Origin (Lux, #4) Origin discussion

Like Breaking Dawn? Spoilers

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Hekate92 I really liked this book, I mean, there was a lot of Daemon, who doesn't love him? But I'm a bit disappointed. Is it just me, or this book was a bit like Breaking Dawn? Their wedding (seriously, again at age 18/19?, though the big fancy one probably will be in the 5th book, and Dee is going to take care of it, like Alice), those hybrides, dangerous and unpredictable like vampire ones. And the ending? It's like a Volturi coming, only in alien version, because the main characters did something unthinkable. And pregnant Beth. For some time I was wondering when Katy would be pregnant, but it's great she's not, 'cause that would be too much. What do you think?

C. I. Chesser I saw some similarities such as them getting married, but didn't think what happened at the end was like the volturies at all, but that's just my opinion. However I loved this one. I think it's my favorite so far.

message 3: by ~*~Princess Nhya~*~ (last edited Sep 12, 2013 05:49AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

~*~Princess Nhya~*~ I saw no similarities to Breaking Dawn with this book either. Yes, they got married. but considering their way of life right now & how uncertain their future is & their feelings for one another, I can understand why they did. & nothing about how it all came about was anything like Breaking Dawn. Plus Katy wasn't resistant to the idea of being Daemon's wife.

Dee yes, she will prob give then a proper wedding when things calm down, but Dee has been that party impulsive girly girl since we met her in book 1. So I'm not really seeing these things as a copy cat of sorts.

& we're talkin about Aliens here. Everything about them since the beginning has been very far removed from Vamps/the Volturi. The Luxen are an entire nation of Alien beings some here some from another Galaxy I guess. The Volturi are a small but powerful sector over the vamps. & nothin about the Luxen abilities are similar to the vamps. Except maybe telepathy. There is no similar vibe on any of these fronts IMO.

Shantel ~*~Princess Nhya~*~ wrote: "I saw no similarities to Breaking Dawn with this book either. Yes, they got married. but considering their way of life right now & how uncertain their future is & their feelings for one another, I ..."

I completely agree :)