book. I was all Ewww! Ewww! And the way things were solved! If I could have, I would have strangled her.

This is it for me with this series.

message 10: by Ancientpeas (last edited Sep 24, 2013 06:42AM) (new)

Ancientpeas | 301 comments Finished Thankless in Death. It was okay. Certainly the villain is unlikable but I don't know why but this one didn't grab me. It was just sort of okay. Susan Erikson was great as usual.

Starting The Cuckoo's Calling next. I don't know why I want to call it The Cuckoo's Cuckold. Weird Freudian thing, maybe?

message 11: by Ancientpeas (new)

Ancientpeas | 301 comments Finished The Cuckoo's Calling. I liked it and it didn't feel slow and the solution made sense. I liked Strike and Robin even if Strike can be a bit clueless about women and Robin is a little Mary-Sueish.

message 12: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1379 comments getting ready to start The Ocean at the End of the Lane

message 13: by Angie (new)

Angie (angiemb) | 415 comments Just finished Written in Red by Anne Bishop. Great story, and I really enjoyed the narration once it got going. A few of the male voices, including the hero's bothered me a bit, but I got used to them once I was really pulled into the story. Can't wait for the next one in this series coming out in March.