Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

Breaking Nova (Nova, #1)
This topic is about Breaking Nova
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > Breaking Nova (Nova, #1) by Jessica Sorensen → Start Date: September 14th, 2013

Comments Showing 1-50 of 77 (77 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Please feel free to join Gisbelle, Becky and I while we enjoy Jessica Sorensen's newly released book Breaking Nova

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Hope it is as good as The Coincidence :)

message 3: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments me too!!! but not too similar :D

Emily | 1594 comments I am going to join you for this!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments My phone isn't showing the start date. Can someone tell me so I can mark it on my BR?

message 6: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (last edited Sep 03, 2013 11:44AM) (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Vicki wrote: "My phone isn't showing the start date. Can someone tell me so I can mark it on my BR?"

The 14th! :D

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Hey guys - sorry about the double up. I've asked Jacq or Gis to delete the thread as it won't let me do it myself!

Yay, I'm excited! THANKS Trisha!

message 8: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments I just deleted it! :D

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments TY HON!!!!

Ashlyn | 2085 comments I'll join in on this one!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Jacquelyn wrote: "Vicki wrote: "My phone isn't showing the start date. Can someone tell me so I can mark it on my BR?"

The 14th! :D"

Got it, thanks.

message 12: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Welcome Emily, Vicki and Ashlyn!

I think we'll like this one!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I think it'll be a good book! :)

message 14: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments yay!!! I have a few books to finish first - and the last of our items from Oregon arrived today in a POD we have to unload tomorrow - so I'll be starting late, but I'll start!

5 chapter check back??

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Trisha wrote: "yay!!! I have a few books to finish first - and the last of our items from Oregon arrived today in a POD we have to unload tomorrow - so I'll be starting late, but I'll start!

5 chapter check back??"

I'm good with that, Trisha. 5 for this, 5 for Grave Mercy, and God knows what else! LOL

Gisbelle | 27299 comments ok check back every 5 chapters. Good luck tomorrow Trisha :)

Emily | 1594 comments I will be starting this one late as well want to finish up another book before I start this right now I am in the middle of three other ones. But I am going to try to have one of them done today

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I am excited to begin this one and HOPEFULLY stay on top of one buddy read! LOL

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I finished chapter 2

(view spoiler)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Vicki wrote: "I am excited to begin this one and HOPEFULLY stay on top of one buddy read! LOL"

Lol... How many buddy reads you have to catch up with? I have another one, but it is dragging, so I don't think I'll read it today.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Embarrassing, but if I have 4 books that I've partially read and are buddy reads. Lol

Emily | 1594 comments Vicki wrote: "Embarrassing, but if I have 4 books that I've partially read and are buddy reads. Lol"

I am in the middle of two BR I don't sign up for more than a couple a month anymore because I got so behind in June

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Oh yay! I'm finishing up Legend and then I'll be on this one like white on rice! LOLOLOL!

I love this reading mania! :-) Yippee!

Gisbelle | 27299 comments My first thought before I read the blurb, I thought Nova was a boy.

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Gisbelle wrote: "My first thought before I read the blurb, I thought Nova was a boy."

I did too, lol!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Emily, I can't help myself! During the school year I get behind often because I have 150 plus students whose papers I have to grade, and getting behind in that is far worse! Lol If I'd not assign any work for them, I'd be free and clear to read. Lol

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Vicki wrote: "Emily, I can't help myself! During the school year I get behind often because I have 150 plus students whose papers I have to grade, and getting behind in that is far worse! Lol If I'd not assign a..."

I'm sure they'd love that too Vicki!!!!!

Gisbelle | 27299 comments :) glad I"m not the only one.

Finished chapter 5
(view spoiler)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments In chapter 6 (view spoiler)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments I'm almost done with legend. Then I have a few chores that i absolutely completely HAVE to do (as I've been avoiding them all week to read) and then I'll start Breaking Nova!

I'll come back and read your spoilers and start posting! :-)

I also want to start My Favorite Mistake today as well!

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments This book is heartbreaking so far. I'm only on chapter 3... I'll comment more in a few chapters.

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Gisbelle wrote: "I finished chapter 2

I like it a lot so far. Great pace. Nova and Quinton both have issues. I hope they can find a way to get over the past."

I agree with you on this spoiler. I think it's totally unfair. He was the DD!

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Gisbelle wrote: ":) glad I"m not the only one.

Finished chapter 5
[spoilers removed]"

I have been mulling that over and over myself. (view spoiler)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Gis, I agree with your chapter 6 comment. I noticed that right off. Wondered if there was a step-mom or something...

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments I'm at chapter 8.

I really really like this book - a lot! (view spoiler)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Oh, the only thing that bugs me (view spoiler)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Ok, I'm 73% done. I don't have a chapter number ...

I. Love. This. Book. LOVE IT! The only thing that bugs me is the explicit drug use. It pertains to the situation so I understand why its in the book, but I just wish it wasn't so MUCH.

(view spoiler)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments I'm done. Amazing. Just Amazing. (view spoiler)

message 39: by Becky (last edited Sep 14, 2013 04:56PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Did you guys realize this is yet ANOTHER series?

Untitled
Untitled

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I don't like that drugs seem like the main theme of this book. But the characters are nice. I hate that Delilah let Dylan do that to her.

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Oh I'm in chapter 12.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I am getting ready to start it as I listen to the FREAKING NASCAR RACE...VROOM....ZOOM...VROOM!! I can't concentrate with it so we'll see what happens!

message 43: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments I'm just getting ready to start too!

except my background noise is my husband playing a zombie video game! LOL!

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Since you love zombies, I think it's not a problem :D

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I love this line from chapter 12

(view spoiler)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Haha that's funny Trisha, and perfect comeback Gis! Lol

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Finished. It was beautiful :) Let's talk later.

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Gisbelle wrote: "Finished. It was beautiful :) Let's talk later."

OMG It was wasn't it! Did the ending just kill you or what?

I agree about the drugs, but it was central to the story and I can not wait to see what happens in the next book.

(view spoiler)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments (view spoiler)

Emily | 1594 comments I finally finished Vain and am starting on this now!

« previous 1