The Challenge Factory discussion

Wanderlust
This topic is about Wanderlust
2013 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > Jenne and Bree - Wanderlust

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jenne  (JennetheInstigator) | 7439 comments Jenne and Bree - Wanderlust

Jenne  (JennetheInstigator) | 7439 comments Any preference for a start date?

message 3: by Bre (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bre Hey Jenne,

No preference I can do it whenever! If we read it on a weekend, I can finish it in one say, otherwise it'll probably take me two days.

Jenne  (JennetheInstigator) | 7439 comments Cool lets start is this weekend then :)
I've been anxious to read this since I found out it was similar to the dark duet.

Jenne  (JennetheInstigator) | 7439 comments I'm at 28% and can barley make myself put it down. Definitely similar to the dark duet!

message 6: by Bre (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bre I haven't read any of that series yet, but I've been dying too. I will start the book tonight!

Jenne  (JennetheInstigator) | 7439 comments It's good! Like the car wreck you know you shouldn't look at but can't help from doing so. I'm halfway done with this one and its good. I'm flying through the pages.

Jenne  (JennetheInstigator) | 7439 comments I finished last night. I can't decide between 4 or 5 stars. I really enjoyed it and the depth of the characters was great. Hunter isn't the monster you'd think he'd be and Evie has way more backbone than she gives herself credit for.

message 9: by Bre (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bre I ended up starting the book today and finished it all in one sitting. Like you, I flew through the book.

I experienced all of Evie's emotions that she went through. She definitely showed her strength though, especially with everything she had gone through. I don't think I could have the same outlook that she did.

Hunter drove me crazy. At times I felt like he was not that awful, like at the diner when he protected her and then got emotionally upset that she wanted to leave, but he didn't take it out on her in a physically harmful way. Then other times I was disgusted that he simply used her as a toy for his own pleasure only. I think his true redemption was when he met her at Niagara falls with the letter. That proved he wasn't all bad, just broken, like Evie.

Overall, I loved the book and would rate it 4 or 4.5 stars too. I think I will definitely have to read the Dark Duet series now, as I love these types of books.

I'm not sure if you've read Escape From Paradise (sorry I can't link it, I'm typing this on the iPad app), but that is another great captive book I've read recently.

Jenne  (JennetheInstigator) | 7439 comments You hit the nail on the head lol! I haven't heard of that one I'll have to check it out. I do like my erotica to be dark. Kitty Thomas is pretty good too. All in all I really liked this, I'm glad we read it!